• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I had a couple hours to try out MW5 and I am pretty disappointed. The battles are fine and I am a huge fan of the hardpoint system.
But the bland story can't make up for the repetitiveness of the procedural missions. HBS is leagues better in terms of mission design and storytelling. Looking forward to their next big thing.

Speaking of which, I would like to try out Hyades Rim, is there a source for it if you don't have an account at nexusmods?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I guess it is somewhat similar to Battletech. Small studio with limited ressources. The campaign was quite OK for me. But the sandbox-part got quite repetitive quickly, as you said. I just hope that the Battletech-universe isn't too niche and future projects can be made "bigger". Or at least so modder-friendly that these maniacs can do their wonderful work. ;-)

I guess it is somewhat similar to Battletech. Small studio with limited ressources. The campaign was quite OK for me. But the sandbox-part got quite repetitive quickly, as you said. I just hope that the Battletech-universe isn't too niche and future projects can be made "bigger". Or at least so modder-friendly that these maniacs can do their wonderful work. ;-)

Even if it's unfriendly, the fans will get it done. I have faith.

... these are the sort of people who you'd put on reverse-engineering Clan-tech. Who wouldn't produce the travesty which is the Rakshasa.

Reactions: