• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cypres

Second Lieutenant
86 Badges
Nov 10, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
What is it with the social media team of paradox posting memes/mentions about Vic3 alot more frequently since
late 2019/early 2020?

It almost feels like they try to raise brand awareness without committing to a concrete announcement. What if an announcement was planned for pdx con 2020? Time between announcement and release might be alot shorter this year than the 12 months we are used to.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I honestly hope so.
If they announce EU5 or HoI5 or any other sequel before Vic3, I'm honestly going to feel outraged, and these memes will have been simply insulting to the fan base.
I gave them a pass for CK3 for CK2 being the only post-Vic2 game with a sequel, but if this turns out to be a trend, it'll just confirm that this franchise is dead, and all these memes would be just rubbing salt in the wound.

On another topic, if 2020 really was supposed to be Vic3's announcement year... then I suppose that's just the kind of luck this game has, with a once-a-century pandemic deciding to hit right then.

• 4Like
Reactions:

Another vic2 reference by using the soundtrack, pdx social media team in 2020 are actual trained professionals who know exactly what they are doing. They don't just randomly use memes from a game made 10 years ago. Their social media audience is limited, they could make references or jokes about imperator, Eu4 or Hoi4 but they chose to make them about a supposedly dead game.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I hope Sweden gets their vaccination program going at full steam, there's the possibility that a game announcement is directly linked to a PDXCon happening or not.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Remember the showcase streams of ck3? I think pdx can make one of those without a pdx con( which won't happen this year, take my word.) now the question is, when do we get an announcement.
We have a pending dlc for ck3, Hoi4, stellaris and Eu4 aswell as imperator combine this with a Vic3 announcement and that's enough for a multi-day event "pseudo" online pdx con. My guess is we could get such an event within the next 3-5 months.

• 1Like
Reactions: