• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bland Sludge

Recruit
May 28, 2020
One line summary of your issue
The game always crashes during the initial loading screen.

What platform are you running the game on?
PC, using the Xbox (Beta) client and its Game Pass.

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?
V1.300 / latest patch (no precise number because I can't progress past the loading screen to see it)
From the crash report tool:
Source revision: 41692
Build number: 6883

What expansions do you have installed?
Season Pass, Revelations, Invasions

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have played the Invasions DLC previously, but recently I cannot start the game without it crashing on the initial loading bar. The last time I succesfully played was yesterday when I exited the game by selecting "Exit Game" on a tactical battle (probably irrelevant). Problem could be a result of a random patch but I have no idea. The dump file says this about the exception:
Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF8D3CA730E (xgameruntime.dll) in DMP9D69.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Have you tried verifying your files?
The Xbox (beta) client doesn't have this feature; I have used the repair and reset functions on the app settings screen and also reinstalled the game. This didn't work.

Steps to reproduce the issue
1. Launch the game, opening the Paradox Launcher
2. Press Play
3. Wait until loading bar reaches ~60% completion
4. Crash

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    87,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same issue.
I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling.
Using the Repair function.
Installed it on a separate SSD.
Turned off firewall.
Here's my dump file.
Happens if I boot the game from Xbox store, Xbox beta app, Xbox console, the executable itself.

I have the season pass as well.

Attachments

• DMP9BC0.dmp
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Hey Guys, thanks for the additional dumps. We're discussing with Microsoft to determine what could be causing this crash to occur. Which Windows version are you running on atm?

Last edited:
Version 1909
OS Build 18363.836

If it also helps, my PC is part of the group which didn't get the update:
The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.

Alright, we've figured out that the crash appears to occur due to something going wrong in the check for Products. A fix for this issue is in development and we'll try to get it out to you as soon as we can.

Hey, I just got the DLC packs today and am having the exact same issue.. Played it no problem about 3 or 4 days ago with my friend using Games pass, today i decided to buy the game through the windows store plus the season pass since I have been enjoying it so much and now it wont launch at all

Hey, I just got the DLC packs today and am having the exact same issue.. Played it no problem about 3 or 4 days ago with my friend using Games pass, today i decided to buy the game through the windows store plus the season pass since I have been enjoying it so much and now it wont launch at all

Yeah, and don't bother trying to reinstall. I assume that once you install Invasions, you've also updated the game in other ways. I did a complete reinstall and tried running the game in its base form with no expansions and it still crashed the same way.

So far no fix yet - paid and get nothing in return for 2 weeks? When i googled: age of wonders planetfall crash on startup there is a strange page with a fix-update for it? I´m not mad just sad because i want to play so badly.