• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
pictures for humans (view image for full res)

V9VNmik75SWFNCeQTvjZkV-5000-80.png

u2pPY8ZuWrWr2xtGEfUUDh-5000-80.png

rdDChQ4wCy3kwTrTAVMNeX-5000-80.png

LjUceaiU6Xh6ZTREyUWGTj-5000-80.png

EoGuJSRRmouYJYRKqLQmen-5000-80.png

DEUDPAtCSiEnM6q9aRp7LE-5000-80.png

8tbJ8Hhii5nuHspdJLr6HW-5000-80.png

cRdjhLBzQR9s4CxcK8rnLF-5000-320.png

And World War Two means no helicopter rushes. Or Finland's Fuckmaster Turboblasters. #blessed

Honestly, so excited for this game. My two favorite studios coming together like this...couldn't have been better.

The third image is a very good recreation of the Pegasus Bridge.
Well yes and no.
Yes, it's a fantastic model of the Bridge and the Caen Canal.
No, because the Gliders are on the wrong side of the Bridge and I can't see Cafe Gondree.

(I am a WW2 pedant at heart.)

Wait a minute, those pintle mounted machine guns are no longer being manned by ghosts!

This is too much change for me.

Cheers for posting Meneth, it sounds/looks quality :). I particularly like:

Eugen’s desire is to skew towards historical accuracy over what they referred to as the contrived, 'rock-paper-scissors' balancing of other RTSes.

..and the general approach to plausibility.

This is only published by Paradox, I doubt it would have much affect on Paradox developed games.
I know but if they see that more historically accurate games have a large player base then they may think it would be good in there games too.

I know but if they see that more historically accurate games have a large player base then they may think it would be good in there games too.

lol

Seeing the sales of EU4 and HOI4 on steam I think the answer is clear on this issue. I doubt Wargame sells 1/50th of the copies these have sold

And seeing that Paradox did IPO recently, they are definitely not going to get more historic any time soon. If you want historic you have AGEOD, Matrix or slitherine for that anyway.

One of the only articles I've found so far to have screenshots:

http://www.pcgamer.com/steel-division-normandy-44-is-a-realistic-ww2-rts-coming-this-year/

Interesting read. The phase system sounds intriguing and could counter the initial tank rushes of some Wargame multiplayer matches.

Based on the article it seems the intent is to give each Division a different power curve on each phase. Airborne for instance seems to be slanted towards being powerful in the opening, whereas Panzer-Lehr only gets its best toys in the final phase.

It's very interesting and potentially groundbreaking if they make it work. The problem with Wargame multiplayer matches really is that the first few minutes of the battle tend to be much more important than the rest of it - with the first few minutes determining the initial frontline (and consequently the reinforcement rate / victory point generation rate) after which offensive action becomes disproportionately costly due to the relative strength of defense (leading to long periods of build-up).

The real trick is how to balance the power curves, and what mechanic would determine the transition between phases. For instance it wouldn't make for a very interesting game if Airborne can consistently win a match before Phase A even ends. On the other hand how you get from Phase A to Phase C becomes critically important to a "late bloomer" unit like Panzer-Lehr. Would everyone reach Phase B/C at the same based on a time limit? Or could you actually pay to move up a phase - rewarding players who were able to save up points without losing too much positionally? That's something that Eugen should really take a long time considering and testing.

pictures for humans (view image for full res)
8tbJ8Hhii5nuHspdJLr6HW-5000-80.png

B1 Bis, nice.
Beutepanzer company against Airborne troops will make for an interesting sight, as one side lacks AT weaponry to counter the outdated and aged tanks of the other side. Kind of a hammer without a head against a rusted out anvil.