• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

macgregor2150

Major
3 Badges
Aug 24, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
I find that, especially with certain mods -notably Blood&Iron or to a lesser degree AIOGE, that closing the game down too quickly can result in some conflict on my pc that can lock it up completely. Of course the simple solution is: shut the game down slowly allowing a minute after the scenario closes before exiting the game. I believe it has something to do with my Radeon graphics card: the R9 M360 which has a settings program. If anyone is familiar with this stuff, please help me. If there's a setting causing this, let me know. I use windows 7 so, that could be an issue.

press start button

open cmd as administrator

type "sfc /scannow" and wait patiently for it to finish. Note what it says.

contemplate the morality of using an obsolete version of windows which makes your computer vulnerable to be used in a botnet which has taken down hospitals and killed thousands of people the last few years

reboot computer

open cmd as administrator again

type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and wait patiently for it to finish

reboot computer

run sfc /scannow again.

If both before there was reports of files being fixed, and now here isn't that's a great sign. If not, try to run it once more.

The R9 M360 is so called bloatware, it's a useless thing the company tricks people to put on computers, remove it.

go into windows update and tell it to pause updates for now

statistically, you've killed another person by now so try to hurry up

tell windows update to pause itself

download this: https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,19.html

Also download the latest version of that bloatware I told you to delete, it'll make sense in a moment.

use the display driver uninstaller, carefully, after reading and understanding the instructions

now as you are back in your computer with no display driver except for the basic windows one, and you've made windows not automatically fetch a new one, open the device manager and right click on your graphics card

go ahead and tell it to install a driver, but select the option to find the file yourself instead of windows doing it automatically.

now, select the install file for the aforementioned bloatware, install drivers, reboot computer

you have now repaired your windows operating system and made a perfect clean install of the latest drivers for your graphics card, all while being responsible for a few deaths and getting rid of some bloatware

there could be many other reasons for why you are having this problem, but these are two of the most likely to solve it.