• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Suzukiman

Corporal
4 Badges
Apr 14, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Hi Everyone,
I would like some advice plz, I own the Xbox One version of Cities Skylines and have all the expansions (DLC) but am peed off that you only get a max of 9 land squares to buy in game and was considering buying it for PC or Laptop too as you can apparently buy 25 land squares which is def better!
I have heard a lot of horror stories that the game has a lot more issues and crashes on the PC version but being able to mod is something I would like to look into, also the DLC for the PC version is quite expensive too so to buy the base game and all DLC is gonna be over £100!! :-(
I'm guessing the game would prob have more issues and crashing on a lowly powered Laptop, I have a tower PC too but will prob have to upgrade all the hardware to comfortably run any games which is also a big expense!?, so, is it worth spending a load of money just to play CS on a PC?, I would appreciate any input from other fans of CS,
Thanks guys!

I don't really play Cities: Skylines on PC but apparently there's issues with each DLC using up more and more RAM and causes the game to lag. Also, all versions of the game (console, Steam, Windows 10) have a max of 9 tiles. As far as I'm aware you can only get my than 9 through mods on the Steam edition. That'll use up even more RAM as well. If you have a low-end laptop then you're better off sticking to the console edition.

If you've maxed out the 9-tiles full, then you should enjoy the steam version.

The Steam does have a great many mods, so choosing the right ones to match your rig is detrimental.

You don't have this issue on the consoles, but it still should use up a ton of memory as the DLC are the same. So they are going to use up a lot of memory.

But adding workshop are unsupported and can have issue, and if you have no se3lf control, you will have headaches. I know one guy subscribed to over 7,000 workshop mods and assets for like a month, then wondered why the game didn't load. lol

But the Steam version is designed to be unlimited, to an ext3ent, so you can build the city you want, not the original version only.

But if you built very big cities in CSL on console, getting just the base game can get you a long ways. and it seems to always be on sale for $7.50 or less, all of the time.