• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well , I bought a copy for my Wife, No Problem . Then a few hours later I decided to buy a copy for myself for my PC , Now Payment Refused!!
It's obvious your MERCHANT is Affecting Your sales !! you may want to consider Using a Different MERCHANT! Anyway I can't buy the Game now , And because this is becoming Very Aggravating I've Decided It's not Worth the Trouble. too bad for you !! I'll just go get something else , and won't be considering any other of your titles!

Same problem here. I tried 2 different banks, neither of them have international restrictions and they didn't receive the purchase, so they couldn't have blocked it. I tried multiple different computers, browsers, no VPN, and different purchase amounts. I did submit a ticket so hopefully I can get this solved before the sale ends.

Please contact support, we can see try and figure out what the cause is but it does require some more details that I don't want so share on the forum.

I don't even acknowledge the Paradox store anymore. Too many frustrating attempts to make purchases that inexplicably failed. If it's not on Steam... it's a dream. ;)

Paradox does a lot of things well, but running an online store is most definitely not among them! :( I've never, ever, ever, ever... ever had the sort of problems I've had on their store anywhere else. At all. Even once. But at least I know to ignore their online (un)store now. That certainly makes it easier.

Last edited:
Agree and it is strange. You watch the PDX events on YouTube, you see how great their games are and their Forum, and their YouTube site, and their people - yet when it comes to taking orders (which even old ladies at flea markets can do with their cell phone apps), Paradox is probably the worst I have ever encountered. As Marceror stated, I do not even consider buying though Paradox no matter what the sale is. Steam is 100% effective, efficient, and has incredible support (one time I clicked the wrong game, and the credited me in about one hour!!).

In summary, Paradox is probably the best gaming company in the history all mankind; but their Sales Process is the worst in all mankind. Shut down the Sales Department and just use Steam.

Agree and it is strange. You watch the PDX events on YouTube, you see how great their games are and their Forum, and their YouTube site, and their people - yet when it comes to taking orders (which even old ladies at flea markets can do with their cell phone apps), Paradox is probably the worst I have ever encountered. As Marceror stated, I do not even consider buying though Paradox no matter what the sale is. Steam is 100% effective, efficient, and has incredible support (one time I clicked the wrong game, and the credited me in about one hour!!).

In summary, Paradox is probably the best gaming company in the history all mankind; but their Sales Process is the worst in all mankind. Shut down the Sales Department and just use Steam.

Same here, i wanted to buy a lot of games with the discounts, but Paradoxstore just sucks. Steam is 100% effective.

Dear Paradox, please fix this, i want to give you my money!

Well , I bought a copy for my Wife, No Problem . Then a few hours later I decided to buy a copy for myself for my PC , Now Payment Refused!!
It's obvious your MERCHANT is Affecting Your sales !! you may want to consider Using a Different MERCHANT! Anyway I can't buy the Game now , And because this is becoming Very Aggravating I've Decided It's not Worth the Trouble. too bad for you !! I'll just go get something else , and won't be considering any other of your titles!

This just happened to me. My husband made a purchase a few hours ago and I went to make the same purchase for my account so we could play together and I got the payment REFUSED error. :( I have submitted a ticket to HelpDesk, but I do not know if it will work in time to honor the sale prices. :(

This just happened to me. My husband made a purchase a few hours ago and I went to make the same purchase for my account so we could play together and I got the payment REFUSED error. :( I have submitted a ticket to HelpDesk, but I do not know if it will work in time to honor the sale prices. :(

This is so frustrating. I submitted a help request shortly before I made my forum post. That was almost 40 hours ago. I never received an acknowledgement or any indication they received my submission. Now that the sale is over, one item is currently on sale, so I changed my order to a different amount, it has been over 24 hours since I last attempted to make a purchase, I confirmed I typed in everything accurately, and I get the REFUSED error again!

SO FRUSTRATED!!!

This is so frustrating. I submitted a help request shortly before I made my forum post. That was almost 40 hours ago. I never received an acknowledgement or any indication they received my submission. Now that the sale is over, one item is currently on sale, so I changed my order to a different amount, it has been over 24 hours since I last attempted to make a purchase, I confirmed I typed in everything accurately, and I get the REFUSED error again!

SO FRUSTRATED!!!

I just tried to use PayPal as an alternative payment method and "SOMETHING WENT WRONG!"
Something went wrong all right, your site wouldn't even load up PayPal, it just errored again.

Something went wrong when placing your order. Please consider trying a different Payment Method and make sure you have Enough Funds to complete the transaction.
I TRIED using a different payment method but it wouldn't load. I know there are enough funds but your system wouldn't let me even try.

I can't find any contact information to even try to speak to a live body about this!!

We don't do live support I'm afraid. Lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with all relevant details. The sale is over now but we'll be able to discuss what went wrong and how it can be fixed for next time.

We don't do live support I'm afraid. Lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with all relevant details. The sale is over now but we'll be able to discuss what went wrong and how it can be fixed for next time.
I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the Paradox store is the lamest "store"ever. Do you guys ever stop to consider how bad your store, that doesn't let people make purchases, makes you look? My advice, stick to selling things on Steam. You have absolutely NO IDEA how to run a store. And please don't make some lame excuse about your provider -- this is ON PARADOX for continuing allow this to go on.

Again, apologies. I love Paradox. I love your games. But I HATE that your stupid ass store is still preventing your fans from making purchases, and year after year, you are incapable of improving. No one else seems to have such problems. Just Paradox and their lunkhead, "doesn't work" store. Seriously? It's such a joke at this point!!

/end toughlove

I TRIED using a different payment method but it wouldn't load. I know there are enough funds but your system wouldn't let me even try.

I can't find any contact information to even try to speak to a live body about this!!
My advice is to not even bother doing what AndrewT said, because things ARE NOT going to be better next time. They have been in the same, sorry place for years. I learned a while back to ignore the existence of this store, and my quality of life has only improved as a result.

Any efforts to report your issues are wasted, because nothing will change. Just wait for the Steam sales, and either motivate Paradox to truly take this seriously and make a meaningful change, or shut their ridiculous store down for good in favor of running sales through a reliable channel like Steam. Through some miracle of science, which Paradox seems incapable of figuring out, Steam sales ALWAYS, 100% of the time manage to work!!!

I mean, seriously.

I logged a support ticket on 8/21/2018. I NEVER received a response. It is now a MONTH later and still nothing. There has been no contact or discussion. This is ridiculous.

I logged a support ticket on 8/21/2018. I NEVER received a response. It is now a MONTH later and still nothing. There has been no contact or discussion. This is ridiculous.
We have never received a support ticket from the email associated with this forum account. Was it from a different email perhaps? Did you get a ticket number?

We have never received a support ticket from the email associated with this forum account. Was it from a different email perhaps? Did you get a ticket number?

Yes. I used the Request form on the website. I signed in, filled out the form and clicked submit. I never received a response. I did the same thing again this afternoon. So if you never received a response, then something may be wrong with the form. Does it time out? I never received any kind of error or confirmation after submitting the page.

Nothing is wrong with the form. We get 20 to 50 tickets a day from it. I can't explain why you are having such troubles.

But if you get no confirmation there is clearly a problem somewhere, and you shouldn't sit back for a month hoping for a response. We respond to every ticket within days, often hours.

You are going to paradox.zendesk.com , or where to do this?

Nothing is wrong with the form. We get 20 to 50 tickets a day from it. I can't explain why you are having such troubles.

But if you get no confirmation there is clearly a problem somewhere, and you shouldn't sit back for a month hoping for a response. We respond to every ticket within days, often hours.

You are going to paradox.zendesk.com , or where to do this?

I am glad to hear that your ticketing system seems to be working, just unfortunate that it did not for me. I navigated to your helpdesk from the main site. Clicking on Support under the Community header at the bottom of the page took me to a Support info page.
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/support-static-info-ca.html

I clicked on the green Helpdesk button and it took me to the Paradox Interactive Helpdesk.
https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us

I clicked on "Submit a Request" after making sure I was signed in.
https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I filled out the form and this time, instead of putting me back on the main helpdesk screen as it had the last two times, it put me in my "Activities" section of my account. The only thing I did differently is that last night I set myself to be remembered by the website. I don't know if it was logging me out after I had tried to submit the request and therefore not sending the ticket.

As a new customer, I was unfamiliar with your process and did not know anything had gone wrong. I was bothered that I had not heard even an acknowledgement of receipt of the ticket which is customary, but after the second attempt a few days later, I got very busy and did not make the time to come back and hunt down the reason why.

I do not know why I was unable to submit my tickets through your website until today. I was using the same laptop then as I am now. I used a notepad to draft my description and pasted it into the windows as before. The form remembered the Title, Transaction ID and my forum username. The only difference was that last night, when I logged in I selected the option to have the site remember me. I believe this was after I had submitted my ticket and apparently failed as you stated you saw no tickets tied to my email.

This whole endeavor has been extremely frustrating.

We've responded to your ticket now, you should be okay from here.

Sorry for your trouble and inconvenience!

My son and I wanted to play Strellaris together so I made a purchase for my son without issue tried to make a purchase for myself, same card and billing information just a different account, and I got refused. The purchases were only a few minutes apart from each other, but I was not able to complete the transaction for my account. Is there a timing issue where I have to wait before making a second purchase?