• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm always in favour of more Vicky two. Never enough love.

Islam for some reason is super easy to be destroyed, even by accident in CKII. Then again, so is Catholicism. Might just be how big organised religions are simulated, and how easy it is to reduce their moral authority to zero.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm always in favour of more Vicky two. Never enough love.

Islam for some reason is super easy to be destroyed, even by accident in CKII. Then again, so is Catholicism. Might just be how big organised religions are simulated, and how easy it is to reduce their moral authority to zero.

Islam is very oddly fragile. In my AARs I never really even end up in direct conflict with Muslims myself, but they always manage to get killed off by a strong Byzantine Empire after a major realm collapse. I'm hoping CK3 will make it a little more cohesive. In the olden days Islam was oppressively powerful, now it feels largely irrelevant. I'd love to see a scenario where I make it to EU4 with Christians, reformed pagans, and Muslims all still alive, thriving, and relevant.

As for V2, definitely doesn't get enough love! Though I really hope Vicky3 comes along at some point though, for smoother transitions and a bit more updated gameplay. I'm still wandering around in the dark gameplay-wise in V2, and just using storytelling to fill in the gaps.

As for V2, definitely doesn't get enough love! Though I really hope Vicky3 comes along at some point though, for smoother transitions and a bit more updated gameplay. I'm still wandering around in the dark gameplay-wise in V2, and just using storytelling to fill in the gaps.

Ah the fun I’d have if Vicky3 ever dropped! We can only hope.

Happy to see this come to an end before total civilisations collapse, even if the fash remain broadly in power. Obviously there isn’t really the game to do it in, but some sort of sequel to this campaign – showing the fate of the Axis in a couple of decades – would be cool. I guess I can always hold out hope for total regime collapse and eventual partisan victory. :p

Looking forward to more on the Estonian project!

Islam is very oddly fragile. In my AARs I never really even end up in direct conflict with Muslims myself, but they always manage to get killed off by a strong Byzantine Empire after a major realm collapse. I'm hoping CK3 will make it a little more cohesive. In the olden days Islam was oppressively powerful, now it feels largely irrelevant. I'd love to see a scenario where I make it to EU4 with Christians, reformed pagans, and Muslims all still alive, thriving, and relevant.

I've seen Islam pierce france exactly once, and they utterly destroyed Christendom outside of my Britannia and a gigantic union between Italy and Byzantium. Reformed pagans and Muslims basically skirted around that superpower and fight each other and me (only catholic standing).

So yes, it was interesting, but unlikely to happen again. Indeed, the earliest versions of CKII I played with had France and Italy directing North Africa between them before crusades even begin, then obliterating jihads when they happen. They managed to stop franc eholy warring Minorca and jumping to Algeria within fifty years of starting, but in its place have basically made all religions painfully vulnerable to looting and holy warring.

October 1953 - December 1955

The End of the War
The United States issued its ultimatum and declared war on Mexico in August of 1944, ushering in the longest -- and bloodiest -- leg of the greater conflict today known as World War 2. Years of stalemate saw extended fighting in Asia against Korea, resulting in a long campaign through the frozen forests of eastern Russia as the Axis and Synarchist Pact slowly ground Korea down to surrender.

Then, when all other fronts seemed to run stale, Mexico drew first blood against the United States by launching a nuclear assault on the southern border and capturing San Diego. From there, rapid Mexican offensive operations saw southern Texas overrun by the elite armored divisions known as the "Jaguar Warriors" of the Mexican army. But the surprise attack, fueled by nuclear strikes and new-model jet fighters, was short-lived. Eventually, the element of surprise war off as the United States contributed more and more land and air power to the Mexican front. With portions of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California in Mexican hands, the United States tripled down on its defense and returned the war to a new stalemate.

lMNvZJ0.png

In a final desperate attempt to push the war back into motion, Nazi agents operating within Japan had spent years preparing for a second Japanese Civil War. Capitalizing on the frustration of many Japanese who felt their government had failed to deliver any meaningful progress in the war, German intelligence helped to organize and supply a new resistance effort of pro-Axis Japanese, resulting in Heihachiro Inoue's rebellion in the fall of 1953. These pro-fascist elements rose up with particular strength in southern Japan, where they occupied Nagasaki and Hiroshima as their primary base of operations. With control of southern Japan, these fascist rebels allowed Axis forces to safely land on Japanese soil for the first time, cooperating with the rebels as they pushed their way north to bring Japan under the heel of Axis rule. As with the other theaters of the war, the fighting was long and difficult -- and brought on unfathomable brutality.

e0ZX4Fb.png

As the Axis forces slowly pushed their way north, in the summer of 1954 Hitler ordered the most decisive strike of the war yet: a nuclear attack on the Japanese capital of Tokyo. As American and democratic Japanese forces fought bitterly on the front line, they looked on in horror as, far behind the front, the light of a German nuclear weapon filled the afternoon sky and ravaged Tokyo. The resulting damage, both to infrastructure and to morale, ultimately proved to be one of the final breaking points for Japan. By the end of 1954, the democratic Japanese government had capitulated to the Axis, and all of Japan was under Inoue's pro-German government.

Now, the United States of America stood completely alone against the Axis and Synarchist pact, and the Americans were beginning to feel their backs pressed to the wall.

69yrNoc.png

For the first time in the war, the Americans mounted a large coordinated counterattack against the Mexican army. From eastern Texas all the way to New Mexico, American divisions launched a rapid attack across the border. They were met with repeated failures in the west thanks to heavily dug-in Mexican positions, but they managed to break through the primary defense line of Mexico's forces in Texas, breaking open a pocket and advancing in an attempt to send the occupiers backwards. The strike made it as far as San Antonio, which the United States was able to briefly liberate before a counterattack ended the ill-fated American offensive, drawing the battle lines back to the same static position it had held with minimal change for years.

oR7LH7R.png

Even after the United States retaliated with their own nuclear strike in Newfoundland, none of the battle lines budged. Then, in the heat of the summer of 1955, spirits began to break.

Americans had been promised a swift and decisive war against Mexico, painted as puppets of Hitler and imperialists challenging America's leadership in the western hemisphere. They had been led to believe that the overwhelming might of the American army would crush Mexico and restore order quickly, but those promises had come up void. Instead, casualties had skyrocketed thanks to multiple Mexican nuclear strikes, failed American pushes to the south, and incessant aerial combat over the border. The loss of life, coupled with the increasingly demanding rationing and restrictions of a wartime economy had sapped the enthusiasm of the American people for an offensive war. In July of 1955, a proposal was made to negotiate an armistice.

In Mexico, public sentiment strongly favored the acceptance of peace with the United States. Although Mexico had been stirred into a patriotic fervor by the prospect of American aggression, a decade of war had likewise taken its toll on the Mexican people. With so little territory occupied after 11 years of battle, it was becoming evident to both the people and the government that Mexico would not successfully push far enough north to reclaim its former territory. Presidents Truman and Abascal met in Dallas on August 11, 1955, to agree to a cessation of hostilities between the United States and the Synarchist Pact.

Under the agreement, all occupied territory would be returned to the United States, and a demilitarized zone would be created along the border of the two nations for a period of 25 years. The Panama Canal would remain under Mexico's control, but the United States was granted free use of it and given permission to station a small naval force there to ensure its security.

Most significantly, as part of the agreement to maintain control over the canal, Mexico agreed to send all Axis forces currently stationed in its territory back to their home nations. The German base of operations at Villahermosa was vacated, and all Axis troops left Mexico to return to Europe by the end of 1955.

The Axis, meanwhile, recognized that the loss of Mexico and the support of South America meant that a proper invasion of the United States was even less likely. Begrudgingly, King Edward agreed to allow Canada to hold a referendum vote to determine if the nation would reclaim its sovereignty, submit to the British crown, or affiliate with the United States. The Canadian people chose to maintain their status as a British dominion, and American forces returned past the 49th parallel and allowed the Canadian government to resume its operations.

Thus, by the end of 1955, the war finally saw some vestige of peace after years of endless war. The Axis' appetite for power had not been sated, but for a time, the world would have an opportunity to recover and rebuild following the bloodiest conflict in human history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And thus, my friends, we come to the end of this adventure. We turned Mexico into quite a world power, but in the end, conquest over the USA just wasn't in the cards. Still, this was a blast to write, and I'm looking forward to adding more content to Estonia and getting greedy and scheming that second AAR!

Reactions:
*applause*

Great story, finally at its end. It was a blast to read. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
This outcome makes the most sense, I think. Very well done!

A shame we never got the Alamo event though.

I know, I would have loved to overrun the rest of Texas... Sadly, 'twas not to be.

What a great ending, maybe not the triumph we were hoping for but a more realistic conclusion. I will be sure to take a look at any future AAR you choose, Red Templar.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well that went out with a bang, two to be exact. It took a long time for the AI to finally use nukes. Out of all the places to bomb, I wonder why the US picked Newfoundland.

It was also good to see Japan finally defeated, even if victory over the US could not be achieved in the end. Mexico is at least stronger now, and I consider that a success.

I'm looking forward to the next leg of your Estonia AAR, as well as whatever side project you decide to go with. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
What a great ending, maybe not the triumph we were hoping for but a more realistic conclusion. I will be sure to take a look at any future AAR you choose, Red Templar.

Thank you!! I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Well that went out with a bang, two to be exact. It took a long time for the AI to finally use nukes. Out of all the places to bomb, I wonder why the US picked Newfoundland.

It was also good to see Japan finally defeated, even if victory over the US could not be achieved in the end. Mexico is at least stronger now, and I consider that a success.

I'm looking forward to the next leg of your Estonia AAR, as well as whatever side project you decide to go with. :)

Thanks!! I'm digging into Estonia's V2 pretty hard right now, as while the game itself might not have alot of the bells and whistles compared to the newer games, I'm having fun seeing how the world is developing. I have no idea if an HoI conversion is feasible, but I'm down to try it.

I will spend some time messing around with the other games, but at this point if I go for CK2, it's going to be African pagans. If I do another HoI campaign, I'm eyeing places like Spain, Portugal, and Romania. But I'll take some time and fiddle before I commit to anything.

Congratulations, Red Templar! I hadn’t realised the US war had been ongoing for eleven years. Certainly makes the case for peace even stronger. Shame about the way the world ended up, but at least now that there’s peace people can maybe start thinking about not dropping nuclear bombs like they’re going out of style. Japan’s fate doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence about the prospect of future antifascist revolutions, but I suppose I can dream. :p

Look forward to things heating up in Estonia!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations, Red Templar! I hadn’t realised the US war had been ongoing for eleven years. Certainly makes the case for peace even stronger. Shame about the way the world ended up, but at least now that there’s peace people can maybe start thinking about not dropping nuclear bombs like they’re going out of style. Japan’s fate doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence about the prospect of future antifascist revolutions, but I suppose I can dream. :p

Look forward to things heating up in Estonia!

They are! Actually just posted an update, and we are getting pretty close to some significant events and changes unfolding for us!

The sort of messy outcome that really satisfies noboy yet feels very authentic.

It has been a pleasure to follow

• 1Like
Reactions:
They are! Actually just posted an update, and we are getting pretty close to some significant events and changes unfolding for us!
You did? Why doesn't it show up in my subbed threads list?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great AAR. Consumed it all in one (long) sitting and the many twists and turns the world story took kept it interesting right up to the end. And it seems that the final result was exactly the same as my last 2 fascist campaigns where the US is somehow able to hold off the rest of the world by itself.

Well the entire world is under the Axis boot except the US, so eventually they are doomed, but beforehand then millions in both sides are going to die of horrible radiation posiening. The demilitarised zone will be maintained, if only ecause no one will be able to live there.

Quite depressing ending. Good job?

A shame the US wasn't more realistically run by the AI, I would think 1940s US would not have hesitated to retaliate in kind with nukes if Mexico had gotten nukes and nuked them.

Still, it was an interesting AAR and alternate timeline. I look forward to what you will follow this up with.

• 1Like
Reactions: