• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well with the entire world theirs aside from Japan and USA, the Axis did a pretty good job. As did Mexico really, being allowed to keep everything from the last decade of war is pretty good for themselves.

Reactions:
One last effort to achieve total victory! Win or lose, it's been a fun ride.

If this ends in stalemate, it won’t be for lack of trying. Onwards to the final mad cap gambit then!

Well those invasions fell apart fast. The US is just too tough to break that easily. Here's hoping one last gambit will prove enough.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well those invasions fell apart fast. The US is just too tough to break that easily. Here's hoping one last gambit will prove enough.

They are a very tough nut to crack. But even if it doesn’t work I’m happy ending this AAR as an overall moral victory. Besides I already have other ideas swimming in my head behind V2 already.

Things are getting outright brutal now. Should America emerge victorious, I'd be amazed to see the Axis collapse off-screen. Mexico would most likely be partitioned realistically, and her Pan-Hispanic Alliance would be destroyed.

So it looks like I will be wrapping up the AAR with my next post. At this point, all sides are at such a dramatic stalemate that there is really no way to see the war out to a proper conclusion, save for nuking a province at a time until the 1980's... So I will be writing out a conclusion to the war with a peace agreement and calling the project at that point. This has been an awesome run, and I've been happy to have everyone along!

Ending this will see me focus more on forging ahead in V2 with the continuation of my mega-campaign, but I have an itch that may mean I'll keep running two AAR's side by side for awhile and start a new one :D

• 4Like
Reactions:
So you've ended up with trench warfare on an even larger scale?

I am sure the environmentalists will breathe a sigh of relief that the "nuke a province at a time plan" has fell out of favour.

True, in gameplay terms I would utterly destroy the entire world by the time we won. If anyone remembers Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri from way back, I actually won a campaign in that game by building a city on the highest elevation point and then dropping nukes until the sea level rose and drowned everyone but me XD

That said, I'm still happy with the progress I made in this campaign in making Mexico a major worldwide power. I'm happy to write a solid conclusion and move on to a second side project... Most likely going to be either a Carlist Spain HOI4 campaign, an African Pagan CK2 megacampaign, or a Stellaris project next.

Reactions:
True, in gameplay terms I would utterly destroy the entire world by the time we won. If anyone remembers Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri from way back, I actually won a campaign in that game by building a city on the highest elevation point and then dropping nukes until the sea level rose and drowned everyone but me XD
Ah happy days :)

Actually the "win war by mass nuke" reminds for the a Kaiserreich British AAR a few years back.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Many huge civ games ended with the nuke option being not just pulled but the only thing going on, for centuries.

Most likely going to be either a Carlist Spain HOI4 campaign, an African Pagan CK2 megacampaign, or a Stellaris project next.
What about a Muslim Ck2 game? I remember you said earlier in the Estonia megacampaign that Islam never does well in your games, and that you'd like to do one... I'd be interested in seeing it. Though on the other hand, I'll probably like anything you end up writing!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Most likely going to be either a Carlist Spain HOI4 campaign, an African Pagan CK2 megacampaign, or a Stellaris project next.
Been thinking about this. Personally I would love to see what you could do with Stellaris.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm in for whatever game you end up with., but if you want my advice a Stellaris game would be nice to see. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
What about a Muslim Ck2 game? I remember you said earlier in the Estonia megacampaign that Islam never does well in your games, and that you'd like to do one... I'd be interested in seeing it. Though on the other hand, I'll probably like anything you end up writing!

Yes, Islam does have a habit of dying off in a big way in my games. The thought of a Muslim campaign is tempting, but I think if I'm going to do a Muslim or a European Catholic campaign, I'd like to save those for CK3 when that comes out. If I start another CK2 megacampaign, some region in Africa is what appeals to me the most right now. One day, though, I do want to try and vindicate Islam in the RedTemplar AAR world for sure.

Been thinking about this. Personally I would love to see what you could do with Stellaris.

Stellaris was off my radar for quite some time until I started reading up on all they've added since my very first one when the game first launched, and it looks like there's been so much depth added. There are a few homebrewed alien races I've batted around in my head to play with, though I may try and take my Estonia V2 AAR into HOI4 and then into Stellaris, so that actually might grow into a Stellaris campaign by itself!

Reactions: