• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
milt said:
Thanks for the great AAR.

Your game was fairly similar to mine, which I haven't finished. I got another modernizing event, and converted to catholicism around 1700. This was nice, as I could shift my sliders to fully tolerate all cultures in my empire, and merely not tolerate non-catholic Christians.

I pretty much on par with major powers in terms of technology, before I accepted. I think I will play without inflation in my next game to try to help the AI.

As for diplo-annexing, you can annex anyone in your religious group. Not just your religion. Most of the east is fair game.

The Ottoman Empire had been crushed by the time I got to Europe. I launched a crusade against Venice to regain Rome. France was the HR Emperor.

In every MM Gold game I have played, England and Denmark have stayed Catholic. France has normally gone Protestant, but not here.

Thanks again!

Thanks, milt! That's interesting about diplo-annexing, as I definitely had a few countries which I THOUGHT should be allowable, but on whom I could never get the button to un-grey. Wonder what the problem was...

There have been issues with the Reformation being influenced by the Ottomans. Basically, the better they do, the more people stay Catholic. So I wonder if they did well early in your game. I have also noticed lots of Catholic Englands. dharper is working on it, but I think MM Gold has thrown quite a few spanners his way. Plus, with him adding Orthodox events, I think his plate has been more than full. But rest, assured, if anyone can fix it, it's David. ;)