Path based placement for transit options and zone able paths

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cityplanner 53

First Lieutenant
12 Badges
Jun 23, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
It's been asked for before but I figured might as well ask again.

I would really like it if either the paths were updated to include zoning or a new set of paths were added with zoning (or alternatively small, pedestrian only roads if that's the only way it'd work) Obviously Parklife and Campus introduced buildings that can be placed on paths, but it isn't just paths and universities where buildings are affixed to paths, not roads, personally, big parts of my town's commercial center are stretches of pedestrian only roads, and I've seen at least a few instances of housing built off a path. It would be nice if we could do this in the game in vanilla (obviously there are Ped Only roads on the workshop)

Also I would like it if certain transport buildings could be adjusted so that they could be placed on paths not roads. Not all of them obviously (Buses and Taxis for example, as well as heavier transit options like harbors and airports) but monorails, metro stations, blimp or helicopter stops, and ferries (if they gave us a version without a road), I can see no reason they couldn't be used with paths (the monorails and metros definitely don't take cars, the blimps and helicopters can't and the default ferries are not car ferries, so all passengers should be on their feet), and i think it'd add a lot of interesting options to making the city. (for example putting an underground metro station in a path or university campus, or a ferry stop in a park, without needing to them run a road in there)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I would love to see this, because it would allow less car-centered cities. And it would also be possible to build public transport within parks or having car-free islands etc.

Game-wise the park mechanic could be used, which routes all services (garbage, police, etc.) to a main building. All other buildings could be placed in pedestrian areas.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How would the city services work tho? For instance with the commercial buildings, if there is no car road access, how would the goods truck or the garbage trucks get to the stores?

How would the city services work tho? For instance with the commercial buildings, if there is no car road access, how would the goods truck or the garbage trucks get to the stores?
EDIT: The best would imho be to use the park/campus mechanics, where all services and deliveries are only provided to a main building (for goods this could be a local logistics hub).
I was thinking, how this is solved in European city centres. Often they provide truck access from back streets or even from tunnels - but I am not sure if this could be well integrated into C:S.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: