• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is supposed to, but on most people's screens it ends up off the bottom of their monitors. I suppose I should have logged a bug on that, having dealt with the consequences lo these many years ...

Will this patch work with a non-Steam version of EU: Rome Gold? I tried to patch into my directory with it but when I went to play the game simply crashed. I had to reinstall and revert to 2.32 to play. Do I have to wait for the full patch for it to work for non-Steam versions?

It will work on any version, something must have gone wrong in your install process. If you installed it over your working 2.32c version (which you should never attempt, as you can now see!) you'll have to do a full clean reinstall of that, and then when working again, copy that installation to somewhere new like c:\games\rome-beta\ and only apply the beta to that copy.

I'm a little confused; in a patch without an autoinstaller, how am I supposed to install it other than to copy over the existing files? before you mentioned anything, I created a clean copy of the game at version 2.32c on another drive, reinstalled the patch by writing over the relevant files and this time it worked. I was simply going to repeat that process with the main install. Are you telling me that I should only ever apply a beta patch to a second copy of the game?

As I said, you copy the existing files elsewhere so you end up with two identical copies of the game. Then you extract the beta over that second copy, so if things go wrong you still have the working original.

Are you telling me that I should only ever apply a beta patch to a second copy of the game?
That's my advice, yes.

NOt sure if it matters but I made a thread about 128mb error msg. The msg not revelevant but the 2.36 made my game too unstable. Every few months at the beginning the game would crash, maybe 2-3 times a year. But as soon as the save files got over 15mb, it got way too bad. Every over month , sometimes every single month when the golden revenue numbers pop up the game would crash. No error no nothing simply crash.

I ran Vanilla with it, I ran Epigoni with it, in both cases the clue was the save files, prior to 15mb it crashed a few times a year, nothing big. But after it was too much.

Went back to Running 2.32c again, ever since I been playing 5 years, and it has only crashed 3 times. The saves are over 21mb and nothing major going on.
I have the same problem

The Steam version is still 2.32c. Will this ever become a non-beta patch?

You can turn of autmatic updates for this game in steam and paste the files from this patch to your steam games directory.

Usually its "C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis - Rome".

Start the game from Steam and enjoy.

I keep getting an error after I finish downloading this patch: "Unexpected end of archive". I have re-downloading the patch several times over with nothing else running in the background, so what should I do now?

It downloaded and extracted perfectly fine for me just now, so the issue is at your end. Maybe try a different machine, and/or internet connection, to download to?

What were you on before, 2.3.2c? With the right checksum there (IYID if Steam, SWBL if not)? If that's all good try deleting the new rome/map/cache/ folder, run the game up, exit it, and run it up again.

If it's still wrong the patch installation has gone badly somehow.