• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
I've had some time off from CKII to fix the worst Rome bugs, so here goes again!

Checksum: YRDK

CHANGE LOG:

2.36b:
- Fixed a crash with selecting states with no historical ruler in the lobby
- Fixed an exit crash

2.36:
- Fixed two crash bugs
- Fixed some issues with icons and buttons on portraits not being shown or hidden correctly
- Fixed some bugged trigger tooltips
- No more extra population transfer to colonies under construction when you load a save game

View attachment Rome_v2_36b.rar

Last edited:
You could try deleting the FILES ONLY in the Rome /map/cache/ folder, run the game up, exit it, and run it up again. If that doesn't help, the beta installation has probably gone badly.

I would then do a full clean reinstall: Move any valued save games elsewhere first.Uninstall the game, and then manually delete the game directory - this is important. Reinstall Rome:Gold - choose a new directory like c:\games\rome instead of the suggested path. Download the 2.32c patch, and run it to install it; make 100% sure you point it to that same new directory above so that for instance the new rome.exe overwites the old one, the new romegame.exe overwrites the old one, and so on. Once done right-click on the game's desktop icon and set it to run as administrator, and to disable desktop composition.

Now run the game up, exit, run it again and make sure the checksum is right. If it is, now copy the WHOLE Rome directory structure to somewhere new, like c:\games\rome-beta\ . Now try extracting the 2.36 beta over that copy - that way if things go wrong you won't have to do the whole install ever again.

I don't know does it happen anymore but sometimes the checksum changed if you entered to a singleplayer game at first and then checked it

I don't know does it happen anymore but sometimes the checksum changed if you entered to a singleplayer game at first and then checked it
This has always happened, and is deliberate.

Excellent! I noticed the crash with selecting random leader states and was about to report it. Keep up the good work and thank you for the quick fix.

Found a minor bug in 2.36b in static_modifiers but I'm totally sure if it has any effect on the game

ruler_party_civic = {
build_cost = -0.25
build_time = -0.25
global_tax_modifier= 0.25
}

it should be...
global_tax_modifier = 0.25

My 2.32c has the proper checksum of SWBL.

I copied that install so it has it's own folder and placed the 2.36b updated files into it.
The game has the checksum NBPO but it loads and seems to work.

Isn't the checksum supposed to be YRDK?

I tried to install the new patch, and I understand that I should check the checksum to verify whether the installation went well and I am using the new patched version, but how do I do that?

I tried to install the new patch, and I understand that I should check the checksum to verify whether the installation went well and I am using the new patched version, but how do I do that?

First startup and exit the game at least once after installing.

Goto "c:\wherever\you\installed\rome\logs\setup.log"

You will find it at the bottom of the file.

See the first post in this thread? No, that's not the right checksum, so your install of the beta did not go well. I hope you installed it over a copy of Rome Gold, not over your original installation of it ...

I hope you installed it over a copy of Rome Gold, not over your original installation of it ...

What is the difference between the 2? (I bought Rome Gold at Gamersgate. That's the only version I have)

Another thing I noticed, even before: When I start the launcher, it says, that the 2.3.2 patch is available, but when I follow the link and try to install it, it says, that it couldn't find vae victis... could this be part of the problem? Do I have to have the 2.3.2 patch installed before I can install 2.3.6?

What is the difference between the 2? (I bought Rome Gold at Gamersgate. That's the only version I have)
I'm not saying there are 2 different versions. I'm saying that if you copy your working Gold installation to a second place on your PC, you can apply the beta to that copy which will remove any risk of damaging your original working Gold installation.

Another thing I noticed, even before: When I start the launcher, it says, that the 2.3.2 patch is available, but when I follow the link and try to install it, it says, that it couldn't find vae victis... could this be part of the problem? Do I have to have the 2.3.2 patch installed before I can install 2.3.6?
The patch in the launcher is only useful for the Paradox boxed or GamersGate versions, if you have Gold from elsewhere then you need to get their version of 2.32 from them. And yes, 2.32 is required for the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.