• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Tomorrow is Stellaris 3.0 Patch Notes day!

Here is Programmer/Content Designer Pierre, next to the Stellaris 3.0 Patch Notes.

We estimate the patch notes are 1.5 Pierre². Pierre² is the official unit of measure we both want and deserve!

IMG_20210407_162014.jpg

• 15Like
  • 7Love
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Can I play as the banana yet?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Curses. The full-size image is not quite sharp enough to read the text.

• 8Haha
Reactions:
Tomorrow is Stellaris 3.0 Patch Notes day!

Here is Programmer/Content Designer Pierre, next to the Stellaris 3.0 Patch Notes.

We estimate the patch notes are 1.5 Pierre². Pierre² is the official unit of measure we both want and deserve!

View attachment 701746

Your use of the Pierre measurement reminds me of the "smoot".

Now we'll need to measure all patch notes' length in units of "square pierres".

Do the patch notes include the new properties of the many buildings that have been altered with the shift to 3.0?

Also, as three tangential questions on Nemesis, as they still haven't been answered by the streams or the advertisements for the streams:

1.) Does becoming Galactic Emperor through Proclaim Galactic Imperium shift us immediately to Fanatic Authoritarian, or does it shift us by one increment of Authoritarian (Fan. Egalitarian/Egal. or Neutral becomes Authoritarian, Authoritarian becomes Fan. Authoritarian).

2.). While I'm a Galactic Emperor, am I able to diplomatically vassalize other nations in the Imperium as normal if I meet all other requirements? (The answer would influence my play style as I pursue the Imperium and after I attain it).

3.) What is the fleet capacity limit on the Galactic Defense Force/Imperial Armada.

Actually, this should be less then a square Pierre, as I think more about it, as while one dimension is as long as Pierre, the other dimension is less. This is more like 1/2 square Pierre.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Actually, this should be less then a square Pierre, as I think more about it, as while one dimension is as long as Pierre, the other dimension is less. This is more like 1/2 square Pierre.
Now you're making the move into Pierre³, that's a big brain math.

This presumes that we actually know what they refer to by 1 Pierre, which I do not know if we know. I am not yet ready to jump to the conclusion that they made a mathematical mistake, like you suggest, and so here is some further math regarding their new 'Dick' measurement unit.

If we assume that 1 sheet = 25 cm * 20 cm, then
1 Pierre² = 14*500 cm² = 7000 cm²
1 Pierre = 84 cm

I think it is more like a lenght thing, not area. So 1 pierre squared equals 14 sheets, ergo, 3,74 sheets equals one pierre. A standard A4 sheet is 29,7 centimeters long ... hence ONE PIERRE = ONE METER ELEVEN CENTIMETERS.

Small for a game developer. But sure is waaaay above average for DICK (the dlc of course, not, well, what you thougt. Shame on you).

Reactions:
This will be excellent reading during office hours tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

1.5 Pierre² = 21 sheets of paper
1 Pierre² = 14 sheets of paper

Can anyone tell what specific size the papers have?
Then we can calculate the length of 1 Pierre.
Sweden most likely uses A4 for standard writing paper. An A4 sheet is 1/16 of a square metre, so 1 square Pierre is 0.875 square metres.

Reactions:
  • 7Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions: