• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
###################
# Game Balance
###################
# Economy
- Petit-Bourgeoisie now also care about government wages
- Slashing government wages will now reduce prestige
- Slashing military wages will now reduce training rate
- Debt slavery can now enslave pops up to wealth level 9, in reduced numbers for each point
of wealth
- Reduce the max number of pops enslaved each week by debt slavery from 5% to 0.5% of
state population
- Debt slavery will no longer enslave additional pops when slaves is 20% or more of the state
population
- Tweak subsistence production in decentralized nations so African pops don't start at
starvation levels
# Politics
- Increased the chance of progressive political movements appearing over the course of the
game
- Movements to Preserve now have a larger effect on the chance for a law to stall, making it
harder to pass laws opposed by powerful groups
- Political Movements for or against changes in Slavery and Government principles laws will
now be more radical
- Reduced base effect of Propagandists Intelligentsia trait from 50% to 25%
- Reduced effect of guaranteed liberties on loyalists and radicals growth
# Colonization
- Native Uprisings now get a significant bonus to their combat capabilities, mainly on the
defensive
- Reduced the chance of Native Uprisings occuring when provinces are colonized
###################
# AI
###################
# Diplomacy
- AI is now a bit less likely to back down in diplomatic plays
- AI is now a bit more likely to get involved in diplomatic plays
- Make the AI more keen on swaying countries to its side if outmatched in a diplomatic play
# War
- AI is now a lot more focused on taking land-adjacent states and conquering contiguous land
areas in general
- Increase AI aggression against Unrecognized countries after unlocking Civilizing Mission
# Colonization
- Increased AI tendency to get involved in Native Uprisings slightly
###################
# Interface
###################
# Tooltips
- Improve revenue predictions when constructing buildings to show more accurate and useful
data
###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed a bug where capitulating in one war could cause your generals in another war to
standby
- Added additional check to prevent monuments from being targeted in tutorial
- Added a check to the Declare Interest Tutorial that was miscounting the maximum amount of
Declared Interests possible.
- Fix issue where Investment Pool could be used for disallowed building types
- Fix issue where predicted price for goods after goods substitution would sometimes show the
wrong value
- Political movements can now start organizing a revolution at 50 radicalism rather than 100
(100 is needed for the revolution to actually begin though)
- Fixed typos in several defines
- Fix pop attraction reasons tooltip CTD in Asian languages
- Fixed a CTD caused by trying to create a shipping lane between two market areas with at
least one of them being only nominally coastal due to the entire coast being impassable
- Fixed a CTD that could be triggered when clicking on the "mobilize all" button"
- Fixed late game CTD when transferring troops
- Fix CTD when hovering sell orders after having country join your market (__chkstk
(chkstk.asm: 109))
- Fix CTD in NPdxParticle2Internal::SParticlePool::GetActive
- Fix CTD in CJominiSplineNetworkGraphics::GetStripLengthInternal
Hello, I noticed a rather gamebreaking bug that occurs when one is at war with a country and said country enters a civil war mid-war. If the rebelling faction wins, you're locked into a permanent war as the game doesn't properly switch the tag you're at war with over to the new country.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Happy to see some politics changes in here, I guess the current level of pushover IGs wasn't intended. I'd still like to see multiculturalism given the feminism treatment though.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
ETA on fragmented pops fix?
It's in testing right now to ensure it doesn't break anything major. Can't give an ETA right now as it depends on the results of the testing.

• 61Like
  • 7Love
Reactions:
Kinda small, doesn't touch most of the major bugs, won't bring me come back as of now. I'll wait for the first major patch before touching the game again, I think.

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Kinda small, doesn't touch most of the major bugs, won't bring me come back as of now. I'll wait for the first major patch before touching the game again, I think.

Yeah, whilst the patch is welcome I won't try another run until trade is fixed and the AI produces buildings / invests in its economy.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think this is "hot off the presses" kinda thing that fixes the most damaging of the bugs like typos and CTDs, which are technical and easy to squash, but the more involved ones that require balancing and testing are waiting for their time.

• 4Like
Reactions:
###################
# Game Balance
###################
# Economy
- Petit-Bourgeoisie now also care about government wages
- Slashing government wages will now reduce prestige
- Slashing military wages will now reduce training rate
- Debt slavery can now enslave pops up to wealth level 9, in reduced numbers for each point
of wealth
- Reduce the max number of pops enslaved each week by debt slavery from 5% to 0.5% of
state population
- Debt slavery will no longer enslave additional pops when slaves is 20% or more of the state
population
- Tweak subsistence production in decentralized nations so African pops don't start at
starvation levels
# Politics
- Increased the chance of progressive political movements appearing over the course of the
game
- Movements to Preserve now have a larger effect on the chance for a law to stall, making it
harder to pass laws opposed by powerful groups
- Political Movements for or against changes in Slavery and Government principles laws will
now be more radical
- Reduced base effect of Propagandists Intelligentsia trait from 50% to 25%
- Reduced effect of guaranteed liberties on loyalists and radicals growth
# Colonization
- Native Uprisings now get a significant bonus to their combat capabilities, mainly on the
defensive
- Reduced the chance of Native Uprisings occuring when provinces are colonized
###################
# AI
###################
# Diplomacy
- AI is now a bit more likely to get involved in diplomatic plays
- Make the AI more keen on swaying countries to its side if outmatched in a diplomatic play
# War
- AI is now a lot more focused on taking land-adjacent states and conquering contiguous land
areas in general
- Increase AI aggression against Unrecognized countries after unlocking Civilizing Mission
# Colonization
- Increased AI tendency to get involved in Native Uprisings slightly
###################
# Interface
###################
# Tooltips
- Improve revenue predictions when constructing buildings to show more accurate and useful
data
###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed a bug where capitulating in one war could cause your generals in another war to
standby
- Added additional check to prevent monuments from being targeted in tutorial
- Added a check to the Declare Interest Tutorial that was miscounting the maximum amount of
Declared Interests possible.
- Fix issue where Investment Pool could be used for disallowed building types
- Fix issue where predicted price for goods after goods substitution would sometimes show the
wrong value
- Political movements can now start organizing a revolution at 50 radicalism rather than 100
(100 is needed for the revolution to actually begin though)
- Fixed typos in several defines
- Fix pop attraction reasons tooltip CTD in Asian languages
- Fixed a CTD caused by trying to create a shipping lane between two market areas with at
least one of them being only nominally coastal due to the entire coast being impassable
- Fixed a CTD that could be triggered when clicking on the "mobilize all" button"
- Fixed late game CTD when transferring troops
- Fix CTD when hovering sell orders after having country join your market (__chkstk
(chkstk.asm: 109))
- Fix CTD in NPdxParticle2Internal::SParticlePool::GetActive
- Fix CTD in CJominiSplineNetworkGraphics::GetStripLengthInternal
That's cool although I hoped you will do SOMETHING about absolutely ridiculous world development: France always becoming GDP and population monster, russia always failing to develop even a little bit which makes France get twice the russian population in all games I played.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Nostartoffthegame.PNG

What is with this ??? Nothing has changed after Patch

• 1Like
Reactions:
I had the feeling the AI basically never backs down unless severly outmatched (10:1 or more)
So I am somewhat supprised by that change.

A Statement on the Plans for the Trade loophole would be appreciated! (Some other stuff too, but this mostly)
It's interesting how experiences can vary. In my last game as Korea, I was able to take provinces from Japan three times without resistance.

Reactions:
There are no changes to infrastructure in that list?

In my saved game suddenly a large number of my provinces (particularly the ones with trade buildings) had their market access smashed due to really large gaps between infrastructure used and infrastructure needed. The result on my people's prosperity increased the number of unhappy pops in Russia by a huge amount and made the game uncontinuable.

I'm going to have to roll back the patch :(

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Please remove the "war support cant drop below 0 if the nation has added war goals" mechanic or at least make it moddable :

1667383146737.png

Both Russia and the USA have been stuck in this war for over 10 years. The UI shows they are willing to white peace but they never actually offered it to each other (i support this is related to the other bug where acceptance chance doesnt update unless you hit the white peace button to re-calculate it). Neither sides are capable of taking each other's capital to allow war support to go below 0.

Also please fix nations with a truce joining a diplomatic play against you (which allows them to ignore the truce and go to war with you), naval units not recovering morale and the massive CPU spike when zooming into state view.

• 23Like
Reactions:

In my saved game suddenly a large number of my provinces (particularly the ones with trade buildings) had their market access smashed due to really large gaps between infrastructure used and infrastructure needed. The result on my people's prosperity doubled the number of unhappy pops in Russia in a couple of months.

Did your railroads were employed.

• 10Like
Reactions:
# Diplomacy
Will the value of the gold reserves be capped for this?

Tiny states often never spend anything and then have huge gold reserves so that they never give up. Even if you don't have an army.

• 3Like
Reactions:

In my saved game suddenly a large number of my provinces (particularly the ones with trade buildings) had their market access smashed due to really large gaps between infrastructure used and infrastructure needed. The result on my people's prosperity doubled the number of unhappy pops in Russia in a couple of months.

The pops probably got fired, you need to subsidize railways.

• 5Like
Reactions: