• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Updates can and will potentially disrupt existing cities"

This is the most insane thing i have read in history of videogames, have you have ever played a pc game?

If patches break save games, it means IT'S AN ALPHA STATE GAME, not even beta.

This is a full release game, the sentence "Updates can and will potentially disrupt existing cities" it's NOT ACCEPTABLE

It makes USELESS to play the game and to build a city, do you understand this?

Have you ever played a Paradox game ? Almost every patch/update/dlc they release break or has wonky effects on save games in every single one of their games, and it doesn't mean they're in Alpha state or Beta. Granted, some of them are, like Vic3 and now of course CS2, so if you didn't know, well welcome to Paradox my friend... At this point I'm so used to it that I unchecked the automatic updates in all of their games to avoid disappointment.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Have you ever played a Paradox game ? Almost every patch/update/dlc they release break or has wonky effects on save games in every single one of their games, and it doesn't mean they're in Alpha state or Beta. Granted, some of them are, like Vic3 and now of course CS2, so if you didn't know, well welcome to Paradox my friend... At this point I'm so used to it that I unchecked the automatic updates in all of their games to avoid disappointment.
..................... no, i didn't know this........... it's insane.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Best example I think is Stellaris. Every DLC is not Savegame compatible. They alsways wright, to use new function start a new game. And tbh.... I dont' care. I like starting from the beginning. Even with the cities. I'm not a fan of changing everything. Sometimes its amazing to start from scratches again.

And I always expect that game releases are buggy as hell, super unbalanced and not well performed. I never had a game which was amazing from the beginnig. They all needed 3 to 6 month to work smoothly and good.

As long as they work on the problems I'm happy with the game. CSII has an amazing fundament they can work on. In 6 month it's on CS1-Level and in 1 Year no one talks about CS1 anymore bc CS2 will be fantastic.

1. Because CO will do everything, to make it better. And they do it with Passion.
2. the Community, who loves the game, will make it better with fantastic MODS.

So, Lay back, be patient and enjoy to be part of the CS2 Story from the beginnig. You'll tell your grandkids abour this game in the future. ... lol

• 4Like
Reactions:
..................... no, i didn't know this........... it's insane.

Best example I think is Stellaris. Every DLC is not Savegame compatible. They alsways wright, to use new function start a new game. And tbh.... I dont' care. I like starting from the beginning. Even with the cities. I'm not a fan of changing everything. Sometimes its amazing to start from scratches again.

And I always expect that game releases are buggy as hell, super unbalanced and not well performed. I never had a game which was amazing from the beginnig. They all needed 3 to 6 month to work smoothly and good.

As long as they work on the problems I'm happy with the game. CSII has an amazing fundament they can work on. In 6 month it's on CS1-Level and in 1 Year no one talks about CS1 anymore bc CS2 will be fantastic.

1. Because CO will do everything, to make it better. And they do it with Passion.
2. the Community, who loves the game, will make it better with fantastic MODS.

So, Lay back, be patient and enjoy to be part of the CS2 Story from the beginnig. You'll tell your grandkids abour this game in the future. ... lol
Ohh I think you misunderstood me, I was not criticizing per se, just stating the facts to someone who I thought (and I was right) had never played Paradox game before. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy and play them, I have more than 2.000 hours on Cities Skylines i.e and I like CS2, it's future looks bright, but that doesn't stop me from being objective about it. Btw, videogame industry has changed a lot and if you have never played a videogame that was amazing from release (that's what I think you meant) you've clearly never played old/retro games, ohhh there was a time when releasing a patch/fix/dlc didn't exist my friend, those devs are my real heroes lol.

Ohh I think you misunderstood me, I was not criticizing per se, just stating the facts to someone who I thought (and I was right) had never played Paradox game before. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy and play them, I have more than 2.000 hours on Cities Skylines i.e and I like CS2, it's future looks bright, but that doesn't stop me from being objective about it. Btw, videogame industry has changed a lot and if you have never played a videogame that was amazing from release (that's what I think you meant) you've clearly never played old/retro games, ohhh there was a time when releasing a patch/fix/dlc didn't exist my friend, those devs are my real heroes lol.
I know. I just proofed your point and you're right. The old retro games worked well. But to compare them is different. I remember where I installed games with an CD and the only patch was maybe a patch-file you downloaded at the website. And usual they didn't had a lot of fixes. But those games where way not as complex as games today.

Thanks a lot. Performance became unplayable (for me). It was around 30-50fps before the patch, now around 15-30fps, below 10fps when I zoom into busier parts.

Freaking amazing.

Thank you so much! Cannot wait to try this patch

PS that does it mean "touching roads near the roundabout with road tool" in the "Fixed cars signaling wrong side when leaving roundabout with left-hand traffic (Takes effect on existing saves only after touching roads near the roundabout with road tool)"?

My trash is getting picked up (going from red to green) but the trash icon still appears... Also demolished all trash facilities multiple times.
We're aware of some cases where the notification gets "stuck" despite garbage being picked up. For now, we recommend checking the garbage info view to determine if you're city is having issues with garbage not being picked up or if you just have some incorrect notifications.

I feel like deleting the actual buildings with built up trash (as opposed to the garbage collecting facilities) had more effect, but still getting fair build ups. Can we get confirmation on which to bulldoze?
The buildings with the stuck notifications would be the ones to bulldoze. If you're seeing stuck notifications on new buildings as well, then we recommend checking the garbage info view to determine which buildings are actually having trouble, while we're working on a fix for the notifications.

Unfortunately i have the flickering shadow issue since the latest patch. (RTX 4090, Steam Version) Before it was only visible if the sun goes down or rise.

Now it is extremely visible if the day/night cycle is turned on. Less but still visible with day/night cycle off. Shadows set to high. Anyone else experiencing this behaviour?

Reactions:
The buildings with the stuck notifications would be the ones to bulldoze. If you're seeing stuck notifications on new buildings as well, then we recommend checking the garbage info view to determine which buildings are actually having trouble, while we're working on a fix for the notifications.
Oof, so does it actually still affect the building or is it just a stuck notification. Almost all my education buildings, airport, harbor, etc all have it as well, so that'll be kinda expensive and disruptive.

Have you fixed 'Very Large Carpark'? I have left hand traffic yet the car park is for right hand traffic!
20231114123044_1.jpg