• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

badgr

Paradox Arc
6 Badges
Jun 12, 2018
twitter.com
Da_vinci_Update_Social.png

New Feature - Creative Mode
Creative Mode features a set of new game rules that allow you to enjoy a simpler playthrough with endless resources and everything unlocked. Added a Creative Mode option in the main menu which has these game rules on by default.
  • Easy Maintenance - Buildings don't malfunction due to lack of maintenance
  • Easy Research - Start with additional 3000 Research per Sol and all base techs revealed
  • Fast Rockets - Rockets travel ten times faster
  • Fast Scanning - Sector scanning is ten times faster
  • Free Construction - Buildings don't require resources to be constructed (they still have construction time)
  • Iron Colonists - Colonists can't lose Health or Sanity below 50 and they cannot become Earthsick
  • More Applicants - 500 additional applicants
  • Overfunded - Start with $100,000 M Funding
Some of the new rules disable all Achievements.

New Feature – Desired Amount in depots & storage
You can now set a desired amount in storages and depots. Drones will try to keep at least the desired amount of resources in depots and storages taking resources from other storages if need be.
  • New UI – reworked the UI of depots and storages to allow the enabling/disabling of resources in depots more easily. The player can also enable/disable resources in all depots of the same type via Ctrl + Click
Changes to Power Networks
  • Adjacent power producers & consumers will now connect to each other without the need for a cable.
New Feature – Follow Camera for vehicles and colonists
Follow camera is activated from the selected unit infopanel. Follow camera removes all UI until deactivated.

Balance Changes
  • Reworked default initial rocket cargo for all sponsors to include a Stirling Generator prefab and more drones to allow for faster starts
  • Reduced the construction cost of many buildings to reduce the amount of resources being carried by drones and improve game pacing
  • Increased speed of drones by 20%, techs that increase speed of drones have their effects slightly reduced
  • Drone battery capacity increased to reduce how often drones need to recharge. Initial battery of drones randomized to avoid having all drones run out of battery at the same time
  • Reduced fuel needed to refuel a rocket to 50 (30 with tech). Paradox sponsor is down to 80(60 with tech)
  • Shuttles require less fuel to operate
  • Reworked applicant generation so the starting pool of applicants is of greater importance. Sponsors with larger starting pools will continue to have more applicants down the line.
  • Increased the effects of the Celebrity and Genius trait but they now have requirements – Genius colonists will grant research points if their Sanity is high (in the green); Celebrity will grant funding if their comfort is high (in the green).
  • Electronics Factory now requires maintenance of 2 Machine Parts instead of 3 Electronics
  • Increased power consumption of Polymer Plant & Electronics Factory to 10
  • Reduced maintenance of Smart homes
  • Outsourcing is now limited to five orders at one time
  • Tourist trait has been reworked - it now grants 10M funding when the colonist arrives. The tourist stays for 5 Sols and then leaves (on the next rocket to Earth). When the tourist leaves Mars they generate 2 new tourist applicants.
  • Working medical buildings provide birth rate boost bonus for the next 24 hours.
  • Added new commander profile: City Mayor – 2,000 M additional starting Funding; buildings require upkeep less often; bonus tech: Mars Nouveau (building costs in Metals & Concrete are reduced by 20%).
  • Added new game rule – Increased Production – base production of all resources is doubled
  • Endless Supply game rule now lowers difficulty by 200 (instead of 25)
  • Chaos Theory game rule now lowers difficulty by 50 instead of increasing it
Changes to Disasters
  • Cable faults and Pipe leaks now happen only during dust storms or as a result of dust devils and meteor strikes. Their effect has been increased but the repair time is much quicker.
  • A popup message describes the effects of disasters the first time they trigger in each playthrough
  • Solar Panels are now disabled during Dust Storms and automatically close down
  • Buildings left without power during a Cold Wave now freeze 3 times slower (after 24 hours, was 8 hours)
  • Health and Sanity damage, suffocation, dehydration, and freezing effects from disasters are now randomized– colonists will now die or have a sanity breakdown gradually during an emergency rather than all at the same time when time runs out.
  • Lightning Strikes during Electrostatic Dust Storms have been fixed and will now disable buildings for 24 hours rather than 4 hours. They will also drain power accumulators they hit.
General Fixes
  • Added new construction colorization of building placement cursor - orange - to indicate possible placement of a building outside drone controller range
  • Autosave Count and Interval settings added in Options > Gameplay
  • Buildings inside a Dome are turned off when the Dome is turned off
  • Colonists can now eat from stockpiles in connected domes when starving
  • Night shift Sanity loss introduced for training buildings
  • Fix for passages not returning resources when salvaged
  • Terrain is properly restored after demolishing a Geoscape Dome
  • The Stirling Generator will no longer take more dust than intended
  • Funding is now properly modified by global modifiers
  • Large Water Tank now freezes and defrosts for the same time as the basic water tank
  • Constructions in Domes are no longer affected by cold areas
  • Fixed the Renegades counter in Infobar
  • Supply grid now properly reconnects through a Passage
  • Fixed unintended disabling of some buildings by Ion storms
UI
  • GDPR notice removed. Rejoice!
  • Fixed various scrolling problems. UIs are now scrollable instead of using pages
  • Added new keybindings for tilting the camera up and down - F, G
  • Clicking on icons in the Info Bar now cycles through stored resources, free jobs, free residences, unemployed and homeless Colonists
  • Wind Turbine production boost during Dust Storms is now indicated in the info panel
  • Command Center graphs timely update
  • Renegade morale no longer visible in Command Center
  • Trait selection in Schools fixed
  • Yellow decals no longer remain stuck on the martian surface
  • Added "Low Storage" notifications and removed duplicate other notifications
  • "Domes without Life Support" notification replaces separate notifications about dome problems
  • Added list of problematic buildings as rollover of the "Buildings not working" notification
  • Added guidelines to hex grid
  • All ground vehicles are collectively called "Rovers". The old "RC Rover" is now named "RC Commander"
  • Changed displaying of Collaboration loss in Research buildings
  • Power percentage is no more visible for pinned Rovers after Rover Command AI gets researched
  • Fixed Ctrl+click not setting desired specialization in all Martian Universities
  • Added resource conversion ratio in the infopanels of Factories
  • Added Queue first option in the Sector scanning queue
  • Added Disabled residential slots stat in the Info Bar
  • The Info Bar now lists the different sources of Funding for the last Sol and how much Funding was gained from them
  • Added space communism
Mods
  • Added Radio Station ModItem and related documentation
Addendums:
A feature in the UI list was not included in the final build, so this has been crossed out above. Apologies for the confusion!

Last edited:
Reactions:
  • Large Water Tank now freezes and defrosts for the same time as the basic water tank
Wouldn't a larger water tank take longer to both freeze/defrost?
? Edit2: Some insight for the badly worded - Command Center graphs timely update - The graphs weren't updating real-time on the opened screen.
  • Added space communism
:)

Edit:
  • Working medical buildings provide birth rate boost bonus for the next 24 hours.
24 hours after what event?
  • Reduced the construction cost of many buildings to reduce the amount of resources being carried by drones and improve game pacing
Maybe just reduce them for 10-25 Sols? Seems like that'll make the easy end game easier?

Last edited:

I can shed some light on this one - if you have e.g. a medical building working on a single shift, it will continue to provide its effect for 24 hours after the shift ends (thus it will provide it constantly if operational). Previously the effect was granted only while the shift is active.

This is about a series of bugs about graphs in Command Center containing outdated information in particular cases.

Last edited:
Another great free update with new features and patches. Good work. Thanks!

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

I think it means that Universities and Schools now make people crazy if they study there during the night shift just like regular jobs do. I actually thought this was already the case, but apparently not.

24 hours after what event?

My interpretation is that, if a medical building is staffed, the reduced comfort threshold sticks for the next Sol even if not all subsequent shifts are filled. Before the change if you had a dome with a medical building that only had 1 or 2 shifts filled the birth threshold would be 55 when it was staffed and 70 for when it wasn't.

Last edited:
This game no longer has any interest.
Indeed, many players wanted this game easier because it had a little complexity they did not understand. They did not understand because they played in easy / normal mode and the game was much too permissive. Why optimize the management of colonists / resources when it is enough to send a rocket to plunder the Earth of its resources, the money never being a problem nor the candidates to the suicide. Demented settlers, dead or Earthsick, no problem, there will be many new candidates for suicide.
If at least you had done an advanced tutorial or even advanced videos, but no, you preferred to make this game even easier.
You should have called this game Tycoon Mars for the Noobs.
And worst of all, you've destroyed the work of the modders which corrected most of the problems and failure of this game.
Shame on you!

Tourist trait has been reworked - it now grants 10M funding when the colonist arrives. The tourist stays for 5 Sols and then leaves (on the next rocket to Earth). When the tourist leaves Mars they generate 2 new tourist applicants.

Oooo, I like this, I hope it lets us build a little tourist dome with super high comfort. I’ll try this today. Maybe there should be a commander profile that is tourism oriented.

Added space communism

Where!?!? :)

Okay, but what is space communism?

I need more official goals in the game. I've earned all the trophies and worked through all the Mysteries (sometimes with variations) and I always play the game until I fail or I've hit all Milestones. I've played against my own score many times and I've essentially peaked. I need more finish lines to race to, please.

Okay, but what is space communism?

I need more official goals in the game. I've earned all the trophies and worked through all the Mysteries (sometimes with variations) and I always play the game until I fail or I've hit all Milestones. I've played against my own score many times and I've essentially peaked. I need more finish lines to race to, please.
Probably lower productivity in your colonies and people experiencing hunger but can't complain about their situation?

This game no longer has any interest.
And worst of all, you've destroyed the work of the modders which corrected most of the problems and failure of this game.
Shame on you!
It's up to you how to play the game. In my opinion more options make it better and enjoyable for all from noop to master.

As (newbie) modder I never blame the devs for fixing and improving there game. Sure it is frustrating when you spend 100h on a mod that is later a standard feature, but I make stuff to improve the game and when the devs have the same idea it's great.

But tourists... "Ein jeder Wunsch, wenn er erfüllt, kriegt augenblicklich Junge." ("Each desire once fulfilled immediately begets another.")
Some tweaks would be nice, maybe a bonus or refund depending on comfort and applicants depend on health/sanity.

I do find the communist love in this game unsettling ( yes yes, its the red planet).

But I really do like that mayor commander profile.