New Feature - Creative Mode
Creative Mode features a set of new game rules that allow you to enjoy a simpler playthrough with endless resources and everything unlocked. Added a Creative Mode option in the main menu which has these game rules on by default.
- Easy Maintenance - Buildings don't malfunction due to lack of maintenance
- Easy Research - Start with additional 3000 Research per Sol and all base techs revealed
- Fast Rockets - Rockets travel ten times faster
- Fast Scanning - Sector scanning is ten times faster
- Free Construction - Buildings don't require resources to be constructed (they still have construction time)
- Iron Colonists - Colonists can't lose Health or Sanity below 50 and they cannot become Earthsick
- More Applicants - 500 additional applicants
- Overfunded - Start with $100,000 M Funding
New Feature – Desired Amount in depots & storage
You can now set a desired amount in storages and depots. Drones will try to keep at least the desired amount of resources in depots and storages taking resources from other storages if need be.
- New UI – reworked the UI of depots and storages to allow the enabling/disabling of resources in depots more easily. The player can also enable/disable resources in all depots of the same type via Ctrl + Click
- Adjacent power producers & consumers will now connect to each other without the need for a cable.
Follow camera is activated from the selected unit infopanel. Follow camera removes all UI until deactivated.
- Reworked default initial rocket cargo for all sponsors to include a Stirling Generator prefab and more drones to allow for faster starts
- Reduced the construction cost of many buildings to reduce the amount of resources being carried by drones and improve game pacing
- Increased speed of drones by 20%, techs that increase speed of drones have their effects slightly reduced
- Drone battery capacity increased to reduce how often drones need to recharge. Initial battery of drones randomized to avoid having all drones run out of battery at the same time
- Reduced fuel needed to refuel a rocket to 50 (30 with tech). Paradox sponsor is down to 80(60 with tech)
- Shuttles require less fuel to operate
- Reworked applicant generation so the starting pool of applicants is of greater importance. Sponsors with larger starting pools will continue to have more applicants down the line.
- Increased the effects of the Celebrity and Genius trait but they now have requirements – Genius colonists will grant research points if their Sanity is high (in the green); Celebrity will grant funding if their comfort is high (in the green).
- Electronics Factory now requires maintenance of 2 Machine Parts instead of 3 Electronics
- Increased power consumption of Polymer Plant & Electronics Factory to 10
- Reduced maintenance of Smart homes
- Outsourcing is now limited to five orders at one time
- Tourist trait has been reworked - it now grants 10M funding when the colonist arrives. The tourist stays for 5 Sols and then leaves (on the next rocket to Earth). When the tourist leaves Mars they generate 2 new tourist applicants.
- Working medical buildings provide birth rate boost bonus for the next 24 hours.
- Added new commander profile: City Mayor – 2,000 M additional starting Funding; buildings require upkeep less often; bonus tech: Mars Nouveau (building costs in Metals & Concrete are reduced by 20%).
- Added new game rule – Increased Production – base production of all resources is doubled
- Endless Supply game rule now lowers difficulty by 200 (instead of 25)
- Chaos Theory game rule now lowers difficulty by 50 instead of increasing it
- Cable faults and Pipe leaks now happen only during dust storms or as a result of dust devils and meteor strikes. Their effect has been increased but the repair time is much quicker.
- A popup message describes the effects of disasters the first time they trigger in each playthrough
- Solar Panels are now disabled during Dust Storms and automatically close down
- Buildings left without power during a Cold Wave now freeze 3 times slower (after 24 hours, was 8 hours)
- Health and Sanity damage, suffocation, dehydration, and freezing effects from disasters are now randomized– colonists will now die or have a sanity breakdown gradually during an emergency rather than all at the same time when time runs out.
- Lightning Strikes during Electrostatic Dust Storms have been fixed and will now disable buildings for 24 hours rather than 4 hours. They will also drain power accumulators they hit.
- Added new construction colorization of building placement cursor - orange - to indicate possible placement of a building outside drone controller range
- Autosave Count and Interval settings added in Options > Gameplay
- Buildings inside a Dome are turned off when the Dome is turned off
- Colonists can now eat from stockpiles in connected domes when starving
- Night shift Sanity loss introduced for training buildings
- Fix for passages not returning resources when salvaged
- Terrain is properly restored after demolishing a Geoscape Dome
- The Stirling Generator will no longer take more dust than intended
- Funding is now properly modified by global modifiers
- Large Water Tank now freezes and defrosts for the same time as the basic water tank
- Constructions in Domes are no longer affected by cold areas
- Fixed the Renegades counter in Infobar
- Supply grid now properly reconnects through a Passage
- Fixed unintended disabling of some buildings by Ion storms
- GDPR notice removed. Rejoice!
- Fixed various scrolling problems. UIs are now scrollable instead of using pages
- Added new keybindings for tilting the camera up and down - F, G
- Clicking on icons in the Info Bar now cycles through stored resources, free jobs, free residences, unemployed and homeless Colonists
- Wind Turbine production boost during Dust Storms is now indicated in the info panel
- Command Center graphs timely update
- Renegade morale no longer visible in Command Center
- Trait selection in Schools fixed
- Yellow decals no longer remain stuck on the martian surface
- Added "Low Storage" notifications and removed duplicate other notifications
- "Domes without Life Support" notification replaces separate notifications about dome problems
- Added list of problematic buildings as rollover of the "Buildings not working" notification
Added guidelines to hex grid
- All ground vehicles are collectively called "Rovers". The old "RC Rover" is now named "RC Commander"
- Changed displaying of Collaboration loss in Research buildings
- Power percentage is no more visible for pinned Rovers after Rover Command AI gets researched
- Fixed Ctrl+click not setting desired specialization in all Martian Universities
- Added resource conversion ratio in the infopanels of Factories
- Added Queue first option in the Sector scanning queue
- Added Disabled residential slots stat in the Info Bar
- The Info Bar now lists the different sources of Funding for the last Sol and how much Funding was gained from them
- Added space communism
- Added Radio Station ModItem and related documentation
A feature in the UI list was not included in the final build, so this has been crossed out above. Apologies for the confusion!