• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

merulaalba

First Lieutenant
59 Badges
Feb 26, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
At the recent live stream event, 2 hrs ago, it was announced what we all were waiting for.

The first patch (1.1) is coming somewhere next week!

Let's hope that most pressing issues will be fixed - they are promising to reveal "full & very long changelog" in the next few days

Finally, our characters will have own kids (I hope)

Last edited:
  • 63Like
  • 9Haha
  • 3Love
Reactions:
One of the most annoying things right now is how using elective title succession messes up dynasty and house head inheritance. I hope that is fixed asap because as it stands I am completely avoiding using any elective title succession laws.

EDIT: In fact, even without elective title succession, in all my games so far even with just realm succession, the dynasty head is always someone else after succession and then I get the dynasty head position back after some in-game time. So that is clearly completely broken.

• 5Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
One of the most annoying things right now is how using elective title succession messes up dynasty and house head inheritance. I hope that is fixed asap because as it stands I am completely avoiding using any elective title succession laws.

EDIT: In fact, even without elective title succession, in all my games so far even with just realm succession, the dynasty head is always someone else after succession and then I get the dynasty head position back after some in-game time. So that is clearly completely broken.
Its so easy though to choice your heir, the disinherit ability is overpowered. you'll gain enough House points that it doe not cause a issue.

Reactions:
I'm doing that because I don't want to play a distant cousin :)
In my first CK3 game, I used Tanistry elective on my primary kingdom (Ireland). In all the successions I was able to get one of my sons (the one I liked the most) get elected. So elective is challenging but quite manageable to mold into how you want it to go.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Its so easy though to choice your heir, the disinherit ability is overpowered. you'll gain enough House points that it doe not cause a issue.

Sure. I fact, the only difficulty so far is to navigate between obvious bugs and oddly conceived notions (I loved the: your heir is from a culture that does now know you inheritance concepts and laws; but still, he can inherit according to a law he has no clue about).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sure. I fact, the only difficulty so far is to navigate between obvious bugs and oddly conceived notions (I loved the: your heir is from a culture that does now know you inheritance concepts and laws; but still, he can inherit according to a law he has no clue about).

Just wait until your entire kingdom forgets everything it once knew because it adopts a new culture.

• 16Like
  • 7Haha
Reactions:
Hoping for a matrilineal marriage bugfix. I really want to play a female preference religion game, but I'm very hesitant to do so right now.

• 16Like
Reactions:
Is that really odd? You may have grown up in West Francia and not know how the Witan works, but when the messenger comes from Wessex and tells you you've been chosen as king you can head right on over there and take what's yours.

• 13Haha
Reactions:
Just wait until your entire kingdom forgets everything it once knew because it adopts a new culture.

Ah yeah. That makes sense. I mean, in the context of CK3 so far.
Because otherwise, no, a country suddenly forget they knew heraldry does not make sense.

I appreciate the fact they gave to culture some content. That's smart. It's like the religion tenets. It is interesting. Unfortunately, once again: half-baked, early-access, place holder concepts with no general overview of logic consequences. Gosh.

Once again CK3 could be so great. But I dont want to wait confusing DLC to get it - with EU4 I stopped getting DLC because every one of them since quite a while make the game more patchworky and gamey. A new major release should be time for a clean slate. Not an empty slate.
In that, Hoi4 was succesfull (despite AI shortcomings)

Is that really odd? You may have grown up in West Francia and not know how the Witan works, but when the messenger comes from Wessex and tells you you've been chosen as king you can head right on over there and take what's yours.

Yeah it is really odd. It is not like it is a late concept that most courts are already tied since a while.
To keep with your example, Saint Bede, the Venerable Bede, documented Wessex. And Ecgberht was for a while a refugee in the court of Charlemagne, son of Pépin le Bref.
So can we believe that he would be clueless about concept as important as inheritance law in the court of Charlemagne for instance?
And, that's the most important, can we believe that a kingdom that have some inheritance rule enforced since 4 generations would suddenly, out of the blue, completely forget this rule, because the new king is a peasant from another culture? Change it, ok. But forget? The guy just crowned instantly forgot how come? And the rest of the country, the vassals, all along, even the ones that stands to loose a lot?

If it was really like this, potential peasant uncultured heir should have 10000 murder plot on his ass.

But, seriously: no, once again, half bake, inconsistent. There is no polite way to say it.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
This is a known bug. Hopefully the patch fixes it. :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
So we finally play tested the game - good job guys!

• 26Haha
  • 8Like
Reactions:
So we finally play tested the game - good job guys!

Would you rather

-Have a release in early September and spend the first month playtesting, then have a decent game state at the end of September

or

-Have 20 QA people full-time playtest for three months, and have release and decent game state by December?

I know what I'm going for, and it isn't the one where I have to wait 3 months longer to get my hands on the game.

(also the game state is quite alright already tbh, in particular for the first few dozen hours)

• 7Like
Reactions:
Would you rather

-Have a release in early September and spend the first month playtesting, then have a decent game state at the end of September

or

-Have 20 QA people full-time playtest for three months, and have release and decent game state by December?

I know what I'm going for, and it isn't the one where I have to wait 3 months longer to get my hands on the game.

(also the game state is quite alright already tbh, in particular for the first few dozen hours)

Third option : I'd rather have an early access release, with developers focused on their work and not bothered by marketing and deadline issues, opening up user input.

It does not mean that game would be better per se at this exact moment, but it would not be sold as the final product it is not. And it would not make old time players thinking that no one care to satisfy them because it was sure since years that they would buy the game no matter what.

• 21Like
Reactions:
Would you rather

or

Forget this false dilemma. Setting the false dilemma aside, I'd rather have a properly tested game released on September 1. :)

• 21Like
  • 6Haha
Reactions:
Would you rather

or

As in every similar situation, if I would have a choice, it would be December. Easily.

CK2 is still fun. And I am anyways playing it at the moment. As after 50+ hrs in CK3, the shallowness of the game is downright frustrating.

CK 2 is not perfect either, but it is better...at least for me. For now. We ll see what will happen with 1.1

And 1.1 should be a big release, as .x is being kept by PDX usually for something big

• 6Like
Reactions:
Forget this false dilemma. Setting the false dilemma aside, I'd rather have a properly tested game released on September 1. :)

I don't think we've figured out how to compress time yet. Once we do, this becomes an option.

As in every similar situation, if I would have a choice, it would be December. Easily.

CK2 is still fun. And I am anyways playing it at the moment. As after 50+ hrs in CK3, the shallowness of the game is downright frustrating.

CK 2 is not perfect either, but it is better...at least for me. For now. We ll see what will happen with 1.1

And 1.1 should be a big release, as .x is being kept by PDX usually for something big

But you can choose December. You can just not play the game until a later point. It costs you literally nothing that it's already out - in fact, it gains you something, because you have the same game state a full two months earlier.

Reactions:
But you can choose December. You can just not play the game until a later point. It costs you literally nothing that it's already out - in fact, it gains you something, because you have the same game state a full two months earlier.

But then, you can also sit out a few more month. And wait for the game to be on sale. And if a considerable amount of people does that, what does the powerpoint presentations and marketing plans go? Be careful what you suggest people to do!

• 5Like
Reactions:
But then, you can also sit out a few more month. And wait for the game to be on sale. And if a considerable amount of people does that, what does the powerpoint presentations and marketing plans go? Be careful what you suggest people to do!

The crowds will never be smart. I'm just giving individual people some ideas for how to deal with their current discontent.

(I also want to mention, I have over 40 hours in the game, and very much enjoyed them even if indeed a patch is very welcome right now. It's not like this was a terrible release by any means, and in general a studio like Paradox gives me far more confidence than, say, Bethesda, from which I'd never preorder something)

• 2Like
Reactions: