• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Midsummer Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off!

Enjoy some sun and song this Midsummer, but when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't have to stop! Paradox has a festive sale on plenty of games to keep your summer nights going!

June 18th - June 30th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Flori

a stalker...
43 Badges
Aug 12, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
We do not have a confirmed date yet, but according to what I hear from the developers I would expect an update soon.

unmerged(85792)

Recruit
Oct 19, 2007
ok ppl I solve the codec problem in pc .... the problem was the K-lite codec I uninstall them an the game run perfect. :)

Last edited:

unmerged(85311)

Private
Oct 9, 2007
i don't have k-lite... can't uninstall...

Something strange:

After installation, the game wants to install a codec package. after installation, the setup tells, that this package is not compatible with my windows version. i found this package on the microsoft hp too, and there is written, that this version is for windows xp professional too. but i always get the message, that this package is not compatible...

Mar 14, 2003
Ikarus76 said:
i don't have k-lite... can't uninstall...

Something strange:

After installation, the game wants to install a codec package. after installation, the setup tells, that this package is not compatible with my windows version. i found this package on the microsoft hp too, and there is written, that this version is for windows xp professional too. but i always get the message, that this package is not compatible...
Have you searched for a compatible version of the codecs OR checked to see if the version of Vista already has those preinstalled?

- I take it you have a version of Vista.

unmerged(85311)

Private
Oct 9, 2007
2Coats said:
Have you searched for a compatible version of the codecs OR checked to see if the version of Vista already has those preinstalled?

- I take it you have a version of Vista.

sorry, didn´t mention, that i have xp pro sp2. if I run the videos in mediaplayer, they run fine.... i checked the videos with gspot. it reports, that i have 2 codecs installed, that support this file.

Mar 14, 2003
If you have the Tarr install CD/files handy can you see if you can find the installation executable for the codes package. Im fairly sure it should be seperate from the game install.

If you can find it, run it and post the exact error you are getting, the exact syntax pls. Dont post more than a few lines though.

I will have a peek to see if you can circumvent the installation of the codecs another way. Hopefully then you can get the game running!

unmerged(85311)

Private
Oct 9, 2007
2Coats said:
If you have the Tarr install CD/files handy can you see if you can find the installation executable for the codes package. Im fairly sure it should be seperate from the game install.

If you can find it, run it and post the exact error you are getting, the exact syntax pls. Dont post more than a few lines though.

I will have a peek to see if you can circumvent the installation of the codecs another way. Hopefully then you can get the game running!

the setup tells:
"Diese Version der Windows Media-Technologien ist mit dieser Windows-Version nicht kompatibel. Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf der Microsoft-Website."

Means something like:
"This version of the windows media technologies is not compatible with this windows version. You can find more information on the microsoft website".

As I told: the codecs are installed. I can play the avi in the media-player. only the game always crashes if i click on "settings" or "load savegame". And it also often crashes during video playback, ingame.

Mar 14, 2003
"This version of the windows media technologies is not compatible with this windows version. You can find more information on the microsoft website".

This could mean that though installed the codec isnt going to work as it is supposed to, even though you can still play the vids.

The only thing I can think of is that you get a list of all the codecs that the [codec] installer that came with TARR is supposed to install. Then make sure that this matches the list that is actually installed.

I noticed while scanning the quazar forums that you have posted the same problem there. Other than waiting for official fixes there isnt much more you can do except try to find out if the codecs are installed correctly. Is there another PC in your house, work, etc that you can test the codec installation on?