Patch 1.6.1 Ironclad Live - Checksum 55d5 (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, I was referring to Canada getting two generals and two generics while Australia is strutting around with seven 'unique' portraits.

The allocation of portraits for TfV was weird. South Africa has 1 unique commander, whereas the Raj has 4 unique generics (2 of them added in WtT, not TfV! Currently bugged though, won't be used since 1.6.1) as well as more than 5 unique commanders.

The allocation of portraits for TfV was weird. South Africa has 1 unique commander, whereas the Raj has 4 unique generics (2 of them added in WtT, not TfV! Currently bugged though, won't be used since 1.6.1) as well as more than 5 unique commanders.

South Africa having one naval commander and one general is absolutely hilarious, both being the third most manpower populous Commonwealth country and potentially the biggest help in the African theatre.
Even New Zealand is smiling with three generals and TWO admirals. The other element New Zealand seems to triumph hugely on over the other Commonwealth countries are the companies distribution.

Are there plans to rebalance Aircraft Carriers?

Please do something about the Axis and Allied AI sending half its divisions to the Congo after France falls.

I assume this will be the last patch until the next expansion/DLC comes out?

No there are comming 2 or 3 more Uprgrades for it.

And if I get a right feeling we get a second DLC this year with more reconstructions to the Game. There is a not ready thing in production since the same programmingtime 1.6 and Man the Guns were made. And that unknown second big reconstruction thing is still in Production. :)

Patch-tastic :D. Cheers for the patch Andy and everyone else - you've clearly all been hard at it :). Have really enjoyed my time playing 1.6.0, and very much looking forward to getting my teeth into 1.6.1 :)

As for a naval-themed pic, here's a large 'patch' that was used to try and shore up the battleship USS Nevada's damaged hull so she could be repaired post-Pearl Harbor that's consistent with the impressive size of 1.6.1 :cool:

Patch for Nevada.jpg

I might be the only one here but I am really not liking this update as much as I had hoped. The customisation of ships is great don't get me wrong, but why slow down ship building when this update was about the navy? Capital ships only have one row of building resources and light hulls and subs two? Why has this been changed from three? Prior to the launch of 1.6 you could throw a lot of resources into one thing such as tank building, why has that been removed? There seems to be little point to oil now especially if you play Germany and Japan as you don't need it to build things. The Fuel system does not seem to work the way it should, all ships, planes and vehicles operate the same when there is a 0% reserve of fuel. You can no longer build synthetic oil refineries that produce oil, they only produce rubber, so you still have to import it if you don't have it, but as previous said, it doesn't seem to matter as the fuel system does not seem to work as it should.

The trait system seems to be completely messed up, I have admirals who initially have no traits so I put them into submarine flotillas and yet I can't choose a trait when they reach enough XP, and what happens? For some reason the game chose traits set for Capital ships such as Ironsides. This really makes no sense. We should be able to set the trait/career course for Admirals and Generals with no traits.

I am still scratching my head with the amount of missing generals for the US, UK and even Germany. Where is General's Gavin, Ridgeway and Taylor, known for their commands of US Airborne Divisions, General Browning and Urquhart for the UK, the list for Germany is as long as my arm including Marcks who was a defence strategy expert. I really miss the command structure of HoI3, and its a shame its not been introduced/expanded upon in HoI4.

In spite my continued financial expenditure on this game I am still really disappointed with its development.

I apologise for my rant but I love the HoI series but had to speak my mind.

why slow down ship building when this update was about the navy?

I can't speak for the devs, but it's worth keeping in mind that pre-MtG capital ship build speeds were ludicrously fast, relative to historical build speeds. Beyond the reduction in the level of strategy required (faster builds = less planning = less strategy) and the reduced immersion for anyone familiar with ship build times historically, this also had a huge impact on Japan's viability relative to the US. Long ship build times historically meant that the Essex class carriers took until late 1943 to start making a difference in the Pacific, but with the pre-MtG build times, it was possible* to have the equivalent of the Essex class carriers form the bulk of the carrier force by the time of the Battle of Midway (June 1942) which fundamentally alters the balance in the Pacific theatre, and makes Japan's position (which is hardly good historically) much tougher.

Keep in mind that over the course of two or so years, the same amount of NIC will still build the same amount of ships - it's just necessary to plan things in advance a bit more, as those ships will all be completed at the end of the two year (or so) period, rather than in dribs and drabs throughout.

* Assuming the start times of the ships were as they were historically.