• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(165900)

<font color="white"><font size="3"><b>Paradox Publ
3 Badges
Sep 14, 2009
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
Hi all,

patch 1.3 is now available through the digital download portal of your choice - or it will be in the very near future. If you got the boxed retail version, you can find the patch here:

http://patches.gamersgate.com/Majesty2_patch_1.3.336_english.exe

Here's a list of the add-ons, changes and fixes.

Cheers,
Mattias

The update can be installed on Majesty 2 ver. 1.0.P EN,
1.0.97 EN, or 1.1.88 EN

New features and fixes
- Added “randomize” feature in all missions of the game, including multiplayer. Switching on randomize mode shuffles locations of non-quest monster dens, and places for construction of temples and trading posts. Warning! This can dramatically affect the difficulty of the mission.
- Random filling of chests. Now heroes can find various amounts of gold, as well as weapons, armour, elixirs, and artifacts.
- Added the possibility of purchasing additional game content. Part of additional content is available for free.
- Added map editor with a short manual. Video examples of using the editor are available at http://majesty2.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=98&Itemid=173
- Fixed display of hints for icons in multiplayer lobby
- Added system of automatic synchronization in case of critical mistiming in multiplayer.
- Optimized work of some GUI components
- Added Anisotropy to additional graphic settings, which dramatically improves display of textures
- On mini-maps graves of monsters no longer appear as an alive enemy
- Added ability to view a list of heroes who are interested in a selected flag
- Opened access to basic resources game for mode-makers
- Added network compatibility of versions with different languages. Now only number of version influences the connection possibility, not localization language. Warning! Foreign language in chat may be displayed incorrectly.
- Multiplayer compatibility for the Majesty 2 with installed "Kingmaker" expansion.

History of changes for previous updates:

Additions:
- Mission "Treacherous Tropics"
- Mission "Wizard Wars"

New features:
- The system that checks for updates has been implemented into the game.
- If the graphic settings exceed the system parameters and the game crashes, "safe mode" will automatically be activated on the next launch.
- The ability to fix the central information panel has been added.
- The ability to scroll through the party-creation window has been added.

Programming:
- AI: Modified the system of preferences for different classes of heroes when purchasing goods
- AI: Heroes now pay more attention to the protection of the city if important buildings are under attack
- AI: Heroes now want to protect their guilds
- AI: Improved use of elixirs by heroes
- AI: Improved hero reaction to monster attacks
- AI: Improved behavior of guards under fire
- Fixed a rare bug causing 2D sounds to turn off
- Fixed the offset password field when connecting
- Removed outlining frame that appeared with RMB held
- Fixed an issue with saving and loading when creating a party
- Fixed an issue with the info panel caused when disbanding a party

- Fixed the violation of rules of construction when a sewer appears next to a trading post or a temple
- Fixed an issue with the number of tax collectors and royal guards on the 2nd and 3rd levels of the palace
- Fixed an issue with increased spell distance failing to add cost
- Fixed an issue with cleric attack animations
- Fixed an issue regarding the desynchronization of game-time speed and construction speed
- Fixed a rare issue in the GUI with the party panel not closing after the death of a party member
- Fixed the incorrect display of dead heroes in the GUI
- Fixed the crash during saving and loading with maxed-out "building queue"
- Fixed an issue with some missions not being flagged as "completed" after their completion
- Fixed an issue with the screen over- brightness on some ATI video cards
- Fixed an issue with the bloom special effect
- Fixed an issue with haze in the "Big Problem" mission
- Fixed an issue with spells and great artifacts being cast on a selected unit icon
- The distance-related cost of spells is now displayed correctly under the cursor
- Fixed an issue with the camera trembling while scrolling near map borders
- Fixed an issue regarding the excessive save and load times
- Multiplayer: GameSpy rating is displayed and calculated correctly
- Multiplayer: GameSpy error messages are now displayed correctly
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with reconnecting to a server after a failed attempt
- Multiplayer: Server filter has been added. It is now possible to display in the server list only those that are available for connection
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with the game being non-synchronized
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with the info panel for enemy heroes and buildings
- Fixed an issue with the lords' ammunition and artifacts having no effect
- Fixed the crash with saving and loading while the character characteristics panel is open
- Fixed an issue with upgrading a hero while they join a party
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to choose suitable trading lands and holy ground through the fog of war
- Quicksave and quickload hotkeys have been changed to F5 and F9
- Fixed an issue with scrolling in the GUI

Balance:
- The cost of inventing the "Stone Incantation" spell has increased from 1,000 gold to 2,000 gold
- The invention of the "Stone Incantation" spell has moved to the second level of Dwarven Settlement
- Cost of inventing "Grab-grass" has been increased from 500 gold to 2,000 gold
- Reduced the cost of casting "Grab-grass" spell from 500 gold to 250 gold
- AI: Paladins are now more aggressive in attacking the undead and their buildings
- AI: Dwarves and mages are now more aggressive in attacking lairs and buildings
- Fixed a bug in the order abilities used by the elves: first, the hero uses the attack that stops the enemy with roots ("Roots"), and then uses a basic attack
- Health of the Greater Fire Elemental has increased up to 1,000 hit points; increased its resistance to melee, shooting, and magical attacks to 35/85/100 respectively
- Cost of the Warriors Guild has been reduced from 650 gold to 550 gold
- Cost of the Clerics Guild has been reduced from 750 gold to 700 gold
- Cost of the Rangers Guild has been reduced from 500 gold to 450 gold
- Cost of upgrading to a 3rd-level palace has been reduced from 5,000 gold to 4,000 gold
- Cost of upgrading to a 3rd-level market has been reduced from 4,000 gold to 3,000 gold
- Amount of money generated by a 3rd-level market has been increased from 500 gold to 600 gold per day
- In "The Eternal Love," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 3,000 gold
- In "Bloody Offenses," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 3,000 gold
- In "Pretenders to the Throne," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 1,000 gold
- In "The Demon's Advisor," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 1,000 gold
- In “Pretenders to the Throne,” the holy land appears instead of the enemy’s destroyed Temple to Dauros
- Fixed issues associated with upgrading the weapons for Priestesses of Agrela and Beastmasters

Localization:
- Changed the description of the "Debility" perk
- Added the status “defends the kingdom” to the heroes’ actions

Last edited:
well, it seams we are walking to the right place.

good job. but you know that we still miss somethings, right?

Edit: when steam users will get their patch? the same old problem from the first patches...

Okay, I want to access the ingame shop, but apparently you need a login and password of gamersgate.

It doesn't have a link to login anywhere, so I can assume I just have to go to gamersgate.com and if I register there I can use that in the game, right?

So I just went to the shop, got my free stuff and such, and I saw a Lunord temple :eek: has anyone tried it out yet? Oh and whats with the cosmetic castles costing money? They seem like an aesthetic upgrade, and nothing else, unless I'm missing something :confused: otherwise the shop seems cool. I'm not that familiar with gamersgate and for all I know all this stuff is dirt cheap :D

A blue coin is a tenth of a cent, according to GamersGate. They appear to work as a "frequent buyer" reward thing as well as being directly purchasable, which is probably why they're such a small denomination.

So the 22000 coins for all the non-aesthetic upgrades would be $22, minus whatever you might get for buying Kingmaker. So...not dirt cheap, especially since some of this stuff I'd only expect to see coming into play in long maps (tier 4 equipment, any skill that requires level 15 in general but especially for Wizards.)

Personally, I'd say aesthetic upgrades are exactly the sort of thing for microtransactions to be used for - you're not missing out on anything other than Pretty if you don't buy it, but you can if you want to.

Last edited:
* Death VO is broken, with the exception of the Ice Wizard (who, oddly enough, uses the Wizard death VO instead of it's own). Building deletion messages are awesome though.
* Born in Hell was tough, got whacked. Nice!
* One of my Ice Mages found an "Elixer of Troll Blood" in a crate. This item doesn't work.
* Raising a Wizard was fun, but now I am left with a cleaned map and lvl 33 wizards. Farming 33-35 on rats and the graveyard? Oh joy! Obviously I just called it a day and quitted.
* The english gets worse and worse. Can anybody tell me what the following even means?
Raising a Wizard said:
Your Majesty, Temple to Dauros, the priests of which blocked you way to lairs of the undead and werewolves, is destroyed. Later, a measure adopted by you can be a problem, of course. However, it is now important that new "playgrounds" are available to your mages.
I mean, I get the gist of it, but especially the second line seems complete gibberish.
* I found one of my Ice Mages fled and hit in the temple of the other ice mages. Is this actually also possible for other heroes (as you can notice I rarely have 2 guilds of the same kind)?

That's about it for the observations of today...

Heroes of the same class will share each other's homes, yes. In fact, I think higher-level heroes will push lower-level heroes out of their accomodation if their own gets destroyed.

Glad to hear Born in Hell is a tough one, since the last "really hard" survival mission that got released I beat on the first try. :D

PS: The writing is a bit shocking, isn't it? Possibly a better translation, (taking an "if in doubt, stay as close as possible to the original" approach) would be 'Your Majesty, the Temple to Dauros whose priests blocked the way to the lairs of undead and werewolves has been destroyed. Taking this measure may lead to later problems, of course. However, the important thing for now is that new "playgrounds" are available to your mages.'

Last edited:
I was unable to change any of resources. If you change any of the packs, the game will tell you that they are corrupt and will crash with an error. In fact, it won't even let you inside the game.

Any comments on that? Maybe I did something wrong?

BTW for those on Impulse.

Impulse testes its patches independently, to make sure the game doesn't break. They've got the patch already.

It's kinda like what XBL/PSN does, but they work a lot quicker.

It should be ready "soon" according to them.

The patch on this site could work, but I don't know.

From their IRC: patch should be out today.

Last edited:
Thanks for the patch. Finally I can use my rewarded blue coins in the ingame shop. ;)

More observations doing The Imp Advisor with random generator.

* Apparently wolf and werewolf dens are questbased too? Cause they didn't move an inch.
* Same with Trading Posts, they were all on the same spot.
* The wrong Cleric upgrade icon bug was fixed.
* If you use the Orb of Sydrian, the buildings display 1 gold less than they actually produce for some reason.
* The Imp Advisor can now stun the person he targets with the stunspell, making battling him a little more difficult. Good!
* They tweaked the Lordsbuilding to give icons of the heroes you have recruited. I don't really see the point, but still...