• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The provinces Skopje and Stip, which are roughly where today's Macedonia is, is one of the regions that was hotly contested by the new Balkan states in the pre-WWI era. Albania, Yugoslavia, Greece and Bulgaria should all have a cores there. I think this is the way it is, and this is historically and politically accurate.
All of those currently have cores there in vanilla EXCEPT Albania, which has an extra core on Pristina.

One of the interesting things about that, is that the reason that the Bulgarian capital is at the edge of the country, and not nearer the center, is because Bulgarias original borders incorporated modern Macedonia, when Russia originally backed the creation of Bulgaria as its Balkan client state, as agreed to at the Treaty of St. Stefano.

Later, the other European powers, in particular Austria, which was officially a Russian ally at the time, objected to the Russians having this massive client state carved out of the ailing Ottoman Empire, and the treaty was amended and these territories went back to being an Ottoman protectorate.

Sofia remained the capital, of was now a much smaller state.

Bulgaria-SanStefano_-%281878%29-byTodorBozhinov.png

Bulgaria under the Treaty of St. Stefano

Ok, so maybe its not so interesting but there you go. Regardless, all of these regional powers had a big fight about this in 1912, and the territory ended up in Yugoslavia. Looked at in one way this is all part of the conflict which eventually triggered WWI and by extension WW II.

Ok, it's not a bug :) Please could a moderator shift the relevant posts to the cummulative bug list thread?

I have to admit that the balkan's is not a place I am familier with so it's interesting seeing real history in action. I also have to confess that is one of the things I like about the HOI series. A few times I've found myself in game situations and then went to my reference books to find out what was really done. An example being playing the UK after the formation of Vichy France and noticing how much of their territory overlapped with what were poorly defended chunks of my empire plus the fact that they had a substantial fleet. It was neat to see that the same questions faced the real UK.

In this particular game: Currently Rommania vanished into the dust bin of history, Hungary and Bulgaria are about to be gifted with the remains as I see no reason on maintain it as US territory. But the Stettin area will remain as US extraterritorial protectorates along with a a chunk of the Adriatic coast (I'll eventually release Montenergo and Albania but 1% disent hits I don't need now).

Oh right Ecudor renewed their war on Japan after a 5 year cease fire. I'm sure they woke the emporer up in his bunker in Nanning to tell him that.

So... Where's the 1.2 patch? I want to run some mods and none of them is running under 1.3 yet.