Patch 1.2.5 Released [checksum 328a] (NOT for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
This is a small hotfix to address some common issues.

Please report any problems in the bug report forum

Click details below to see the changes included.

Changelog
##############################################################
####################### VERSION 1.2.5 ########################
##############################################################

###################
# AI
###################
* Fixed another case of wars at 100% warscore not being ended by the AI
* Fixed another case of AI open/close borders spam
* Fixed an issue where sector AI would build research of only one type due to a math error.
* Fixed AI inviting players to wars they should have no interest in.
* AI will no longer prioritize working food tiles on planets with only robots.

###################
# Features
###################
* Added 2 more plantoid namelists.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
* Fixed bug where multiple special projects were being researched at the same time.
* Special projects with time cost no longer use stored resources.
* Fixed a couple of CTDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Thank you for this additional hotfix!

* Fixed bug where multiple special projects were being researched at the same time.

Uh oh.
This could be pretty inconvenient, considering how long some special projects take.
I mean, if even establishing communications takes up to 180 days...

Reactions:
A suggestion for the research of multiple special projects at once would be to allow you to assign a scientist to each individual project. That would allow you to trade valuable leader slots for faster contact of new species for example.

Reactions:
You all are doing an outstanding job! Thanks.

Reactions:
Cool, next big this is - leaders that don't get traits on levelup, something funny with check for current number of traits, they always seem to think they have too many

Reactions:
Uh oh.
This could be pretty inconvenient, considering how long some special projects take.
Ouch. Yeah, I knew this was a bug that would eventually be fixed, but this means I'm unlikely to bother establishing any communications at all (even with an influence bonus), and wait for them to waste the resources contacting me. It's a pretty massive drain in the early game - even when they can run simultaneously it's barely worth it...

But nice patch - particularly like the war invitation fix :p

Reactions:
Do you know the research points get saved while establishing comms? Any project that still takes longer than 12 months should not suffer from a six months special project.

Reactions:
* Fixed another case of AI open/close borders spam

Thank you so, so, so much. I had a game where I was constantly spammed by my neighbor for 100 some years with open, close borders. When I could finally get to him and just shatter him into only individual planets, the 5 new empires all then began spamming me repeatedly as revenge.

Reactions:
Fixed bug where multiple special projects were being researched at the same time.

!

Reactions:
Uh oh.
Yeah but most people just waited to have a lot of communications to research before launching all of them at once. At this point it had to be fixed, or entirely removed.

Reactions:

Good Fix, but 1 Issue ...
Caused by the Fact, that the Research-Ship has an own Science-Leader on Board, the normal Research-Progress with normal Technologies shouldn't stops in the Case, that I'm researching a Special-Project or at Least in the Case, that I'm establishing the Contact with the Alpha-Beta-Gamma-...-Aliens.

Reactions:
Good to see that you guys are working on the sector AI. Any chance the way sectos deal with slavery is the next in line? The way governors emancipate and enslave pops randomly and with complete disregard to happiness and factions is really annoying.

Reactions:
Well, how about allowing us to store the research points during the special projects? Or at least prevent spending stored RPs on special projects, it is really annoying to wait after finishing one special project to spend its rewards before starting the next (and about the debris... well... it sucks)

Reactions:
Jokes on Paradox.

I started a new campaign just yesterday, and I did all the early game special projects at once.

Reactions: