Patch 1.2.4 Released [checksum b6dc] (NOT for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this is fixed or not but I encountered a bug a while back where a faction's per pop growth did not add up to the right amount (0.3%, 0.5% and 0.2% and yet the monthly chance to gain 10% progress was 1.2%) as well as another bug where I had a massive faction with over 100 pops that only had a growth chance of about 1% per month. The only reason I didn't post about this in the bugs forum is because I no longer have the save where I got that problem and I can't remember the version or checksum so I would be unable to give the important details. I think it was pre-asimov though.

You should take a look at a mod called Unofficial Asimov Hotfix. It's pretty amazing.

At this point I am mostly playing to check off the two Crisis achievements I don't have yet; it's true that mods fix these bugs, but don't really get me closer to my personal goal.

Reactions:
Any plans to address being unable to bank research points when you're doing a special project? They're just evaporating into nothing right now.

Like, it'll use research points even if you're researching someone's language, or catching Uddoran, or checking salvage. It really kills my motivation to play.

This is a small hotfix to address some common issues.

Click details below to see the changes included.

Changelog
##############################################################
####################### VERSION 1.2.4 ########################
##############################################################

###################
# AI
###################
* The AI is now significantly slower to seek out and research the Wounded Queen special project, to give players a chance to complete it.
* Fixed a bug where AI would repeatedly open and close border access.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
* Fixed a bug where the Xeno Integration tech could not be researched.
* Fixed some issues with checksum and stability on OSX.

"* Fixed a bug where AI would repeatedly open and close border access."

Yay. I had to destroy an entire civilisation because of this. I still feel bad. :/
Edit: LOL, I see I'm not the only one.

Reactions:
Any chance to get defensive pacts with vassals fixed before next major patch? Huge influence drain with multiple vassals.

There's a post by a PDX employee in another thread today suggesting that this has been fixed in v1.2.4, and just wasn't in the patch notes. I haven't had a chance to try it since to confirm though. It may only help new vassal relationships and not fix what has already happened, though; they did not specify.

There's a post by a PDX employee in another thread today suggesting that this has been fixed in v1.2.4, and just wasn't in the patch notes. I haven't had a chance to try it since to confirm though. It may only help new vassal relationships and not fix what has already happened, though; they did not specify.
If it correct anything, I can confirm it doesn't correct the "old" relationship. I have loaded a save since, so I restart another game to see...

v1.2.4 is the current "opt out of all betas" choice on Steam. They didn't add v1.2.3 or v1.2.2 to the list, so the last version you can jump back to is v1.2.1 when last I checked.
If you choose nothing/opt out, you'll get v1.2.4.

In future I hope Steam changes this menu to not be Betas, but Versions (or Releases, whichever).
The top entry would say: Latest [v1.2.4], and then releases by date under that. If you had entered a beta unlock code, more entries might appear in the list and say Beta [v1.2.5] etc.

Paradox is basically "abusing" (in a good way) the betas system so that it works kinda like we all wish it did. Hopefully more devs will do the same and it will become a more-general thing.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.