Patch 1.18.1 out NOW! - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- AI no longer considers AE with countries it is already fighting with in peace deal.

I don't quite get exactly what is meant by the above. Can someone help a dumba$$ out?

- AI no longer considers AE with countries it is already fighting with in peace deal.

I don't quite get exactly what is meant by the above. Can someone help a dumba$$ out?

If France is at war with Austria and provinces taken in a certain peace deal will push Austria to just over 50 AE. It makes sense to disregard Austria as a coaltion threat because by the time Truce is over AE will be under 50 AE.

You need at minimum 50 AE after truce is over to join a coalition. So France in making decision for how much AE to take, it will ignore Austria but take into consideration other nation threat as part of a coalition.

Reactions:
Good stuff. I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow :)

Ugh. Even more liberty desire. Is there ANYTHING except dip rep to make your vassals more loyal? A run as a vassal heavy overlord has become hard enough because the vassals have the annoying LD boosts at 100 and 300 development (regardless of the overlord's dev). Now add this new modifier as well. I don't see any fun gameplay reason to add this.
Developing your subject will now decrease its LD. There's also idea decreasing LD in the espionage.

Reactions:
Please let 1.19 or at least 1.20 be a major map revamp.

Also colonial nations and colonial regions need to be improved and be made more dynamic. Trade Companies should be like vassals that can expand on their own (based on how much you are funding them until they generate their own decent income). Finally, after a certain diplomatic level, protecterates should be absorbable to simulate what eventually happened with India.
You can seize provinces from protectorates (I believe this requires a DLC). It takes awhile to absorb everything in this way, but you can seize provinces from multiple protectorates.

The remaining hole is that you can't seize their capital province, so eventually you'll have a bunch of OPM protectorates that you have to release and invade to finish annexing. That's an annoyance that could use fixing.

Reactions:
Made a video that is a small, quick overview of the major expansion and patch features. Thanks!

Reactions:
You can seize provinces from protectorates (I believe this requires a DLC). It takes awhile to absorb everything in this way, but you can seize provinces from multiple protectorates.

The remaining hole is that you can't seize their capital province, so eventually you'll have a bunch of OPM protectorates that you have to release and invade to finish annexing. That's an annoyance that could use fixing.

That's the issue I was aiming at. Maybe at higher diplomatic techs the penalty for absorbing a protectorate slowly could go down? Abstractly, higher diplomacy tech would mean better diplomatic affairs and appealing to others. This is how a small island country called Great Britain dominated a quarter of the world, through the use of soft power. Ultimately, I'd like for the protectorate to be consumed wholly as eventually happened.

Ok so I checked some fella streaming Ethiopia (topic is on the 3rd page I think ?).

The changes seem to be.
1. Instead of 20% manpower tradition they get -0.05 monthly LA (mixed feelings)
2. Either the -10% Stab is ditched and the religious strength is increased or they just swapped the icon
3. The discipline is gone instead they have infantry combat (I can only assume it's 10%, let's hope it's either more or there is at least infantry cost involved too)

It still baffles me that Semien, a one province tag that doesn't exit at game start and it was .. pretty much historically irrelevant has so much better ideas than the regional power (and if nothing else an empire).

Reactions:
TW games have pretty nice general traits for that, for example winning battles but with a lot more casaulties than the enemy side gives "Bloody" - lowers morale of troops slightly, or retreating often as you said - lowers "discipline".

Too bad there are only good ones, but AI can't retreat so they would get Bloody trait all the time :D

They do retreat in 1.18 now ;) if they think they really cant win theyll just run away.
Same thing applies to allies joining you in battle. If the battle goes badly theyll retreat asap.

Much like navies works actually

Prussia can't change to an absolute monarchy so my Prussian colonial empire is going to have no military power or less discipline than most nations.

Colonial nations and subjects/protectorates dont count.
Also at 100 provinces you have to pay like 2.5 mil a month to keep it at 100. thats much better than mil policies that give roughly the same.

I would assume there is no province added in this patch, yes?

I would assume there is no province added in this patch, yes?

Provinces has institution where they didn't before. I think that is the only map change as far I know.

On a sidenote, what is the discipline equivalent of +10% infantry combat (the most likely replacement of the 5% discipline) ? 2.5% or so ?

Gotta love how buffing coptic works ... take away the manpower and cut the discipline in half from Ethiopia and put them in the religion :D

@DDRJake i have a doubt:

Does this patch also add events/DHE/decisions and stuff to Teutonic Order?, i see a lot of love added to BB/Prussia, but any...almost anything about good ol' TO...does any of the new stuff added to BB will be shared with TO? or does this basically means the optimum way to form prussia is BB>P rather than TO/P (i guess this path will still be feasible, but maybe more challenging...rigth?)

If that is the case , iguess then, TO is not the "better" option to form Prussia :(.

Is it me or there is no mention of Holy Cities on the patch notes?

Holy Cities? Did you meant Free City of HRE or City of gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.