Patch 1.18.1 out NOW! - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can get a ton more discipline by spending military points to militarize your nation with the Prussian Government type.

Baseline is nerfed. Once you are Prussia it's higher if you spend mil and don't blob like a madman [Militarization decays faster with more provinces]

Prussia can't change to an absolute monarchy so my Prussian colonial empire is going to have no military power or less discipline than most nations.

Reactions:
So what's the development of eastern Europe now in 1.17.1 and how will it look in 1.18 (for those who already have pre-release version)? How does that affect Poland, Lithuania, Hungary and Russians?

Reactions:
- AI will no longer mess around with increase/decrease autonomy in provinces it at least for the moment knows it will want to make into states.
@DDRJake - This is nice, but can be very frustrating with vassal management unless you also make it so that AI no longer cancels coring in rebel-sieged provinces. It might have made sense in previous patch era where sieging down a fort actually reset the coring process completely (causing you to lose the admin) but right now it basically means that AI vassals in particular often just waste a bunch of admin points.

- Merchant Republics with a very dominant ruling faction can now have the other two factions revolt, forcing the ruler to resign or face a hefty hit to Republican Tradition.
it can be argued that republics are OP, just not that one...

Last edited:
Is Common Sense now an absolutely most important, powerful, essential, indispensable DLC?

From what i have seen during Florryworry streams is that if you are playing in the ROTW and you do not have this DLC you are going to die, because tech penalty is brutal and institution spread is extremely slow. But if you have Common Sense all your monarch points that you have wasted on westernization before, now you can dump in development.

IMO you should get access to development with this DLC if you don't own CS.

Like some other older DLC features become available with other DLC's

The limit on the celestial empire is quite necessary for the balance in the game, while I do not think the newest way is quite good at all, the expansion of China relied on the geography status in border region, it shall be hard for China to expand west out the Xizang and overcome the thrill of tropical climate. the worst is the restrict of supply line, which is the main reason why China did not expend west or south.
While, in EU world, the supply line did not exist so the nomad can be not powerful at all and so these huge countries own continents can exist, then we can think the nerf on Far East especially Ming is laughable.
If EU group would like to nerf huge powers, they shall not start from the poor Ming, it only has 1000 development, 50% local autonomy, 11 ducats per month and forever possibility of crush down, very low expansion possible. With the HRE system, it can be easy to turn these over 600 development into your vassal and make you the master of Europe, the austria wirh bohemia, low lands, eastern north Italy has over 1500 development, it is radigious at all. I never can believe these with 10 million people shall have the much higher development than those with 100 million people.

The real way of restricting huge op is to increase the difficulty to rule over a huge country for the distance from the capital and the difficulty to maintain a stable huge country.and this is the root reason why Chinese expansion is so slow,with the decay mililary, the Ming even did not conquer the Mongolian and Manchuria like what Russian did.

Please do not nerf the poor East Asia in science aspect, we have lost the prosperous economic and high development, the new nerf will make there a new New World like the Inca and Aztec.otherwise, the Far East should get strenghened in the province development aspect.

Reactions:
NVM

Please let 1.19 or at least 1.20 be a major map revamp.

Also colonial nations and colonial regions need to be improved and be made more dynamic. Trade Companies should be like vassals that can expand on their own (based on how much you are funding them until they generate their own decent income). Finally, after a certain diplomatic level, protecterates should be absorbable to simulate what eventually happened with India.

Reactions:
In fact, I have no real discontent in this new technology mechanic, it is more interesting and realistic, this is a great step for PDS to simulate the logic of history and modernization, though filled with eurocentral thought.
The biggest issue is the possible of increasingly eurocentralism,the new mechanic might make move to europe and abandon the old lands the best way to westernize, the pain of it can be bigger than converted to Catholics, and make play these countries away from Europe become an agony at all without any pleasure.
I hope the new institution manchanic can be not too harmful for these counties away from Europe as I thought.
It is too late and I shall go to sleep, Bye, dear Westerners.

Reactions:
Prussia can't change to an absolute monarchy so my Prussian colonial empire is going to have no military power or less discipline than most nations.
Less discipline than most nations? May I suggest taking Quality, Offensive, and Economic ideas? And if you are dead set on playing Prussia as a colonial nation with an absolute monarchy, rolling back to 1.17.1 should suit you just fine.

Reactions:
Is Common Sense now an absolutely most important, powerful, essential, indispensable DLC?

From what i have seen during Florryworry streams is that if you are playing in the ROTW and you do not have this DLC you are going to die, because tech penalty is brutal and institution spread is extremely slow. But if you have Common Sense all your monarch points that you have wasted on westernization before, now you can dump in development.
That's one of the things I don't like in the DLC policy. Nerfing something in the patch and adding the fix in DLCs.
You can think about Westernization what you want, but it was a working feature that allowed nations of other tech groups to catch up with western nations just fine without the need of an expansion. Now with the removal of westernization and the introduction of institutions, you have the problem that if you can't increase development in your provinces, you'll fall behind sooner or later if you're far away from the institutions' "centers", as increasing development seems to be the only effective way to get them to spread to your provinces.
Of course, increasing development (and playing tall in general) is still locked behind the Common Sense DLC paywall. And it doesn't get better when more and more new (patch!) features rely in one way or another on DLC exclusive features.

Reactions:
Ottomans getting free vassal/march Crimea (yeah, they were not OP at all).

Slight changes in how Aggressive Expansion is calculated (this does not sound good, but we will see).

Eastern European starting development reduced (good news for Poland, that has also lost lucky nation status).

Just seen in Arumba Prussia run that Crimea rejected Ottoman overlordship. I have no idea what are the odds of that.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Can't wait for this patch to hit, seems to bring a lot of new changes.

What are the changes to the Ethiopian ideas?

Since cultural acceptance has been revised entirely, how have national ideas related to it been changed (I.e. cultural acceptance threshold and cultural conversion cost)? I didn't see those changes in the patch notes above. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.