• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eng_ger.png

I have made a full set of engineers models for Germany. I would assume they one day could advance further int the cold war. A model in the 1920s and perhaps 45 could be considered one day.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I hope you guys can fix the following (or give me the solution I am missing...) : I bought a new monitor : 32inch 4k ... In the native resolution (2160p) the game is too 'small'. When I set another resoluten (1080p or 1440p) the game is just good to view BUT I can scroll left, up and down on the map but NOT right (with mouse, with keyboard is possible but not 'playable')... So : for me AOD seems to be over :(

I hope you guys can fix the following (or give me the solution I am missing...) : I bought a new monitor : 32inch 4k ... In the native resolution (2160p) the game is too 'small'. When I set another resoluten (1080p or 1440p) the game is just good to view BUT I can scroll left, up and down on the map but NOT right (with mouse, with keyboard is possible but not 'playable')... So : for me AOD seems to be over :(
Might be worth a separate post for this? I think there's possibly a high resolution or ultrawide fix that might work?

Though, honestly, if you're able to return it and get an Ultrawide (3440x1440) I would. 2160p, for me, is for TV not PC! ;)
Mostly for the reasons you mention.

Might be worth a separate post for this? I think there's possibly a high resolution or ultrawide fix that might work?

Though, honestly, if you're able to return it and get an Ultrawide (3440x1440) I would. 2160p, for me, is for TV not PC! ;)
Mostly for the reasons you mention.
Yes and no. I posted it here because they are working on the new version so maybe they can look into that problem with that...
My former screen was 3440x1440 and i also chose another resolution there because it was not available BUT i had no problem with the scrolling...

Yes and no. I posted it here because they are working on the new version so maybe they can look into that problem with that...
My former screen was 3440x1440 and i also chose another resolution there because it was not available BUT i had no problem with the scrolling...
This thread is about the next version and requests for features and updates; rather than game bugs for (potentially) all versions. Tech Support might be better - and get more views - but hey ho.
I think there's an ini file you can try changing resolution in there?

I can scroll left, up and down on the map but NOT right (with mouse, with keyboard is possible but not 'playable')
I had the same issue on my Alienware laptop when running the game in Window mode at full screen resolution. To be clear, NOT full screen but in a Window at max resolution. It has to do with how the Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) code "draws" the screen. SDL replaced DirectX in many games and apps, including AOD. I explained a simple "get around" previously in the Paradox forums, but can't find it again. So here's the easy "get around."

I wanted to run AOD within a Window and at the largest screen resolution I could. If I run AOD within a Window at any resolution less than the highest resolution my laptop can do it, I have no problems scrolling all 4 directions with my mouse. However, if I run AOD within a Window at my highest resolution, I get the same issue you have. What appears to be happening, is that SDL isn't getting the maximized Window centered exactly on the screen. You need to manually move the window to center it. This is how I do it:
  1. Edit your settings.cfg file.
  2. When setting the Width and Height to maximum resolution and in Window mode, you need to make room for the Windows' task bar.
  3. Take your max resolution and subtract the height of your task bar. If the task bar is on the top or bottom of your screen, subtract it from the height. If on the left or right, subtract it from the width.
  4. When you launch the game, you will need to manually center the game Window. Best is to wait until the game (and the scenario or saved game) loads, then open a non-map view. This will allow you to move the window around without the map continuously scrolling while you center the Window. Watch the Window's sides/borders to determine when your centered. You might need to do this step more than once (twice is the most I have had to do).
  5. After updating the settings.cfg file, you will need to take 2-3 seconds to re-center the Window every time you launch the game.
Example settings.cfg file (from my laptop):
Code:
0 #LANGUAGE (0=english, 1 = french etc..)
0 #MUSIC (1 for on)
1 #WINDOWED MODE (1 for on)
europa.valkyrienet.com
1920 #Width  1920
1010 #Height 1080
1 # Disable intro

A few months ago I downloaded rebuilt the SDL2 code, updating the SDL2.dll file. It seems to still be an issue they have. Before releasing the 1.13 release, I download and rebuild with their latest release.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Instead of claiming AoD dead for me...i would throw my new monitor out of the window! :cool:

@Czarina Julie I have the issue in full screen ... (which I prefer) ... I will try in windowed mode and create your solution. -- Still hope the issue will be adressed in the new version :p --- Also my task bar is not on the side but at the bottom so I suppose it might be better to experiment with the width instead of the height?

@KostasL normally I would agree... But I like this new monitor extremely ;)

Also my task bar is not on the side but at the bottom so I suppose it might be better to experiment with the width instead of the height?
You have the same issue I have then...I have the task bar at the bottom. Experiment with the Height, not the width. I'll try to explain a bit more and hopefully my explanation helps.

When I mentioned centering the Window, I mean running AOD in Window mode and centering the AOD game Window within the MS Windows' screen. The issue is between the game window and MS Windows, not the game and the window it's running into. That is why, when running the game within a lower resolution that your MS Windows is, that scrolling works. When running the game in window mode and max resolution, one edge is "off" the MS Windows' screen, not allowing you to move your mouse to the edge of game window.

Still hope the issue will be adressed in the new version
Before releasing 1.13 I'll update the C++ files from SDL and create the latest SDL2.dll file.

Stop the police!
mps.png

Drei fire grenadier...

And Soviet Engineers
sov_engineers.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
more tech pics.png

Updating the old tech pictures* And soon there is more to do.
motutain_troops.png

Last edited:
OK, Now you did it. I'll just have to make a 1946 Rail Transport. :)
Its optional as a suggestion. 1937 and then 1941, but im sure it would not be the last. Rail transport would be biffed up I think.

The release team has an updated Dev Alpha release and is currently testing it.

I'm currently double checking all the scenario countries .inc (setup) files to ensure the the OOBs and technologies are historical and correct. The game is playable but there's still more to do. Once I'm done with the double checking, I'll be:
  • finishing the technology's translations. I use Google translate for most of them, since my native language is English (US) and haven't spoke German since leaving in 1984. So if you're French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish, Portuguese or Brazilian (Russian we already someone), please let us know if you're able to help with translations.
  • reorganizing the technology screens. The "spare" screen we've made is going to be the new Support screen. It might contain Support, Munitions, & Transportation technologies such as Troop & Merchant transports, Torpedoes, Mines, SupplyTransport, Maintenance, Rail Transport, and Air Refuelers, all subject to change.
  • update the 1938, 1939, 1941, 1944, 1945 and the Battle Scenarios
  • moving back into the code:
    • to finish the air assault mission and units being able to transport by helicopter logic.
    • to finished land & air units to have as many as 5 attachments. Most this code is done, just need to update the save game process portion.
    • to add the SLBM (Sub Launched Ballistic Missile) and Guided Missile Destroyers logic.
    • to expand on the Intelligence screen and logic giving more information to the user.
The team has also discussed doing a Twitch multi-player game with the 1.13 release as a demo to players with the current Dev Alpha release.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I could take a look to the Spanish translation.

About the OOB's, I was reading lately a lot about them and have tons of material, as I wanted to do some things with TRP+E3FN as base in DH, but left the work unifinished cause many reasons, DH mechanics beeing the most important to stop. So if you want I can take a look at them, mainly from the minors.

I was doing many games in AoD these days, to write an extensive post about the aspects, according to me, that should be improved, and the changes that I would love to see. Maybe I'll write it today if I finish this last test play. Or who knows, maybe I do still another test run. Anyways, it will be a long one XD

• 3Like
Reactions: