• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands now I prefer 1.11.
Please do not take me wrong. I just loved the base tax the way it was.

England was wiped out by France on the continent. Now I have a free game with England and France sits idle by?

France has no vassals? Why? I found it a lot of fun and a bit more challenging.

Burgundy is so weakened I do not like to play with Austria in the new patch anymore... as Burgundy will likely lose the PU's making it also lose Antwerp which
I really needed as Austria.

What I love:

The fort aspect/ rural no fort aspect and mothballing forts.

Parliament and debates.

------------------

Negative effects have the upper hand. Nerfed things even more than they were nerfed all around it seems?

Reactions:
Switzerland declared war on me (Ravensburg, free city) And the emperor didn't do jack shit to protect me.
Weren't he supposed to defend me?

Sigh...

After exiting the game it CTD.

Now it won't even start anymore. Steam icon lights green up for a few seconds and goes away then..
The reinstall did not help either. Broken?

The game does not start anymore.

EDIT: Ok! You have to unsubscribe from all mods and DELETE them all from your mod folder.

Last edited:
Reactions:
1460. As France suing for peace with Provence. Demanding they give up claims in Lucca and / or Savoy crashes the game. Taking territory and demanding vassalisation works.

These assorted crashes and the UI getting completely confused (at least on Mac) over which object has focus are screaming for a hotfix! How did this ever pass QA?!

Last edited:
OK I'm still noticing new things that I do not like. Finally i have to talk about it. Why the hell does the Update not Support old savegames? You know that's ridiculous and really demotivating to go on playing right? Then I don't see why the keys to open the console was changed to Shift + °. How long i had to wait to find out by coincidence how it works.... but finally i was trying you set right the game you messed up so badly. Now i noticed the changes to culture groups... you gotta be kidding right? North Germany is all Hannoversch now and the Rheinland culture is gone? Replaced by some unimportant minor country side cultures that played no great role in history? To see cities like Cologne or Coblenz and Mainz beeing Hessian really makes me laugh... I can not take this game serious anymore... I had almost no motivation to start all over again but that really did it for me.. back to Civilization 5 -.-

Reactions:
OK I'm still noticing new things that I do not like. Finally i have to talk about it. Why the hell does the Update not Support old savegames? You know that's ridiculous and really demotivating to go on playing right? Then I don't see why the keys to open the console was changed to Shift + °. How long i had to wait to find out by coincidence how it works.... but finally i was trying you set right the game you messed up so badly. Now i noticed the changes to culture groups... you gotta be kidding right? North Germany is all Hannoversch now and the Rheinland culture is gone? Replaced by some unimportant minor country side cultures that played no great role in history? To see cities like Cologne or Coblenz and Mainz beeing Hessian really makes me laugh... I can not take this game serious anymore... I had almost no motivation to start all over again but that really did it for me.. back to Civilization 5 -.-

Because How would it take into account the new Stuff that was added with the patch. Somethings are added that do not work with the previous save game. it is that simple really.. The save game would not work with the new patch. also how did they mess up the game.. The game is getting better and better now.. Also culture group complaints is just not really that important at all..also this is a game.. your not suppose to take it seriously.. Trust me your not.. A game is for you to enjoy.. Not to get mad when they change a culture lol.

If you did not want to play the game anymore.. Why are you posting ?.

Reactions:
Because How would it take into account the new Stuff that was added with the patch. Somethings are added that do not work with the previous save game. it is that simple really.. The save game would not work with the new patch. also how did they mess up the game.. The game is getting better and better now.. Also culture group complaints is just not really that important at all..also this is a game.. your not suppose to take it seriously.. Trust me your not.. A game is for you to enjoy.. Not to get mad when they change a culture lol.

If you did not want to play the game anymore.. Why are you posting ?.
What i find bad is that as number of cultures are rising and some small cultures i have never heard of are everywhere, it's impossible for many countries now to have accepted cultures. This mechanism is broken now and doesn't work how it worked when the game was released. It needs rework.
E.g. as a Russia i'm conquering all Golden Horde lands and get all this nomads, like a LOT of them, but can't accept them.
And having them sunni doesn't make it better.

Reactions:
Reverting back to 1.11 is the most satisfactory thing for the moment. I always feel like the previously updated patches are always 99% stable. Once something new comes out "which always is quite fun", it has many child's diseases that have to be overcome in the 1.12.1, 1.12.2 and so on.

So I feel I will play 1.11.4, which is better at the moment and wait for let's say 1.12.2 or so and stop complaining about the issues in the new expansion.

Of course, thanks to the people who keep playing 1.12.0 many more issues can be resolved by PDX in the future and I am thankful for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.