Patch 1.11 - Dynamic Random Nations teaser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enjoy this teaser shot of the Dynamic Random Nations mode and stay tuned for more news about the release of patch 1.11!

What determines the size of a random nation? Would it be possible to create a world with fewer but bigger nations, by changing some number in defines?

Will religion be randomized partially too, or will these random nations stick to the default religion of the capital?
Would like to see a bit of randomisation of religions, not to mess up the areas too much but to introduce a few of the minor religions more, like Norse and Jewish.

I third this. If you can't dynamically work this in, can you find a way for us to set areas to be of certain faiths? And if you can do that, can you do the same thing for the HRE? Maybe tech types too if I may be demanding?

Good news. I'd like the option of modifying existing countries, too. Pay the points as with custom nations, but amend Bavarian ideas to my liking etc.

Perhaps it exists, but if creating the dynamic new world, I would like a list of check boxes that allow you to select some nations you'd like to have exist with their actual names and borders. Then make the random nations with the leftover areas. Would be similar to how I believe it is now where you can have custom nations and then the gaps are filled in. Except allow your custom nations, historical nations (which will never take provinces from a custom nation), and then fill in the gaps.

When update? So, what is mean (tm)? Tomorrow?

(tm) stands for trademark. It's often used by game companies when they say something is coming "soon" because "soon" often means forever from now. Thus it's a bit of an inside joke, but I think Blizzard were the ones who coined it? Perhaps I am wrong on that. I remember Cornered Rat Studios also using it over 10 years ago for WWII Online.

It would just create a world of super-nations (may get boring)

I've generated a new '00_colonial_regions.txt' file that fills the world with colonial nations (based on trade nodes). That way if you start with few custom nations, wherever they colonize new colonial nations will form so the world will fill with so many new nations (provided there's no hard limit). Might make tomorrow release that extra bit more fun.

View attachment 00_colonial_regions.txt

eu4_3.png