Patch 1.11 - Dynamic Random Nations teaser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a chance you might make it possible to have longer names for custom nations? It's a bit disappointing that I can't write, for example, "Western Roman Empire" in its entirety.

Also being able to select NI sets that belong to the historical nations would be nice.

I wonder how this will work with plural names, like in History you'll have a sentence like "Where the London fought the Ile-de-France" which wouldn't make much sense. Paradox can't have added plural names for every province surely?...

Looks awesome though. Hope they fixed the permanent terra incognita bug.

In addition to bug fixes, we'll also be sprucing up the Nation Designer with some requested features such as the ability to add custom nations from a save (host can turn this off in MP) and the ability to write names and descriptions for your custom ideas.

I suggested this in a new thread I made a while ago. :)

Thanks guys, we're enjoying the nation designer but boy oh boy does it take a long time to set up! saving nations and randomising ideas will definitely make it worth doing again.

The real question(s) that this brings up is whether or not this system will be revamped to allow Patriot/Nationalist rebels to dynamically create their own tags instead of defecting to a random One Province Minor on the other side of the continent.

And whether this could be used to make Tribal Successions actually break up a massive horde thus letting us give the Hordes an actual ability to conquer.

And whether this could be incorporated into a revamped Colonial Nations system that would let us actually have some semblance of choice in how the Nations show up.

And whether or not any of this will ever be available for use in Event Scripting to let us dynamically call "create_random_tag_from_capital = this" or something similar to let us have interesting civil wars.