Patch 1.11 - Dynamic Random Nations teaser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When will the remaining pagan/non-abrahamic religions be added?
I'm particularily curious about Zoroastrianism, as a Zoroastrian Persia or a Parsee state game would be fun.

Will it eventually be possible to tweak existing nations? I'm thinking primarily of adjusting converted saves from CK2.

Can we get some presets for national ideas at some point? When you're making 20+ nations, giving them all unique ideas gets very tedious. It'd be great to cycle through a few presets like "merchant republic ideas" "colonial expander ideas" etc etc

So with dynamic random nations, the names in the German region will stay rather the same, given how many capital-named nation there are currently. :D

And the most important bug in 1.10: Will formed nation finally fly their proper revolutionary flags.

This is great. I stopped watching all the Lets plays on youtube that used the random world (which was pretty much ALL of them) as it hurt my brain and, in my opinion, made a farce of the game. These are great changes.

Will there be more emblem choice? Not essential but would be nice eventually.

Are you going to do something in the 00_cultures file again in the patch or can I safely update it in my mod?

I hate to barge in with yet another feature request, but will this patch perhaps add the ability to save idea sets for custom nations? When experimenting with the designer it's kind of a hassle to recreate an idea set I've already nailed down.

Will religion be randomized partially too, or will these random nations stick to the default religion of the capital?

Would like to see a bit of randomisation of religions, not to mess up the areas too much but to introduce a few of the minor religions more, like Norse and Jewish.

Procedural generation of EU4 will make the world appear much more alive, but I think it need's to lower some restrictions and maybe some additional systems to make it really an otherworldly but meaningful experience. Maybe more variations how religions are placed (for instance scandinavia orthodox), where HRE is (maybe sometime towards poland somtimes towards france region). Theres so many possibilites to make an dwarf fortressesque world building.

Yes! The sheer ugliness of seeing 'Ottomans' in China or a Swedish 'Mamluks' or Naples nowhere near Naples is the reason I'd never used the random setup feature. Having dynamic custom nations named after their capital is EXACTLY what I wanted.

Paradox, get out of my brain!

This looks great, but I would like the ability to start the game 100 or 200 years prior now. I realize that really gets into Crusader Kings II territory, but I have CKII and am not a fan of it. Since we can now break down nations like France, Sweden, Spain, Muscovy, etc into much smaller nations to start with (something I really like), then it would be nice to have a little extra time to re-build those nations while having additional time to gain admin power to core those provinces.

Can someone answer me this. Does creating custom nations disallow Iron Man mode? I would assume it does, but since it really does not change the overall game mechanic, I don't see why it should.

This looks great, but I would like the ability to start the game 100 or 200 years prior now. I realize that really gets into Crusader Kings II territory, but I have CKII and am not a fan of it. Since we can now break down nations like France, Sweden, Spain, Muscovy, etc into much smaller nations to start with (something I really like), then it would be nice to have a little extra time to re-build those nations while having additional time to gain admin power to core those provinces.

They've pretty much ruled out timeline extension in the past. There are mods for that, however.

Can someone answer me this. Does creating custom nations disallow Iron Man mode? I would assume it does, but since it really does not change the overall game mechanic, I don't see why it should.

Currently, it allows ironman, but not achievements. Wiz said they were considering more permissive ironman that would allows mods too, so the specifics may change with later patches (if not 1.11).

But can it randomise so that sometimes uncolonised land is colonised and land which starts colonised (such as Prague) is uncolonised? Or would this option ever be available?

If so then the possibilities would truly be endless. Realistically the Western tech nations could start in America and discover Europe.