Patch 1.11 - Dynamic Random Nations teaser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
The EU4 team is currently hard at work on the 1.11 bug fixing patch which we expect to release soon(tm).

In addition to bug fixes, we'll also be sprucing up the Nation Designer with some requested features such as the ability to add custom nations from a save (host can turn this off in MP) and the ability to write names and descriptions for your custom ideas.

We've also added a new option called 'Dynamic Random Nations'. By enabling this, the random nations mode will no longer use the historical nations such as France, Ming and so on, but rather will generate an entirely dynamic alt-history with nations named after their capitals. These nations will have randomly generated flags, ruler names and dynasties based off their culture, and will use a randomly generated set of custom ideas. This mode is meant for those who thought the normal random nations mode was just a bit too silly and want a slightly more serious (but still completely random) world. The original random nations mode with 'Historical' random nations is of course still available.

Enjoy this teaser shot of the Dynamic Random Nations mode and stay tuned for more news about the release of patch 1.11!

attachment.php

Attachments

• eu4_19.png
    eu4_19.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 17.335
Thank you sir!

Few quick (I hope) questions:

- Will the ability to level tech across the world (so random nations in china, Europe, and Africa are all the same tech) be enabled?

- Are you able to tell us what the changes will be to fix custom nation never getting discoveries/vision?

- Will this include any way to alter the actual provinces inside the nation itself, such as raising base tax, choosing trade goods, or adding a center of trade?

Custom nations not getting discoveries is fixed in 1.11.

How will it work? Just tied to tech group as per normal or something more elaborate? I kind of hope it's the latter, as there are situations where I'm picking a tech group because of its tech penalty not due ot any association between by custom nation and that part of the world - for example, I might want to be not that imaginative and create Vinland. When it comes to tech, isolated from Europe for the best part of half a millenium, they've fallen behind that continent, but they've kept some of their old knowledge from when they were vikings (e.g. decent metalwork etc.), and aren't as bad off as the natives. So, I'll compromise and go with Chinese, as a 50% penalty seems reasonable for the situation. Yet it wouldn't make much sense for me to suddenly see all of China...

The EU4 team is currently hard at work on the 1.11 bug fixing patch which we expect to release soon(tm).

In addition to bug fixes, we'll also be sprucing up the Nation Designer with some requested features such as the ability to add custom nations from a save (host can turn this off in MP) and the ability to write names and descriptions for your custom ideas.

We've also added a new option called 'Dynamic Random Nations'. By enabling this, the random nations mode will no longer use the historical nations such as France, Ming and so on, but rather will generate an entirely dynamic alt-history with nations named after their capitals. These nations will have randomly generated flags, ruler names and dynasties based off their culture, and will use a randomly generated set of custom ideas. This mode is meant for those who thought the normal random nations mode was just a bit too silly and want a slightly more serious (but still completely random) world. The original random nations mode with 'Historical' random nations is of course still available.

Enjoy this teaser shot of the Dynamic Random Nations mode and stay tuned for more news about the release of patch 1.11!

attachment.php

Nice, becouse the sameday you posted about random scenarios, i have talked about that. Maybe what I said was useful.
However another thing important about the nation scenarios is something to decide religion and culture of a province, becouse actually a random nation tend to use the culture and the religion of that area, instead to use the one the player give to them.

Also: Zoroastrism, and automatic discovery of TI.

I'll echo the others. I never doubted you would fix it, would you mind explaining how it's fixed?

I'm also truly curious if there is a map mode that will be available that basically sets the whole world as western (or free to be western), and if so, how it will work. Will this be possible in the map mode that clears earth and leaves only open land? Will it be possible to toggle tech groups off like (I believe you said) you will be able to toggle the HRE off? Something else?

If the answer is no, go away, America is primitive deal with it, I'll understand - please just tell me so!

Can that perhaps be put in a hotfix? That's kind of EXTREMELY important. I honestly can't imagine actually playing a custom nation without that. In my MP game I had to drop my custom nation since I couldn't even see the right side of Lithuania even after 1550.

For a full list of everything that was fixed you'll have to wait until 1.11 patchnotes are posted. The feature additions to ND are:

- Added option to add Custom Nations after loading Save Game.
- Added button for randomizing National Ideas.
- You can now change names and descriptions of your Custom National Ideas.
- Added economic map mode to lobby, useful primarily for Custom Nations.