Patch 1.11 - Dynamic Random Nations teaser

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For a full list of everything that was fixed you'll have to wait until 1.11 patchnotes are posted. The feature additions to ND are:

- Added option to add Custom Nations after loading Save Game.
- Added button for randomizing National Ideas.
- You can now change names and descriptions of your Custom National Ideas.
- Added economic map mode to lobby, useful primarily for Custom Nations.
Aww, so no option to choose various special unit model sets? Because I wanted to be able to use my colonial English models.
Dang, I was really hoping for railguns.

Could our mass drivers at least be Gauss in nature?
Well, mass driver usually implies either a rail gun or a coil (Gauss) gun when it's used in a sci-fi context.

Haha.... Rebel Sprites for Custom Nation. Here I thought my Black and red empire was legit.
I thought that, too - until my friend told me about how cool his armies look in red and black. Then I noticed something was amiss.

Aww, so no option to choose various special unit model sets? Because I wanted to be able to use my colonial English models.

There is a mod on Steam Workshop that adds this and other stuff. It'd be nice for "official" implementation, but, hey-ho.

Random new world, random nations, I like random so good for me.

There's one random option that's been lost in 1.10 however and that is the random nation button on the main menu. The ability to select a random nation to play at game start is still there. But once the game's been started this button is suddenly grayed out (together with the new custom nation button). A couple of excellent AARs have been written that used this button to randomly jump between nations after a variable amount of years, most notably Catknight's random world order: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?720594-Random-World-Order. I've greatly enjoyed this mode of playing and sadly this is no longer possible for no good reason (you can still manually select a different nation, so why not allow random). It would be small matter to re-enable the random nation button, so I'd like to request this for 1.11.

I'm guessing disabling it was not even intentional but just something that happened when the decision was made to disable the custom nation button after game start.

Last edited:
I'm very happy to see that you are going to deliver us new interesting featurs. But concerning new changes I have few questions:

1. Will players and AI be able to form old tags (such as France, England, Spain) in Dynamic Random Nations world? I'm in favour of it.
2. Will you deliver us option to edit existing historical nations? I'd like to give a try land-focused England and peaceful trade-oriented France.
3. Have you thought about your tools as an excellent mean of manual and quick correction of CK2 Converter inaccuracies?

I would like it, if costum nations would be able to become a cultural union without tag-switch. Let´s say if it owns 75% of the non-colonial provinces of that culture group.

There's no real reason to restrict this to custom nations.

If Burgundy wipes France off the map, they should be able to declare themselves the home of all French, without having to become your own former enemy.

Fixes for the nation designer are worthless, since the feature is worthless. Hopefully, most of the changes are thus bug fixes, otherwise it is again a worthless update (like 1.10).

Awesome, though I am still hoping we'll see more Ledger statistics on patch 1.20 or later :p

Fixes for the nation designer are worthless, since the feature is worthless. Hopefully, most of the changes are thus bug fixes, otherwise it is again a worthless update (like 1.10).

Fortunately nobody cares about your evaluation.

BTW, I also don't have El Dorado and nation designer.

I wish there was an option choice only to randomize overseas provinces in base tax and manpower, while leaving the Old World historical, rather than the current all-or-nothing approach.

Would it be feasable for 1.11?

To be completely honest, I find it very unfortunate that Paradox is devoting so much time and resources towards the nation designer. I understand that there are many people who like it, but it seems that there are so many other things that could be worked on and added to EU IV. To spend so much time on one feature that many people, especially those who like the "historical" part of historical strategy games, won't ever really use is kind of disappointing.

I hope the launcher crashes are fixed. Never had any problems before 1.10

Also I hope nudge gets fixed - can not use nudge currently if the El Dorado DLC is selected - results in a instant crash. Also the long time crash on exit of nudge needs to be on someone's list to fix. Patch after patch leaves this broken.

If they're putting this much time into it, it's because their metrics show a lot of people use it. To add to that, at the moment it's incomplete and bugged and it's in their interest to fix it. The only thing they're adding here is the whole "Random Custom Nations" in a random game,