• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Greetings Crusaders!

The time has come for another Hotfix! While this particular Hotfix centered primarily on fixing bugs and addressing issues, we definitely wanted to keep you all in the loop and informed to changes happening in the game.

Please make sure you continue to report any issues you might find and provide us with your feedback, thoughts, and suggestions so that we can continue to improve the game for us all.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixed some crashes during gameplay that occurred in certain edge-cases
- Fixed a startup crash for CPUs with less than 4 logical cores that was introduced in the 1.1 patch
- Fix some cases when border wouldn't update properly and stay around in a permanent state
- Lowered the thresholds for graphical army quality, more of the spectrum appear now
- Opinion of liege now shows the correct name for the tooltip in the vassals tab in the character window
- Fixed combat predictions getting increasingly inaccurate the more men at arms are involved
- Fixed Fertility acceptance modifiers in marriages/betrothals incorrectly claiming that fertile men were infertile
- Fixed the AI being happy to accept betrothals that would ultimately lead to no children, as the woman would have passed the fertility threshold age before the man comes of age (with a 2 year margin)
- The Carolingian Consolidation achievement should now be available when launching the game from the Paradox Store
- Fixed an issue that could cause one letter realm names to be displayed upside down

• 91Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
- Fixed combat predictions getting increasingly inaccurate the more men at arms are involved
I hope that fixes the AI not wanting to jump into really large battles. About 85% of the time the AI army will happily follow me into engagements, but that remaining 15% it'll just move/cancel in adjacent territories while I'm fighting a crusade stack at 20k vs 30k and the AI's 25k army would've easily made the difference. Since the AI logic generally works, I'm assuming inaccurate combat predictions were messing with their willingness to get involved.

• 9Like
Reactions:
I hope that fixes the AI not wanting to jump into really large battles. About 85% of the time the AI army will happily follow me into engagements, but that remaining 15% it'll just move/cancel in adjacent territories while I'm fighting a crusade stack at 20k vs 30k and the AI's 25k army would've easily made the difference. Since the AI logic generally works, I'm assuming inaccurate combat predictions were messing with their willingness to get involved.

Always wondered why the AI did that and this must be the answer then, didn't cross my mind at all. Logically and hopefully, this will fix it.

Reactions:
Thank you! Or, should I say, thank ṇ. No, dammit, thank Ü.

• 26Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
This is purely a UI thing - the AI does not use the prediction logic from this UI element. That said, we're working on making the AI support battles better in general for the next bigger patch (no ETA on it yet). In the meantime, providing saves in the bug forums with situations where the AI really should but doesn't support a battle would be fantastic. Especially in instances like these, as it might be caused by some specific edge-case.

I'm guessing this one is save-game compatible too right?
Yes

Still no achievements fix? How hard can it be to fix so that "Starting as Character X" would work? :(
We should have fixed the 'starting as' achievements in the 1.1 patch, or are you referring to something else?

Nice!
Anything big planned? I mean not just bug-fix. Something changing, enhancing the gameplay.
Maybe...

• 23Like
  • 8Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
This is purely a UI thing - the AI does not use the prediction logic from this UI element. That said, we're working on making the AI support battles better in general for the next bigger patch (no ETA on it yet). In the meantime, providing saves in the bug forums with situations where the AI really should but doesn't support a battle would be fantastic. Especially in instances like these, as it might be caused by some specific edge-case.

Yes

We should have fixed the 'starting as' achievements in the 1.1 patch, or are you referring to something else?

Maybe...
oh paradox, how long will you tease us.

Still no achievements fix? How hard can it be to fix so that "Starting as Character X" would work? :(
The bug in the save routine that caused those to become invalid upon loading was fixed in 1.1
Of course they do not retroactively fix those in older savegames. Trying to do that would just cause 10 times as many followup errors. It would be positively madness to try it!

Reactions:
However, I would like to report some problems with Chinese localization that have existed since version 1.1.

This thread isn't for bug reports, so your issues might be missed if you don't report them in the dedicated bug forum!
Head over here and make a report with what you wrote here, and it'll be picked up by QA!

• 1Like
Reactions: