• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am finally gonna be able to play CK3 again this weekend, so I am really happy you guys pushed out this hotfix so quickly!

Reactions:
Any plans to tackle mechanics where you can avoid partition by assigning a distinct title-specific gender law to a title? Or this design is fully intended.
After 1.1 patch, if the title-specific law is the same as realm law it will be partitioned normally. But now you can just use a slightly distinct title-specific gender law to get it partitioned separately thus your primary heir will get all major titles above county level.

e.g
if you have male-preference realm law, can assign male-only law on your titles.
if you have male-only realm law, can assign male-preference law on your titles.

So you can still do the same thing as before the patch, I guess with added risk and quirk involved (if you can't get a heir that fit both laws) which is makes it not as broken as before. But it's still a cheap way to keep major titles away from getting partitioned before you get access to High Partition/House Seniority. But if the dev think that it is intended by design and is good enough to historically represent what happened in the past then ok I guess.

I'm guessing it isn't per se, but might be iffy to fix, particularly when involving cultures that allow for Equal gender succession in gender dominated faiths, since you could have a primary heir that qualifies for the gender-only title succession, but additional heirs that should be getting the other titles due to Equal succession but wouldn't qualify for the altered ones, and it would probably take a lot of coding for the game to figure out how to distribute titles fairly in that scenario.

Reactions:
I'm guessing it isn't per se, but might be iffy to fix, particularly when involving cultures that allow for Equal gender succession in gender dominated faiths, since you could have a primary heir that qualifies for the gender-only title succession, but additional heirs that should be getting the other titles due to Equal succession but wouldn't qualify for the altered ones, and it would probably take a lot of coding for the game to figure out how to distribute titles fairly in that scenario.

I guess I understand what you mean. What they already doing here might be the best compromise if they want to keep gender law both in realm law and title-specific law.

Reactions:
Anyone else not able to excommunicate people after the update?? I have some mods installed, but I tried with everything disabled and still can't :(
Is there anything that could cause me to not be able to excommunicate? Any traits or something like that? I am HoF and have the communion tenet....

EDIT: Not sure if it's since 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, I started the game on 1.1.1 and only recently got the ability to excommunicate (in theory)!

- Fixed male/female dominated doctrine blocking all claims for the other sex, rather than just implicit claims. The behavior should now be identical to how it was previously.
- Fixed tyranny being gained from rightful revocations when you had a claim on the title in question

Nice, these were my 2 glaring issues with the otherwise great patch 1.1.

Reactions:
Anybody else seeing achievements unavailable with 1.1.2?

Reactions:
Under Linux, I can no longer see the console after patches 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

It's not that the console doesn't work at all. The hotkey allows me to type console commands, but the window is never visible, so I can't even see what I'm typing, but only the effects after I hit <Enter> (e.g. "die" command kills my character).

Reverting to version 1.0.3 makes the window appear again, so it really seems to be something related to the update.

EDIT: Just found that console window is not the only one affected. If I try to open settings window during game play, nothing shows up (but I'm guessing it is there, juust not visible). Maybe there are other windows affected?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks! I hope the next hotfix will address the borders not updating bug.

Agreed. Currently having to close the game down and restart (from desktop) after each war to update the borders, which isn't horrendous (since the game starts up in less than a minute for me) but a bit irritating for those whose games take longer to load, I would imagine!

Reactions:
Thanks for the new patch. By the way, the console from debug mode still invisible (but working) for Ubuntu/Linux players.

The problem started with the 1.1.1 update.

Reactions: