• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a detailed changelog for 1.05? I do not mean the list of improvements but rather a comprehensive list of what specifically got changed in each file. I took a brief look at several of the dozens upon dozens of files that have been updated, but I did not see any "# comment" mentioning "updated for 1.05" or any other indications of what got changed. It is fantastic that the developers continue to enhance the game, and from the change control log it looks like 1.05 will be superior to 1.04 in many ways. However, for the sake of people who have spent quite a bit of time modding previous versions of AoD, it would have been nice to see the devs take the time to insert comments in the text file as they changed them to indicate specifically what they had done.

Sadly, there seems to be no such changelog. I've already asked the devs to add some comments to the event files so that modders can easily find the changed events. Therefore I was only able to detect the changes made to the event files by using the program winmerge which is able to mark the differences of two files. That is time-consuming but I don't know of a faster way to update modded files. But since I've to update also all the (350+) ai files which I already had adapted to the E3 map I can't promise the E3 map users a fast update to v1.05. :(

Hey,

Just a quick question: does italy still start with dozens of light-tank bridages (circa 1943 technology)?

I have quickly skimmed through the italian 1.05 scenario file: they don't have any light tank brigades but they have (7) armored cars instead. ;)

Last edited:
They used to have some in the beta's, but not anymore.

But I don't understand why the technology doesn't come much earlier.
Light tank brigades working with infantry more seems a doctrine issue, than the requirement of certain advanced technologies. So any light armor, wether 1918 or 1943 technology, should be able to work with infantry...
I will probably mod this.

I've already modded it, for HoI2:AA. Light Tank Brigades start out at tankette level. It actually makes the game a lot harder as Germany as suddenly the french and brits add a tinsy bit more muscle too their divisions. Italy gets a bit more punch early on, but by 1940 is fairly useless (unless it devoted ICs to upgrading the light tank brigades).

Question #2: GamersGate does not have patch 1.05. How else can I get it. Actually, I know how I can get it but I'm not in the business of using torrents!

- MVSN

EDIT - Errr...never mind (sorry for not reading the first post):

Patch 1.05 Released
Patch 1.05 has been officially released by the AoD Development Team.

It will be distributed via the portals in the coming days and the loader will be updated as well.

You can grab your copy of 1.05 right now here.

When are you going to change those crappy French/British/SU surrender events like you promised to do when the game first came out????
1.06? :p

When are you going to change those crappy French/British/SU surrender events like you promised to do when the game first came out????

Many mods are doing so, it should not be so difficult to get commitment from their developers to share their work, most already are offering it.

A good first step would be to remove the surrender events from the various national event files and to put them in separate surrender files. I was hoping that they already had done this for 1.05. If we had separate surrender event files we could use the surrender mod of our choice. ;)

AI, better surrender events would be nice.
I am personally looking for some reward for Italy and/or Nationalist Spain if they actively fight France, and not just Corsica, Nice and the other province on the border.
Maybe some part of Tunesia or Algeria to Italy, or the Pyrenees and some Morocco for Spain.

What if you are unsure how to unpack the new and overwrite the old files? Thats what I am getting at. Because of my incompetence I rely on a bit of customer service.

I you fear to destroy your installed game by overwriting its main files it seems to be better to use a program like JSGME which is originally a mod inabler but can easily be used for the - temporary! - installation of patches. For more info about JSGME see here.