• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Windows UAC issue..

2 Solutions:
1) run game as administrator
2) install game in folder different than C:/Programfiles

Or just turn UAC off

Problem installing...way too much IC

I think that I have a problem installing....

I unzip the download and then place it in the "Arsenal of Democracy" folder.
But when I try run scenarios all countries have way too much IC (thousands of IC).

What is the correct destination for the unzipped files?

Checksum

Have reloaded twice from scratch, with 1.05 ontop of 1.04, get Checksum of KX0S, is this ok?

History -

1. bought&downloaded base from IGN - Checksum = XUWR

2. Patch 1.04 via GG - Checksum = INVL

3. Coldwar_ModernDay_Extension_AOD_0_16

4. Patch 1.05 via link in 1st post - Checksum = RHNH

at this point could not load any saved scenarios - game not responding could only stop via Windows Task Manager (AoD not responding) - running Windows 7 game directory in root NOT program Files.

5. Removed installation via control Panel & deleted residual files.

6. Re-installed base

7. Patch 1.04

8. Patch 1.05 via link in 1st post - Checksum = KX0S

intend re-installing Coldwar_ModernDay_Extension_AOD_0_16 if OK

any advice plse?

Have reloaded twice from scratch, with 1.05 ontop of 1.04, get Checksum of KX0S, is this ok?
intend re-installing Coldwar_ModernDay_Extension_AOD_0_16 if OK

any advice plse?

I would still wait for awhile before installing any mods. There might be some problems and you should wait for the V1.05 compatible versions.

Good news!

Is there already a planned focus for any future version?
And if yes, how can we help you?

+1

Many thanks for the new patch!

I'm also quite curious which suggestions from the wishlist we might get with the next update. :)

Still looking for a complete list of this. With the absence of a good Wiki, AoD documentation is actually quite lacking, and a lot of stuff is more community knowledge without anything written down...

What kind of detail would you want? Most of it is not really stuff that would appear in any manual, anyway. Exempli gratia:

- Several changes were made to misc.txt, partly enabled by engine changes; the way that unit-carried stockpiles are factored has changed and the values for usage when stationary/moving/fighting have been added and tweaked, as has the stock level factor.

- For Japan/China balance a lot had to do with Japan going all-out to annexe China without building a navy. This depended on the AI file build factors and AI event parsing that describes when AI Japan switches AI files - these have been tweaked by changing several numbers in the events files.

In short - lots of very small changes that will mean nothing to the average player, but which change the 'texture' of how the AI plays to give a more interesting game (I hope!).

I'm very interested in a detailed list of all those small changes. :) A list of the files which have actually been changed would be suffice so that I can start a quick conversion of my already to the E3 map adapted ai (and scenario and event) files. Thanks!

changelog?

Is there a detailed changelog for 1.05? I do not mean the list of improvements but rather a comprehensive list of what specifically got changed in each file. I took a brief look at several of the dozens upon dozens of files that have been updated, but I did not see any "# comment" mentioning "updated for 1.05" or any other indications of what got changed. It is fantastic that the developers continue to enhance the game, and from the change control log it looks like 1.05 will be superior to 1.04 in many ways. However, for the sake of people who have spent quite a bit of time modding previous versions of AoD, it would have been nice to see the devs take the time to insert comments in the text file as they changed them to indicate specifically what they had done.