Patch 1.05 beta it is a disaster

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And yet amazingly little is done. I’ve only been watching since the release.

Remember that we pass on everything, that doesn't mean it can or will be implemented or that it may take some time to put out certain changes. Bug fixes are mostly a top priority right now. I mostly wanted to correct you on "pretend to take note of your comment" since that just isn't true.

Is there something that you yourself in particular feel hasn't been changed/updated/fixed? Or is there something you'd like to see implimented?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Remember that we pass on everything, that doesn't mean it can or will be implemented or that it may take some time to put out certain changes. Bug fixes are mostly a top priority right now. I mostly wanted to correct you on "pretend to take note of your comment" since that just isn't true.

Is there something that you yourself in particular feel hasn't been changed/updated/fixed? Or is there something you'd like to see implimented?
I have been watching this feedback process since day one. I will hold to my comment that you state feedback is constantly being processed but the evidence of its effectiveness is a game that is heavily criticized by the vast majority of individuals who paid to play it and professional reviewers who say it is half baked at best.

Stop telling us what a great job they are doing, show us.

regarding my own feedback, it has been voluminous and handed to Maezza personally. Waste. Of. Time.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I have been watching this feedback process since day one. I will hold to my comment that you state feedback is constantly being processed but the evidence of its effectiveness is a game that is heavily criticized by the vast majority of individuals who paid to play it and professional reviewers who say it is half baked at best.

Stop telling us what a great job they are doing, show us.

regarding my own feedback, it has been voluminous and handed to Maezza personally. Waste. Of. Time.

Taking and passing on feedback =/= immediate changes. There's a process involved, and yes, it can be frustrating how slow it may seem but at the end of the day, to say because you feel it's slow means your feedback hasn't been listened to is incorrect.

If substantial patch notes aren't enough to 'show' the work that's going on, I'm genuinely interested in what else you'd like the team to do.

I'm sorry that you feel providing feedback was a waste of time, but that doesn't mean it wasn't accepted, read and passed onto the team.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Taking and passing on feedback =/= immediate changes. There's a process involved, and yes, it can be frustrating how slow it may seem but at the end of the day, to say because you feel it's slow means your feedback hasn't been listened to is incorrect.

If substantial patch notes aren't enough to 'show' the work that's going on, I'm genuinely interested in what else you'd like the team to do.

I'm sorry that you feel providing feedback was a waste of time, but that doesn't mean it wasn't accepted, read and passed onto the team.
I have worked on multiple games. I know the process.

I repeat my previous comment. I understand you are required to refute my comment. I am given the choice of believing your excuse or trusting my own eyes as to what they have witnessed since day 1 of this games disappointing release.

We can keep chasing the dogs tail discussing theoretical feedback and response processes. Or the Romero’s can fix their game. You can guess which result I desire.

Last edited:
To make this project better, it takes time. It is not possible to expect miracles to those who cannot do miracles. The game is simply not complete in all its aspects.

I believe that some things had to be reworked (interface, management of the economic system, and gameplay because it was too repetitive) but, what remains was not to be thrown away. I think it is better to focus on the truly lacking aspects ...

I'll be completely honest, the game is good, I'm loving it. BUT, that doesn't mean it is better than before or can't be any better. First of all, I feel like you are trying to make the game less gory and "violent" and implement modern ideals into it, wich is good if done correctly, but right now all that's happening is the immersion getting destroyed mercilessly. I'll list my thoughts on what I think could have been done better:

- Being a member of the LGBT+ community, I am thrilled that the game includes same sex lovers and romance. However, that doesn't mean it was openly accepted in that era (especially in mafias and gangs), I would've loved to see a more accurate depiction. For example not making it obvious and giving hints in the lore and dialogues.

- Violence is to be expected in games like this. I don't play a war game and not expect to see blood the same way I expected violence, cruelty and just plain gore when I got into this game. I love the events about crew members having to deal with the repercussions of such violence. I hope to see more of that and not less. (Please don't scrap the execution option. Remember that what brought Al Capone down was his execution of rival Irish gang members. It is quintessential to the lore).

- Weapons, alright, this is the controversial bit. I paid for the full pack and I EXPECT to have my shiny golden pistol for my sweet Goldie (Also Al's fur coat is so sassy). So, yes, if you take them away it will be a breach of trust. Also, why can't I trade for Regan's pistol anymore? Do I have to kill him to get it? If so, that is absolutely great. It's a bit unrealistic to be able to trade for other boss's fetish weapons, especially since we are their enemies. Weapon system is good but unbalanced, by the time we get to max it out, most players would've already finished the game. So yeah, remember that you implemented diplomacy fairly well, so going guns blazing isn't the only option.

And most of all, in your quest for perfecting the gameplay don't neglect the lore, dialogues, side quests and story quests specific to each Boss. In this type of game, it has a lot of pull. I originally bought this just because Goldie is a BAMF and I love her. Also Jackson is such a sweetheart (his dialogue options are great, especially if you know the story of the bosses he's talking to), I encourage those that didn't try him to do so. So yeah, expect players to pick up on that sort of detail.

Edit: Forgot to say: how do you explain not being able to promote a lieutenant into an advisor/underboss? It broke the lore so hard I heard it crack. Do I have to unassign them before repromoting them? What logic is that? Not to forget that when you demote them from the lieutenant position they lose loyalty, and can even leave your crew in worst cases? All of this because I wanted to promote a lieutenant... Into an advisor, wich technically is a higher position. (End of rant)

Last but not least, thank you for the community managers. I've been there and it's not an easy job, you're basically a catch all for every issue players have with the game, and sometimes they don't express them in the most eloquent or just plain polite ways.

Love you all, have fun. ♥️

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I'll be completely honest, the game is good, I'm loving it. BUT, that doesn't mean it is better than before or can't be any better. First of all, I feel like you are trying to make the game less gory and "violent" and implement modern ideals into it, wich is good if done correctly, but right now all that's happening is the immersion getting destroyed mercilessly. I'll list my thoughts on what I think could have been done better:

- Being a member of the LGBT+ community, I am thrilled that the game includes same sex lovers and romance. However, that doesn't mean it was openly accepted in that era (especially in mafias and gangs), I would've loved to see a more accurate depiction. For example not making it obvious and giving hints in the lore and dialogues.

- Violence is to be expected in games like this. I don't play a war game and not expect to see blood the same way I expected violence, cruelty and just plain gore when I got into this game. I love the events about crew members having to deal with the repercussions of such violence. I hope to see more of that and not less. (Please don't scrap the execution option. Remember that what brought Al Capone down was his execution of rival Irish gang members. It is quintessential to the lore).

- Weapons, alright, this is the controversial bit. I paid for the full pack and I EXPECT to have my shiny golden pistol for my sweet Goldie (Also Al's fur coat is so sassy). So, yes, if you take them away it will be a breach of trust. Also, why can't I trade for Regan's pistol anymore? Do I have to kill him to get it? If so, that is absolutely great. It's a bit unrealistic to be able to trade for other boss's fetish weapons, especially since we are their enemies. Weapon system is good but unbalanced, by the time we get to max it out, most players would've already finished the game. So yeah, remember that you implemented diplomacy fairly well, so going guns blazing isn't the only option.

And most of all, in your quest for perfecting the gameplay don't neglect the lore, dialogues, side quests and story quests specific to each Boss. In this type of game, it has a lot of pull. I originally bought this just because Goldie is a BAMF and I love her. Also Jackson is such a sweetheart (his dialogue options are great, especially if you know the story of the bosses he's talking to), I encourage those that didn't try him to do so. So yeah, expect players to pick up on that sort of detail.

Edit: Forgot to say: how do you explain not being able to promote a lieutenant into an advisor/underboss? It broke the lore so hard I heard it crack. Do I have to unassign them before repromoting them? What logic is that? Not to forget that when you demote them from the lieutenant position they lose loyalty, and can even leave your crew in worst cases? All of this because I wanted to promote a lieutenant... Into an advisor, wich technically is a higher position. (End of rant)

Last but not least, thank you for the community managers. I've been there and it's not an easy job, you're basically a catch all for every issue players have with the game, and sometimes they don't express them in the most eloquent or just plain polite ways.

You have to love the optimism.

Paradox as a game company is well known for making very good games with a minor flaw: they are incredibly complicated out of the box programming wise and it takes a few DLC to balance it all out. I have optimism that will be the case and at the end of the day this will be a rather engaging experience.

Thank you so much for all the feedback and suggestions Odil! ♥ I'll be sure to pass them onto the team!

I feel like I've said this a lot today but if you can, join our next Q&A on Discord, we don't have a date yet for the next one but when we do it'll be announced on our social media. You've got some great questions and I've love to put those towards the devs.

Thank you EoS community, you've had some fantastic questions that would be amazing to put forward. :)

+1. I really like the idea of lots of violence (especially with heavy weapons) bringing lots of heat from the police at the least and/or having a big, immediate impact on neighborhood prosperity. I'm hoping this is something that is adjustable via mods, too, since different players will have different preferences for what feels right,

Check this out and support if you want this changed. I see you're pro LGBT but acknowledge how it really does not fit into this game. I respect your opinion and the suggestion of hinting and dialogues but also notices you did not push for more or to keep this "lovers" feature in the game. Nothing wrong with that for the sake of accuracy of the era this mafia/gangster theme and accuracy. I say just leave it out the game in general. Please feel free to read :)