Patch 1.0.3. Out now! Checksum [935c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after the patch I don't think inheritance works correctly. I am the King of Frisia, no sons, 1 daughter, 1 half brother. He is my vassal and we have the same father from whom we inherited our titles. Succession law is male-preference, confederate partition. Why is my daughter my heir and not my half-brother? This is a major problem because I cannot marry off my daughter for an alliance.

I could disinherited her but what a waste.

Reactions:
by the way ironmane saves that are displayed as from another version-loaded, but it is not clear whether the achievements will work

Just to clarify, are you saying it is WAD that male-preference means daughter inherits before uncles?

Guess I have no choice but to disinherit. Can you do that once she has been married off?

Imperator Rome dropped mana in patch 1.1, eu4 emperor first patch dropped ability to drop reform desireif not papal states. Paradox has gone back on their game designs a few times now
Don't know about EU4, but what you're saying about Imperator is wrong. They dropped mana in 1.2, and let's remember that this isn't a 1.1 for CK3, just a simple hotfix. I'm saying these things because se should all remember that reworking this kind of stuff takes more time and in this faith patience should be a virtue.
But you're right that it's not unprecedent

Reactions:
Even after the patch I don't think inheritance works correctly. I am the King of Frisia, no sons, 1 daughter, 1 half brother. He is my vassal and we have the same father from whom we inherited our titles. Succession law is male-preference, confederate partition. Why is my daughter my heir and not my half-brother? This is a major problem because I cannot marry off my daughter for an alliance.

She is your daughter, she is your child. She inherits first before your brother.

Reactions:
Please consider fixing religion in the next patch. Catholicism is almost ubplayable because of the way fervor and conversion work. It is currently way too prone to heresy and because fervor is always so low you can never convert any of your provinces. Unreformed pagans can convert you in like a year and it takes 20 for you to convert them. Also, please bring back missionaries or at least put pressure on unreformed pagan rulers to convert to Christianity or Islam based on their geographic location.

Reactions:

That's working perfectly fine. Male children inherit before daughters under male-preference, which I'm assuming you have as a catholic. It would go to your half-brother if you followed a religion which was male-only.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just to clarify, are you saying it is WAD that male-preference means daughter inherits before uncles?
Yes. Primogeniture considers all your descendants before any of your siblings.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Appreciating your sympathy! I had just stabilized Mali and was about to reform my faith when it happened. About 4.5 hours wasted :(
That sucks, man. :(

Any way to continue a cloud ironman off of cloud?
Hopefully Paradox can do something. How do you stop cloud saves?
Unfortunately I don't know of a way. :( When you start an iron man game and pick the name for your save game there is a checkbox for saving to the cloud or not, and I just deselected it when I first started the game.

Reactions:
by the way ironmane saves that are displayed as from another version-loaded, but it is not clear whether the achievements will work
Press Escape while you are in the game, then click "Achievements." The window that pops up should say "Available" in green under the "Achievements" text in that window (not the same text you clicked to get the window to appear).

Press Escape while you are in the game, then click "Achievements." The window that pops up should say "Available" in green under the "Achievements" text in that window (not the same text you clicked to get the window to appear).
I took a screenshot:
Achievement Status in Ironman.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think it would be really helpful for the community to get some dev word on the Tanistry/Partition interaction, as the tutorial is funneling players into Tanistry and they're getting some really weird results (like keeping the Kingdom but losing the capital County). Is this bugged? Is it WAD but confusing?
It's bugged, and we're working on the issue.

Doesn't seem to be the case sometimes. When my first character died (Irish Duke), his granddaughter via his first (deceased) son became Player Heir while his second son became House Head. The second son was also a Duke after succession (Confed Partition created it) so maybe that had something to do with it? In any case, House Head definitely does not always follow Player Heir.
There's an occasional bug with that, and we're working on it.
Ooh, you should definitely report that on the Bug Report forum. Sounds like it might be similar to whatever is going on with House Head passing to someone who isn't the main heir - "special" titles that should always follow main heir are not.
We're looking into an issue like that.

Your kids in male-preference go ahead of your siblings or parents. That's working correctly.

• 8Like
Reactions:
I'm sorry but the idea of the crash reporter crashing almost made me spit water all over my monitor

• 11Haha
Reactions:
@Meneth

I don't yet fully understand all these succession law variants so I just wanted to ask: is there a succession law which passes from brother to bother within the same immediate family (dynasty, I think) but not outside of your specific dynasty (so not to other branches of your house)?

In CK II I used to like the idea of Seniority but I didn't like how it became unwieldly the larger your dynasty got, so often titles went to obscure relatives you had nothing to do with.

I like to have the succession pass from brother to brother, then to the eldest brother's sons in order, and so on. For example, I used to like playing as Denmark and playing through all of Svend's sons (he about 15) in order, until the youngest died.

Does this form of Seniority exist?

• 2Like
Reactions:
There's an occasional bug with that, and we're working on it.
As a temporary workaround for the issue with dynasty/house head not inheriting properly, is there a console command to make the player character the head of the dynasty/house?

Also, is High Crown Authority supposed to stop Partition from removing counties from your realm? Because I ran into a situation where two of my counties (one of which was my realm capital) went to my dying character's grandson instead of the chosen Tanist, and as the grandson held the title for Lucca, those provinces became independent from the Kingdom of Ireland.

Reactions:
great to see the update to succession system. Would you be able to look at the problem that culture-specific succession rules (like Czech Seniority) is applied to other titles that those guys hold (like Czech ruler holding Kingdom of Hungary, suddenly gets a huge bonus that Hungary also gets Seniority)?

See https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ave-house-seniority-rule-super-early.1416126/
This is WAD, Czech culture has a unique innovation that allows them to change their succession law to House Seniority regardless of their other innovations or laws.

Reactions:
@Meneth

I don't yet fully understand all these succession law variants so I just wanted to ask: is there a succession law which passes from brother to bother within the same immediate family (dynasty, I think) but not outside of your specific dynasty (so not to other branches of your house)?

In CK II I used to like the idea of Seniority but I didn't like how it became unwieldly the larger your dynasty got, so often titles went to obscure relatives you had nothing to do with.

I like to have the succession pass from brother to brother, then to the eldest brother's sons in order, and so on. For example, I used to like playing as Denmark and playing through all of Svend's sons (he about 15) in order, until the youngest died.

Does this form of Seniority exist?
That doesn't exist, no.
However, it's worth noting that the House Seniority law only passes your realm within your house. That should get far less unwieldy than in CK2, since your house tends to stay smaller as branches split off as cadet houses.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.