Patch 1.0.3. Out now! Checksum [935c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is both. You're playing a useless word game. The error is that they make use of boats incorrectly by spamming them for no reason.
Which is an AI issue, which are much harder to fix than succession bugs.

Hence why they didn't make us wait until it was fixed internally before releasing the fix for another major bug (and one that had been spotted pre-release but post-code-freeze, so one they've probably had fixed and bug-tested for a while now).

• 10Like
Reactions:
It is both. You're playing a useless word game. The error is that they make use of boats incorrectly by spamming them for no reason.
using terms the devs can understand is hardly useless. If there's a boat misuse, then it should be reported, and fixed by the devs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Which is an AI issue, which are much harder to fix than succession bugs.

Hence why they didn't make us wait until it was fixed internally before releasing the fix for another major bug (and one that had been spotted pre-release but post-code-freeze, so one they've probably had fixed and bug-tested for a while now).
I realize it will take time to fix. I'm not tef. I simply replied to the people who somehow think boat spam is not an issue.

Reactions:
funny the guy that havent even played that game and dont understand what boat spam means and how it's an issue is talking about others not understanding. stop posting please
Good idea. Report the problem, with saves, and a *clear* description. In the bug forum.
They'll add it to the list of issues, and sort it in what they consider a priority order.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hey

I'm playing on Ironman for Achievements but when I go into my load screen it says different version. Will I still get achievements with this?

Thanks.

Voice

• 1Like
Reactions:
I saw this & was just about to get upset that my game would be ruined, when I see there is already an option to play with the original version 1.02 on steam. Well done. Used to be a big bugbear in early CK2.
I'm playing on Ironman for Achievements but when I go into my load screen it says different version. Will I still get achievements with this?

I'd also like an answer for this... I'd assume you should be able to continue an Ironman save with this patch, but can we get some dev confirmation of that?

Also, how long should it take for succession in a 1.0.2 save to update to the 1.0.3 version? One month ingame? Until someone in the line of succession dies? Would be helpful to know when it recalculates, so we don't have a bunch of spurious "it didn't work" messages.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Succession was clearly and straightforwardly defective in ways that were making Really Bad Things happen.

Boat spam is a balance and AI behaviour issue to which a variety of approaches are valid and which does not require a super-urgent fix the way "wtf why is my mother the heir to the male-preference titles I inherited from my father when I have two living uncles?" and friends did.
i would say having the AI bankrupt itself and having constant disembark penalty and losing every war is a bit higher priority than you believe.

Reactions:
Rewrote the order of succession system.
This fixes a variety of issue related to succession. Some examples include half-siblings from the wrong parent inheriting, distant relatives not inheriting, and some issues with who would inherit land in partition.
Will this require a new game? Because it does not fix the succession issue I was having, where I'm not getting my realm capital, due to what I think is a weird intersection of Partition and Tanistry. I let it run until a few days after a new year, no changes. Bug thread here.

Reactions:
Was something changed in a question of House Head line of succession?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also, how long should it take for succession in a 1.0.2 save to update to the 1.0.3 version? One month ingame? Until someone in the line of succession dies? Would be helpful to know when it recalculates, so we don't have a bunch of spurious "it didn't work" messages.
Opening your succession view or hovering over your primary title both force a succession recalc, so it should update immediately.

Will this require a new game? Because it does not fix the succession issue I was having, where I'm not getting my realm capital, due to what I think is a weird intersection of Partition and Tanistry. I let it run until a few days after a new year, no changes. Bug thread here.
It does not require a new game. That bug sounds like something that would be unaffected by the changes we made in this patch.

Was something changed in a question of House Head line of succession?
House Head continues to follow the Player Heir succession.

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So, whenever it's not a case it's a bug?
Yeah.

Be aware that Dynasty Head succession is separate from House Head though. The Dynasty Head is the strongest House Head, and can take up to a year to update.

Reactions:
I know saves should be compatible, but would the former succession issues remain in saved games and we should start a new one to get the issue solved, or the issues should be solved even in games started before the update?

Reactions:
[935c] :eek: 936 start date confirmed? :eek:

Nah, Its probably my brain overreacting to some random numbers. Might just be a coincidence ... Unless if ...

• 9Haha
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Any word on the bug where achievements that require you to start as certain characters are not firing when you meet the requirements? It's not a huge deal gameplay wise but it would be nice to know if those saves will be able to get the achievement once its fixed or if you would need to start all over again.

Question, in my current game under the previous patch, I encountered a problem. I had one empire and five kingdoms. Scandinavian succession. All had my heir as first in line, only family was elegible. But when my emperor died, two of the kingdoms was inherited by outsiders not of my dynasty. One was even Russian and as far as I know not my vassal prior to this. Is this something that is fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.