Patch 1.0.3. Out now! Checksum [935c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I am very satisfied with CK3. I was especially happy when I discovered the rather original coat of arms of Jüterbog.

Therefore I would like to make a cheeky but historically relevant suggestion: Please put in the starting year 1066 the dynasty Askanien ( Adalbert with sister Adelheid ) with county Wolkenstein and Vogtland to their true roots to Halberstadt and Blankenburg. The local family of the Brunonen with Ekbert at the head can live very well in Wolkenstein and Vogtland. The dynasty Askanien has its origin in the region of Aschersleben.

Reactions:
That doesn't exist, no.
However, it's worth noting that the House Seniority law only passes your realm within your house. That should get far less unwieldy than in CK2, since your house tends to stay smaller as branches split off as cadet houses.
Thank you.

If you could somehow patch in brother-to-brother succession at some point that would be great!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
There seems to be a problem with 1.0.3 and Ironman. Once you Resume (possibly also load) a game for the first time in 1.0.3, your game appears to revert to non-Ironman. I didn't notice until I exited the game and saw the Switch Character button and the icons next to the settings were grayed out -- no Ironman and no achievements. If anyone isn't getting achievements anymore, check that you're still Ironman. I'll probably have to start a new game as I doubt they'll fix saves to make them Ironman again.

Reactions:
I am on a new 1.03 game and I just saw that my new vassal, who is the last of his dynasty and have no family, had a lowborn woman in his court be his heir without any relationship between them. I use the over title trick mentioned by the dev in this thread and it recalculated succession to me and that worked. The problem is that if I didn't do that, would that lowborn woman with no right to the tile inherit it and become my vassal?

If yes, that might be part of the reason why the world have a tendency in some game to end up with a majority of landed noble who are woman, because all the men in your court die as knight and you wife, daughter or lowborn courtier, for the independent counts, end up as the heir, because there is no possible male heir still alive.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
succession is still broken. If you add a law on a title, this title will be exempt from the partition.

For exemple you have 2 kingdoms title with partition with 2 sons, normally on death both son will inherit 1 kingdom and your kingdom will be split in 2 kingdoms. But if you add a Male only law on 1 title, this title with be exempt from the partition and your 1st son will inherit both kingdom titles.
you can easily check this by playing west francia in 867 which have 2 kingdom titles and 2 sons with male only on one.

I think it's how it's suppose to do with special law like feudal election, but this shouldn't do that when you have 2 son with male only.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Please consider fixing religion in the next patch. Catholicism is almost ubplayable because of the way fervor and conversion work. It is currently way too prone to heresy and because fervor is always so low you can never convert any of your provinces. Unreformed pagans can convert you in like a year and it takes 20 for you to convert them. Also, please bring back missionaries or at least put pressure on unreformed pagan rulers to convert to Christianity or Islam based on their geographic location.

I'm not suffering from that in my game, but it's still reasonably early, and I've been actively converting (Arpad start 867, converted to Catholic almost immediately) and expanding so that I'm now the Emperor of Carpathia.

And that's even with repeated "Wicked Bishop" events firing for one particular Pope.

My previous game as the pagan Hvitserks *did* tank Catholic fervour, but I was converting everything in sight, and a Lollard outbreak became established in France and spread.

Can't quite find a clear answer anywhere. When is the whole Ruler/Dynasty Designer feature coming out? I booted up CK3 only to realize how much I miss it.

Reactions:
Reactions:
We're looking into an issue like that.
If (or hopefully when) this bug gets fixed, will it fix itself in an already ongoing save? Like, will the game register that my current emperor is really supposed to be the house head? Or will I have to start a new game? That would really fucking suck

Reactions:
Small questions to the dev. Is it worth is to report Historical mistakes as bugs or is it too much work at this point? (Like Centohl V of Béarn was not count of Bigorre in 1066, it was Bernat of Carcassonne son of the count of Foix)

Are there any plan to be able to play some of the characters that are still there but became unlanded because of the merge of counties (like the Comminges Family who has been unsettled from the county by the count of Armagnac) ;)

edit: nm reported as bugs so if you have time you can decide what to do :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Realm authority does NOT apply to sub-vassals unlike CK2, so those sub-vassals are free to war against whoever they like.

Reactions:
Realm authority does NOT apply to sub-vassals unlike CK2, so those sub-vassals are free to war against whoever they like.
Are you sure about this? I have never seen this happen. The only wars I have seen among sub-vassals are those that have to do with revolts and factions, but never anything that is declared the normal way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So 11 days since the last patch, do we have some prediction of when the next one will be released?

Probably after dev diaries resume in a few weeks.

Hopefully this week. At least a small patch to fix some of the more critical bugs would be nice like the ones related to succession.

I think that's very optimistic. Would love to see something this week but I'm guessing they are waiting to do one large patch at the end of this month/early October.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.