Patch 1.0.3. Out now! Checksum [935c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Hi everyone!

We have just deployed a new (small) patch, version 1.0.3. It fixes various issues related to succession. On behalf of the Crusader Kings III team, we are sincerely grateful and humbled by all your feedback! We are working hard to investigate and address the issues that have been reported!

Independent from this patch, we have pushed a potential fix for Steam users that couldn’t fire up the game. This means that next time you will start the game via Steam, you will get an installation step (like on a first-time installation), don’t worry, this is perfectly normal!

If you want to know more about how to post a bug report, check this thread!

See you soon!

Rewrote the order of succession system.
This fixes a variety of issue related to succession. Some examples include half-siblings from the wrong parent inheriting, distant relatives not inheriting, and some issues with who would inherit land in partition.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 116Like
  • 27Love
Reactions:
really? you fixed this ONE thing and not the constant boat spam? lazy

Boat spam? You mean AI being able to finally use water to move armies around in wars?

• 17Like
  • 8Haha
Reactions:
What’s the specific succession fix?

I’m still trying to get my head around how some bits of the new succession systems work - so difficult to tell what’s a bug from what I simply don’t get yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
really? you fixed this ONE thing and not the constant boat spam? lazy
Succession was clearly and straightforwardly defective in ways that were making Really Bad Things happen.

Boat spam is a balance and AI behaviour issue to which a variety of approaches are valid and which does not require a super-urgent fix the way "wtf why is my mother the heir to the male-preference titles I inherited from my father when I have two living uncles?" and friends did.

• 15Like
Reactions:
What succession bug? The Ironman one? Cause I just loaded my save where the succession was all over the place and happened again.

Not to mention that the AI just uses boats to escape combat. Of course in the middle ages armies would summon ships out of the arse and escape. Makes sense.

Once the new car smell dies off, the ugly shows its head. Guess they'll fix it with patch 1.13 or something.

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:

I’m still trying to get my head around how some bits of the new succession systems work - so difficult to tell what’s a bug from what I simply don’t get yet.

My understanding is that it is spouses being in line to inherit titles. I'm not sure if there were other issues as well, but that was a pretty big one.

• 2Like
Reactions:

I'm not sure how many issues existed with succession laws - but sometimes the order of succession would change to include people who shouldn't be there after the rulers death. For example if you had a county with an heir of your dynasty, and your heir's mother had a child with someone else, that child would inherit after your heir instead of it passing back to your dynasty.

Reactions:
I saw this & was just about to get upset that my game would be ruined, when I see there is already an option to play with the original version 1.02 on steam. Well done. Used to be a big bugbear in early CK2.

Reactions:
where do they mention the boat issue in the post? thought so.
I said read the whole post, not "they fixed the thing they are intentionally doing with boats that you misleadingly call spam"
here's the part of the post you missed when you said they fixed "one thing"
Independent from this patch, we have pushed a potential fix for Steam users that couldn’t fire up the game. This means that next time you will start the game via Steam, you will get an installation step (like on a first-time installation), don’t worry, this is perfectly normal!

Reactions:
Boat spam? You mean AI being able to finally use water to move armies around in wars?
I was playing as a count in Ireland and my enemy count who lived right beside me would put all of his troops on boats and then do an amphibious assault into my territory, instead of just walking into my area. The AI wastes money doing this but more importantly they have no chance of winning wars when they engage in their useless boat spam.

• 4Like
Reactions:
We've updated the changelog now to be more descriptive:
"Rewrote the order of succession system.
This fixes a variety of issue related to succession. Some examples include half-siblings from the wrong parent inheriting, distant relatives not inheriting, and some issues with who would inherit land in partition. "

• 9Like
Reactions:
I was playing as a count in Ireland and my enemy count who lived right beside me would put all of his troops on boats and then do an amphibious assault into my territory, instead of just walking into my area. The AI wastes money doing this but more importantly they have no chance of winning wars when they engage in their useless boat spam.
this sounds like some kind of error in AI programming (IE an actual problem) and not "boat spam"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.