• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tisifoni12

Field Marshal
20 Badges
Oct 29, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
Having considerable difficulties creating a passage between first two domes:
  • Can't seem to turn orientation and the 'sprite' that appears always seems to be at 60 degrees to the direction the passage will leave the dome; controls don't re-orientate
  • Inside and outside I get objects blocking, but there's nothing there !
  • I read that the max distance is 14 hexes, so I have twelve between the dome doors at each end, is 14 too far ?
Ah, incorrect assumption that passages must unter at airlock, sacrificing an airlock . . .

Last edited:
Having considerable difficulties creating a passage between first two domes:
  • Can't seem to turn orientation and the 'sprite' that appears always seems to be at 60 degrees to the direction the passage will leave the dome; controls don't re-orientate
  • Inside and outside I get objects blocking, but there's nothing there !
  • I read that the max distance is 14 hexes, so I have twelve between the dome doors at each end, is 14 too far ?
Ah, incorrect assumption that passages must unter at airlock, sacrificing an airlock . . .
Yeah, you literally can't have the passage collide with the regular exits.
A few random notes:
Humorously, graphically the colonists don't ending up walking through the tunnels.
You can set 'checkpoints' to force the tunnel to go in a less direct path, by clicking on spots along the way. This can be helpful if you want to build a ramp but the domes are too close together, or if the angle of entry into a dome is making it fail.
Using the max distance isn't always smart - there is a max distance that colonists will walk to switch domes, so a tighter colony can delay the need for Shuttle hubs.