• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did they change it from -40 to -50 in the last patch? (I'm talking about the hit you get with your other vassals, not the guy you've imprisoned)

Oh, I meant the one for the guy who got tossed in the slammer next to the 300 lb knight named Bubba.

If you survive this without giving up Palermo, you sir, are a legend.

I'm sure I can withstand several waves of 25,000 man armies...

There will be vengeance, good sir. I assure you. But for now, let me bend knee and kiss your Imperial ring of office. :D Besides, he still has your armies in the north.

There will be vengeance, good sir. I assure you. But for now, let me bend knee and kiss your Imperial ring of office. :D Besides, he still has your armies in the north.

This reminded me of Colonization, where you'd occasionally get events that raised taxes, and your choice was to revolt or kiss the ring. :)

In May 1107, I have to deal with my first plot to Institute Elective Monarchy. How he thought this was going to work with over 75% of the counties in my realm being held by Oberto and Oberto Palpatine, I'm not sure.

16-PlotElectiveMonarchy.jpg
How did you get (or get to keep) Muslim vassals? Judging by his portrait and name, Mayor Fahd of Syracusa is unlikely to be Christian.

How did you get (or get to keep) Muslim vassals? Judging by his portrait and name, Mayor Fahd of Syracusa is unlikely to be Christian.

Fahd was actually Christian. Portraits and names are based on culture.

It's possible to end up with Muslims in pretty much any position. The strange screenshot thread has a couple of Shiite popes. You can make a child Muslim by sending him to a Muslim guardian.

Surely you'll tell him where to stick his request, right? I want to see a huge war!

Did you do anything to justify this? And if he's just being a dick, did he just get himself a -20 opinion modifier with all his dukes for one holiday home county in Sicily? Surely the Baltic Sea isn't that bad??

Surely you'll tell him where to stick his request, right? I want to see a huge war!

Funny.

Did you do anything to justify this? And if he's just being a dick, did he just get himself a -20 opinion modifier with all his dukes for one holiday home county in Sicily? Surely the Baltic Sea isn't that bad??

He had a claim on Palermo, that I didn't know about until he sent me that request.

War is out, but how about a super-plot against the emperor? You just need a good rebel alliance...

Me? Plot? Neeeever....

Chapter 17 - Revenge is a dish best served...sober

September 1108: While Oberto momentarily considered declaring independence, his self-preservation instinct kicked in. But needless to say, Oberto took the revocation of his rightful title a smidge personally.

17-Opinion.jpg

With the newly dropped opinion, Oberto drops his ambition to become Steward. Meanwhile, the Kaiser sensed that there might be some hard feelings...

17-KeeperofSwans.jpg

In April, the Kaiser declares war on Hungary to put Count Ulrich on the throne. This opens the door for some plotting...

17-PlotforSalermo.jpg

Count Folco is tired of being locked in the dungeon. Whiner.

17-Falco.jpg

While the plot percolates, we declare war on the Emir of Valencia in September 1111.

17-DoWValencia.jpg

Uh-oh...

17-Plotdiscovered.jpg

What's a woman doing in a pub during the middle ages anyways? wasn't that kinda thing considered grossly immoral back then?

Your wife really needs to stay out of those dive bars.

Not my wife, but yes. :)

Hey, everyone needs as hobby, and getting the Emperor pissed at Oberto is Adelheid's.

Apparently so!

you really do need to ensure your wife has access to booze at home ... its nice that even if you are utterly despicable Sieghard is prepared to let you have the swans to ... to eat?

Swans...taste like chicken!

What's a woman doing in a pub during the middle ages anyways? wasn't that kinda thing considered grossly immoral back then?

Maybe the Princess moonlights as a tavern wench?

The Emperor revokes your title, you plot to blackmail him and take it back. What's next, he assassinates your wife? Or perhaps even Palpatine. This is going to end swimmingly. :D

Chapter 18 - Rebels without a clue

With the plot publicly known and no chance to get enough plot power to act on it, I drop the plot before I get imprisoned.

Meanwhile, in May 1112, the Duke of Barcelona decides to try and take Valencia as well. Unfortunately for them, I got there first.

In January 1113, a new religious order is founded...

18-KnightsofStJohn.jpg

In March, I'm able to usurp the Duchy of Salerno back.

Some revolts kick off in Sicily, and the Kingdom of Sicily gets invaded by heathens (not sure offhand who that is). If the heathens win, I'll just take that duchy and the Kingdom.

18-Sicily.jpg

Here in February 1114, the war in Valencia is dragging on, and I've got more rebels. But as you can see, Sicily lost their war.

18-Sicily2.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't bring my armies out of Valencia in time to stop the rebels...

18-Looters.jpg

In March 1115, my son apparently decides that I didn't have enough rebel problems.

18-Genoataxes.jpg

More rebels...

18-Buildinglost.jpg

18-Looters2.jpg

The rebels in Trapani disperse in November, thankfully, and Siracusa's rebels also disperse in April 1116.

This can't possibly go badly...

18-Stewarddisease.jpg

In June, the war with Valencia finally ends. Unfortunately, I can only get the county of Castellon, as Barcelona got to Valencia first, and Denia is owned by another sheikh.

18-Castellon.jpg

Interesting. How could this possibly go wrong?

18-AdelheidPlot.jpg

The Emperor revokes your title, you plot to blackmail him and take it back. What's next, he assassinates your wife? Or perhaps even Palpatine. This is going to end swimmingly. :D

CK is great about keeping you on edge.