Parklife Steam giveaway [finished]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Edit: The giveaway is officially finished!

------------------------------------------------

To answer a few most popular questions, which you may have, we created the FAQ below. Please give it a read, but if something is still not clear, don't hesitate to message us in this thread.

1. What DLC will I get for free?
You will get Cities: Skylines Parklife DLC for free on Steam.

2. How long is this offer running for?
The offer is valid between 21st April 23.59 CET and 26th April 23.59 CET. If you have signed up to the newsletter before, you are covered. Please wait up to 36 hours for DLC to appear in your Steam library.

3. How can I redeem the free DLC?

To be eligible for receiving Parklife DLC for free on your Steam account, please follow the steps below:
  • Own a base game of Cities: Skylines on Steam.
  • Create a Paradox Account ( accounts.paradoxplaza.com).
  • In the Settings tab, sign up for Paradox newsletter.
  • Verify your email (remember to check your spam and promotion folders on your mailbox).
  • Back on your Paradox account Settings, sign up for Cities: Skylines newsletter.
  • Link your Paradox and Steam accounts on the Settings tab.
  • Set your Steam account to “Public” so our team can confirm you own the base game. You can reset your Steam profile to private after you’ve received the giveaway.
  • Wait up to 36 hours for DLC to appear in your Steam library.
4. Do I need to own the base game to play the DLC?
Yes, you need to own Cities: Skylines base game on Steam to be eligible for this promotion.

5. I own the game on console, can I still redeem the DLC on Steam?
No, this promotion is only available for the owners of Cities: Skylines base game on Steam. We are planning something for our console players soon, stay tuned! :)

6. I do not have a Paradox account, can I still redeem the free DLC?
No, you need to create a Paradox account, link it to your Steam account and sign up for Cities Skylines newsletter. You can create a Paradox account here: https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/login

Artboard 1.jpg

7. How do I subscribe to Cities: Skylines newsletter?
Login to your Paradox account on https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/, go to Settings > Subscriptions and subscribe to Paradox newsletter. You’ll then receive a verification email, click to verify your email address. If you don’t see the verification email, don’t forget to check your spam and promotion folders on your mailbox. Go back to your Paradox account page: you can now activate the Cities: Skylines newsletter subscription.

Artboard 3.jpg

8. How do I link my Steam and Paradox accounts?
Login to your Paradox account on https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/, go to Settings > Accounts linking, and click “link account” for Steam.

Artboard 2.jpg

9. I already bought this DLC, can I get a refund? Or another DLC for free?
No, it's not possible.

10. I was already registered for the newsletter, linked my Steam and Paradox accounts, and set my Steam profile to public. Can I still get the DLC for free?
Yes, as long as your account fits the requirement of the offer between April 21st and April 26th, you will get the DLC for free.

11. How exactly do I receive the DLC?
Parklife DLC will be added automatically to your Steam account within 36 hours from fulfilling the promotion requirements. Remember to set your Steam profile to public! You can change this setting back, once you receive the DLC.

Artboard 4 (1).jpg

12. I did everything but did not get my DLC.
Please wait for up to 36 hours to see Parklife DLC appear in your Steam Library after fulfilling all requirements for the offer.

Artboard 5.jpg

13. Cities: Skylines is not showing up on my Paradox account. Will I still get the DLC for free?
This is normal and will not affect your ability to get the Parklife DLC. Steam is used to confirm you have the game, so just make sure your profile and games are public.

14. Can Steam support grant Parklife to my account for free?
No, Steam customer support will not be able to help you get Parklife DLC for free. If you have waited over 36h and still have not received it, please fill in the Google Form mentioned in point 12.

Last edited:
Reactions:
1) Thank you.

2) The game says I'm linked on the title screen. The launcher says I'm linked. Steam says I'm linked. This website always tells me I'm not.

To answer a few most popular questions, which you may have, we created the FAQ below. Please give it a read, but if something is still not clear, don't hesitate to message us in this thread.
A couple of things that are not mentioned at all and remain unclear:
1. What is the reason for this give away?

2. What do you have to say to everyone who paid good money for this DLC which you now give away for free?

3. What else will you be giving away for free in the future?
If I knew in advance, I wouldn't waste any money on purchasing it.

4. Who is the moron that conceived this ridiculous marketing stunt?

It shows on steam for me on this website it doesn't show. Only steam shows it so, I think the developers or whoever the person that is doing it is going onto the account & pressing the steam account because it's linked onto it & will give it. That's what I'm guessing because for me also does not show I own HOI4 & CS on this website but on steam yes.

I follow Paradox twitter someone also replied about Q2. Paradox replied with"
just FYI guys, we appreciate the support for cities skylines. :) You buying the DLCs lets the team put out those cool free patches and make some content free-of-charge, later down the line. Thank you!"

A couple of things that are not mentioned at all and remain unclear:
1. What is the reason for this give away?

It's not a giveaway. If it was, it would be just "free now on Steam". You can do that.

This is more like a sale of sorts. The price has changed. You don't pay cash, you pay with creating an account, giving your email address, linking your accounts, signing up for a marketing letter. And that is the reason for the not-a-giveaway.

While I don't particularly like it, this is acceptable. Calling it a giveaway is a little bit deceptive in my opinion, and not really acceptable in my mind, but most people will probably disagree. The whole "nobody cares" thing.

But, if people wish to enter into this kind of agreement, that's okay. I think most people would think it is a pretty good deal.

2. What do you have to say to everyone who paid good money for this DLC which you now give away for free?

Kind of sucks for anyone who already has Parklife (I agree with you 100% there) and is willing to accept the terms, and get Parklife in return. But if I was at the end of my driveway offering painted rocks in exchange for your email address, and you said you don't want a rock, you want something else, I'm gonna tell you "too bad, rocks is what I'm offering", and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

3. What else will you be giving away for free in the future?
If I knew in advance, I wouldn't waste any money on purchasing it.

Which is pretty much why they aren't going to tell you. Aside from the fact that they may not yet know.

4. Who is the moron that conceived this ridiculous marketing stunt?

It's not an uncommon practice.