Parish registers not giving manpower recovery anymore?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

augustuscaeser2

Second Lieutenant
39 Badges
Apr 25, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Hey all, I was looking forward to trying a protestant one faith with newly buffed protestant. But when I converted, I noticed parish registers just gives a free admin policy now. There was a dev diary saying it would give sailor recovery in addition to manpower recovery. Is this just for lions of the north, and we just get the admin policy otherwise?

The patch notes for 1.34 say the same as the dev diary as you quoted above. It was listed in the patch notes under free features, so I don't think it is an issue to whether you have the DLC or not.

I haven't done a Protestant run in 1.34 so can't talk from experience, but the wiki which hasn't been updated since 1.23 says Parish Registers give temporary corruption reduction in addition to +1 admin policy.

Reactions:
Parish registers had manpower recovery till 1.33. In 1.34 it was changed to the free admin policy and -0.1 yearly corruption for 10 years. I guess it first gained sailor recovery speed during the development of 1.34 and the developers forgot to remove that line from the patchnotes when it was changed to the free admin policy
the wiki which hasn't been updated since 1.23
The wiki has been updated. But nobody verified since 1.23 that every single bit of information in the whole protestant section is correct.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Parish registers had manpower recovery till 1.33. In 1.34 it was changed to the free admin policy and -0.1 yearly corruption for 10 years. I guess it first gained sailor recovery speed during the development of 1.34 and the developers forgot to remove that line from the patchnotes when it was changed to the free admin policy

The wiki has been updated. But nobody verified since 1.23 that every single bit of information in the whole protestant section is correct.
Thank you… it’s a pity they made this change. Protestant needed straight up buffs, not removing its single best church aspect!

Thank you… it’s a pity they made this change. Protestant needed straight up buffs, not removing its single best church aspect!
You'd be better placed for a One Faith run using Catholicism. With the constant conversion you should be able to maintain all of the Catholic bonuses pretty much continuously once you get them all up.

Castile into Spain (keep Castilian ideas for the missionary bonuses), become HRE Emperor and PU GB via mission tree is well suited for a One Faith run. You can also get control of Jerusalem early from Mamluks and steal Norway from Denmark with the Age ability during Age of Discovery for extra missionaries via monuments.

You'd be better placed for a One Faith run using Catholicism. With the constant conversion you should be able to maintain all of the Catholic bonuses pretty much continuously once you get them all up.

Castile into Spain (keep Castilian ideas for the missionary bonuses), become HRE Emperor and PU GB via mission tree is well suited for a One Faith run. You can also get control of Jerusalem early from Mamluks and steal Norway from Denmark with the Age ability during Age of Discovery for extra missionaries via monuments.
I did a Catholic one last year (Provence -> Jerusalem -> Sardinia Piedmont-> France -> Austria -> Germany). I wanted to do Protestant along with a one culture, starting with Provence/Bohemia -> Sardinia->Croatia-> Prussia -> Germany -> Rome. But I think my mid game manpower management has gotten lazy from slackening and having the Catholic bonus XD.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I did a Catholic one last year (Provence -> Jerusalem -> Sardinia Piedmont-> France -> Austria -> Germany). I wanted to do Protestant along with a one culture, starting with Provence/Bohemia -> Sardinia->Croatia-> Prussia -> Germany -> Rome. But I think my mid game manpower management has gotten lazy from slackening and having the Catholic bonus XD.
What about Orthodox? It's also better than Protestant IMO. And you won't have any manpower issues once you form Russia :)