Not a Sahib
- Nov 25, 2007
The reformation and resurrection of France, an alternate life of Henri IV.[/COLOR]
Voted Best EUIII History Book AAR - Q3, Q4 2008 and Q1, Q2 2009
Glorified, as patron of Huguenots and the Gallic Church - October 2008 Many thanks to asd!
Writer of the Week 6/11 2008 - Thank you CatKnight!
Weekly AAR Showcase 4/3 2009 - Thanks to great comrade tehfreakie!
- Best Character Writer of the Week 24/4 2009 - - Merci to volksmarschall!
AARwarded a Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness ●
Select comments on the AAR
mandead said:On the contrary, Milties, I think this is a bloody atrocious attempt at an AAR, but I've read this far so I thought I might as well stick it out.
To be frank, I've read more entertaining things on the back of beer mats.
Hi there and welcome to my second AAR!
This will be my attempt at actually finishing a story here. To make it easier and thus more enjoyable I’ve changed my style a bit. This piece will be written in a (kind of) history book style and the updates will be smaller than they used to be. Hopefully this will prevent the worst cases of Writer's Block.
In OT Henri IV, supposedly, uttered the words: Paris vaut bien une messe! [Paris is worth a mass] when he stood outside Paris unable to enter as a Protestant king. He was then forced to abjure his Protestant faith for the second time to become the king of France. France had by then been ravaged by no less than eight wars of religion. Things change though in this timeline, on the 2nd of August 1589, Henri technically ascends the French throne as the head of the Gallic Church and France. Around him (me) the Spanish ready themselves and their proxy fighters, the Catholic League, for a fight about the very identity of France.
I will be using various graphical mods and some personal modding to actually implement the possibility to start in 1589 as Reformed (referred to as Protestant) France. I've also beefed the stats of the General Henri IV.
Table of contents said:
Vive la France,
Vive le roi Henri!
- Chapter I - the Beginning
- Chapter II - War and Peace
- Chapter III - Action and Consolidation
- Chapter IV - War of the Grand Alliances
- Chapter V - North and South
- Chapter VI - A French Lion in Flanders
- Chapter VII - The Fall of a Giant
- Chapter IIX - Twilight of an Empire
- Chapter IX - Dawn of Republics
- Chapter X - On the State of France after the War
- Chapter XI - The Grand Design
- Chapter XII - A Gathering of Clouds
- Chapter XIII - War to the North! War in the South!
- Chapter XIV - Revolt and Collapse
- Chapter XV - Turmoil in Britannia
- Chapter XVI - End of the Beginning
- Chapter XVII - A Parliament Divided
- Chapter XVIII - The Lion's Fall
- Chapter XIX - The Three Marshals
- Chapter XX - Baptism of Fire
- Chapter XXI - Paris!
- Chapter XXII - All Roads Lead to Rome
- Chapter XXIII - The French-Papal War
- Chapter XXIV - The French-Papal War Part II
- Chapter XXV - Heirs of Kings
- Chapter XXVI - A New Heir?
- Chapter XXVII - The Charlemagne Plan
- Chapter XXVIII - To the Ebro and Beyond
- Chapter XXIX - Spanish Twilight
- Chapter XXX - God is French
- Chapter XXXI - King Nicolas
- Chapter XXXII - The New France
- Chapter XXXIII - And Quiet Flows the Rhine
- Chapter XXXIV - Cloak and Dagger
- Chapter XXXV – The Tsarina of all the Austrians
- Chapter XXXVI – The Roar of King Nicholas
- Chapter XXXVII – Huguenot Cross, Austrian Grave
- Chapter XXXIIX – The Sighting of the Stephansdom
- Chapter XXXIX – All Praise the Infanta!
- Chapter XL – Amidst the Fallen Estates
- Chapter XLI – Frondeurs in Brittany
- Chapter XLII - The French Connection
- Chapter XLIII – Guerre Éclair
- Chapter XLIV – Ante Bellum
- Chapter XLV – Der Wacht am Rhein
- Chapter XVLI - Semper Augustus
- Chapter XLVII - The Man from Paris
[*][URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9506598&postcount=662"]Chapter XLVIII - The Huttwil League
- Chapter XLIX – Snares of Succession
- Chapter L – Can it be done Vicomte?
- Chapter LI - GERMANIA
- Chapter LII - At the Gates of Bohemia
- Chapter LIII – Don Carlos, Spain - War
- Chapter LIV – Libera Nos a Malo
- Chapter LV – The Road to Passau
- Chapter LVI – At the Crossroads, Part I
- Chapter LVII – At the Crossroads, part II
- Chapter LVIII – The Hardest Struggle
- Chapter LIX – A Confederation in Kilkenny
- Chapter LX – Pappenheim on the Danube
- Chapter LXI – Actium
- Chapter LXII – The People’s Winter
[*][URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10047627&postcount=855"]Chapter LXIII – Heir of the Gallic Hercules
- Chapter LXIV – Farewell to the Hradčany
- Chapter LXV – The Glory that was Spain
- Chapter LXVI - Nicolas Comes to the Spree
- Chapter XVLII – In the Forest of the Iroquois
- Chapter LXVIII
- Intermission - the World of Our Lord in the Year 1672
- Christ Has Risen, News From Russia - The High Porte - Reports From Constantinople -