Paratrooper combat - what is fair and what is 'gamey'?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To really make them fair in this game, they should not be allowed any brigades.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I remember correctly (as its been a couple years since I last played), all land units except PARA remain stationary for 24 hours after completing mission. The fact that a PARA just landed (and is locked from being able to receive a move mission for 24 hours) but can literally be "sucked up" by a fresh TRA loading him is the problem. Note PARA does not move to TRA; rather TRA loads him. And that is the error making possible the incorrect very frequent re-use of PARA being discussed in last several posts.

But as regards the opening of the thread, I would say that any PARA that can manage to take the province deserves it. It is extremely cunning I think to commit a para to an attack, then halt that attack by retreating everybody... and then with incredible timing land a fresh PARA. Sounds like the enemy got fooled.

Merry Christmas 2020 everybody!

• 1Like
Reactions:
To really make them fair in this game, they should not be allowed any brigades.
Agreed. This has been edited for the 1936 Improved Mod by Lord Jarski, only allowing engineer brigades for them.
If I remember correctly (as its been a couple years since I last played), all land units except PARA remain stationary for 24 hours after completing mission. The fact that a PARA just landed (and is locked from being able to receive a move mission for 24 hours) but can literally be "sucked up" by a fresh TRA loading him is the problem. Note PARA does not move to TRA; rather TRA loads him. And that is the error making possible the incorrect very frequent re-use of PARA being discussed in last several posts.

But as regards the opening of the thread, I would say that any PARA that can manage to take the province deserves it. It is extremely cunning I think to commit a para to an attack, then halt that attack by retreating everybody... and then with incredible timing land a fresh PARA. Sounds like the enemy got fooled.

Merry Christmas 2020 everybody!
A belated Merry Christmas to you too Commander!

Yes I think you're right, any unit that's been deployed from a TP has to wait 24 hours, I'd imagine it's the same for paratroopers.