Paradox Unveils New Europa Universalis IV Mini Expansion to the Public

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VeraVonGunner

Master of Merch
Paradox Staff
2 Badges
Mar 14, 2014
merch.paradoxplaza.com
  • Paradox Order
  • IPO Investor
STOCKHOLM — JUNE 17, 2014 — Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today revealed the third expansion for Europa Universalis IV, the award-winning grand strategy game of empire-building and global domination. The new mini expansion, entitled Res Publica, will introduce new systems of governance and trade to the game, including an all-new government type and several new Idea Groups for ambitious strategists to explore. The mini expansion is scheduled to release this summer for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs.

Res Publica, a Latin phrase meaning “Public Affairs,” expands upon the critically acclaimed strategy game Europa Universalis IV, providing players with even more ways to rewrite history and tell their unique stories of conquest. In Res Publica, dictators and diplomats will discover new ways to manage and govern their empires, including additional ways to influence growth, sway the balance of power, and maintain – or shatter – a nation’s stability.

Res Publica adds the following features to the game’s affairs:

Republic Affairs: Grow your influence with the Merchant Republic faction to create new trade posts and reap bonuses, or exploit the inner power struggles of the Dutch Republic and their unique election events
Meet the New Boss: Try the all-new Republican Dictatorship government type, and decide between increases in power or Republic Tradition in new in-game opportunities and events
Don’t Fight the Power: Retain power for the ruling family by backing heirs in Elective Monarchies; boost your growth with the National Focus bonus and spend your points on Administrative, Diplomatic, or Military Power

Res Publica will provide grand strategy fans with their broadest set of choices and tactics yet when it releases this summer. However, if you want to see the expanded gameplay in action right now, check out livestream at http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive where we have 32 dev’s playing the latest beta build of the game today from 15:30cest to 17:30cest

For more information on Europa Universalis IV Res Publica, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-universalis-iv-res-publica.

Wow, this looks awesome. I'll check out the stream when I'm home later today.

Maybe a bit too early after the big expansion that is WoN, but a few new additions and (I hope) fixes would be a nice plus.

Keep working hard!
Well, I'm guessing that the expansion will probably be available only 2 months or so from now. After all, August is in the summer too :)

Looks interesting but there are already so many issues with 1.6 that adding more content to the game so quickly is probably not the best idea.
It is a good idea if the goal is to distract everyone from all the issues in 1.6. Odds are we'll see more threads speculating on the new expansion, and fewer discussing what people don't like about the game as-is.

I am with others when I say I don't get the best feelings from this. There are more important things that can be fixed and improved. I hope this doesn't detract from efforts on those.

I am with others when I say I don't get the best feelings from this. There are more important things that can be fixed and improved. I hope this doesn't detract from efforts on those.

Considering we still have bugs and problems with previous DLC (American Dream) but pushing out new content takes priority apparently, expect things that need fixing to not be.

I think the issue is that, after reading the announcement, I still have no real sense of what this DLC will cover. Looks like a couple of features for the least widespread government forms... but what else is there?

I'm all up for more in-depth country management, as that is something this game lacks. Though I thought the second DLC was the trade DLC. I guess we'll see what this one will actually have to offer in the developer diaries. I'm not one to usually complain about PDS, so I'll withhold my judgement on this until more information is available.